What's new

1 out 10... rate the game

I give it a 7 too but think it'll be better as one learns and discovers combos. The story mode is awful IMO. I don't know who wrote the dialogue but it is so bad at times you laugh about it even thought it's not meant to be funny. Its reminds me of games written in japanese and then someone translates it to english in a very robotic-literal meaning. Its kinda like you did a google translation from some other language.

Lee-K

Noob
6.5, honestly. There are parts of it that are really cool, like some of the special moves (sub zero, etc) but honestly the fighting mechanics are so bad and literally have next to no thought to them at all. The whole system is so poorly made. The game in general feels like some no name developer game that you'd find for $8.99 in the checkout aisle at Wal-Mart. I thought it was going to suck, but I can't believe just how much it sucks.

It's still fun to check out and everything, but buying this game would be an awful idea.

6.5, honestly. There are parts of it that are really cool, like some of the special moves (sub zero, etc) but honestly the fighting mechanics are so bad and literally have next to no thought to them at all. The whole system is so poorly made. The game in general feels like some no name developer game that you'd find for $8.99 in the checkout aisle at Wal-Mart. I thought it was going to suck, but I can't believe just how much it sucks.

It's still fun to check out and everything, but buying this game would be an awful idea.

I hate to say it but i agree with you,but it is still fun to mess around with not on a competitor level but fun.

9.0 Has 2-d and 3-d feature. That made me happy. AEGS does not work thats why I give 9.0 instead of 9.5. Tons of stuff to learn. tim right no need for book.

Tim Static

Adminerator
I am SO out of touch with this kind of play system, so I am tryin to adjust to it.

But from what I remember from the past 3, this is about 9097453788394803 times better tho.

Havent done story mode yet, so no comment on that, nor an "official score".

i rate this 8.5, its extremely fun. its loaded with juggles and combos. i have been doing sick combos with kitana, she has a strange mk2 feel that i really like. its great. the flash is awsome,green lantern is good. and sub zero is pretty good too.

the combos are great, seems that when you start a move,as soon as you start it you can do a special right out of the move that you just started,but those moves are hard if you don't know the timings.

the juggles are insanely addicting, kitana's combos to juggles and so on are so much fun. her square punch is similar to umk3 and her fan toss reminds me of mk2,but more of them to toss,lol. so far i have been using 5 characters and doing cool combos with all of them.

the fun factor is high, there is no doubt about that.love the juggling.i already have a couple high hit kitana combo's,lol. this game is fun.

CrashLand

Ready for Freddy
True. But if you hit start to select your character in arcade mode, you get his 2nd color (they do them almost exactly the same way from MKII)
I did catch that... although some of the colors are reeeeeaaaally close. I guess between the IPs they were working with and the clothing damage alts just weren't worth the trouble.

Also OMG Raiden's bio says that Shao Kahn is his brother. Mortal Kombat Annihilation is canon!

Is this the first game where Liu Kang's turkey sounds are mostly gone?

sushi615

holla!! aim : laossushi
im sure they'll update it with new contents later on ..
the fighting system just doesnt feel right to me. i mean .. anyone who can mash buttons all day long can win. its seem broken and what not..
i've give it a 7.5...

It's very fun so far, but as far as balance goes...I give it a 4 or 5 haha. So many broken abilities just like the last few MK games. It can be pretty hard to get off combos online too, maybe it's lag and you just can't tell the lag is there.

MK will never be on par with the Tekken's and Street Fighter's of the industry. Oh well. Enjoy it for the novelty it is.

It's very fun so far, but as far as balance goes...I give it a 4 or 5 haha. So many broken abilities just like the last few MK games. It can be pretty hard to get off combos online too, maybe it's lag and you just can't tell the lag is there.[/COLOR]

MK will never be on par with the Tekken's and Street Fighter's of the industry. Oh well. Enjoy it for the novelty it is.

this muahfucka said tekken what a NOOB! :confused:

kensi

Noob
im sure they'll update it with new contents later on ..
the fighting system just doesnt feel right to me. i mean .. anyone who can mash buttons all day long can win. its seem broken and what not..
i've give it a 7.5...
i agree sushi. seems very button masher-ish. never been a fan of those types of games. i agree with you guys on the flash though, very fun character to use. his combos and set ups are pretty cool. i may feel differently about the fighting mechanics as i get better at the game. that's usually when games start taking shape and the button mashers get weeded out. it's still very early for this game...

game looks pretty good graphics-wise. characters are big and detailed. even if it still has that cartoon-ish look.

oh and lol@tekken.

i give it a 7

this game is solid as hell!! the pro-moves are NO joke! i use kitana,the flash,sub-zero and green lantern. all sick as hell! i am almost using kitana like i do in mk2,but with way more options,her roll owns! the juggling in this game is awsome! i have a huge high hitter with kitana that is nasty!!!!!!

anyone up to 30 hits with the flash yet?