What's new

Zoner rushdown classification

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
I personally don't agree with GL being zoning hybrid.

Last thing a GL wants to do is zone you out because of his terrible movement. Safe 50/50 with +onblock over head and a low with the reach of God lol.

GL has great SPACING tools but he's not hybrid rushdown than zoning.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
Oh yeah WW for sure can zone with slow ass tiaras.... -___________-
no, she's a rushdown character.
I would have to challenge you on that assessment.

She's not all rushdown, because she does have some weapons that can be used to zone (even if they are "slow ass tiaras"). I agree on one thing though, she is primarily rushdown. That's why it made more sense to have her as a rushdown hybrid, being that she is mainly rushdown, but she has the ability to zone.

I would have to challenge you on that assessment.

She's not all rushdown, because she does have some weapons that can be used to zone (even if they are "slow ass tiaras"). I agree on one thing though, she is primarily rushdown. That's why it made more sense to have her as a rushdown hybrid, being that she is mainly rushdown, but she has the ability to zone.
I see, if anything I would also put her as a counter zoner due to instant df3 and shield stance

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Now that I think of it, Bane is not really a grappler. Sure he has one great command grab but, is that enough to make you a grappler?

I'd say he is more setup orientated. Using his armor on opponents wake up and in the corner is the core of his game.
Joker setup too, he needs teeth to get juggles. Sure he has the BnB that is 3low gas canister but that is hardly hit confirmable. Its all about using your teeth, sweep, jump 2 and 3 and crowbar.

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
Now that you mention it, I haven't seen someone play keep-away with Green Lantern. I've seen more rushdown players, with a little zoning thrown in here or there. So, it's debatable whether or not he should be moved to Rushdown-Hybrid

I'm not a Green Lantern player, so if someone who mains Green Lantern would like to correct me on his position, then I ask you to.

JaredL

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen someone play keep-away with Green Lantern. I've seen more rushdown players, with a little zoning thrown in here or there. So, it's debatable whether or not he should be moved to Rushdown-Hybrid

I'm not a Green Lantern player, so if someone who mains Green Lantern would like to correct me on his position, then I ask you to.
Its match up specific. Against someone like an aquaman, GL does well with his air oas rocket, and against a grundy/bane he spams the shit out of his minigun with trait.

On that note, I would consider Superman a zoning hybrid, he certainly has great rushdown tools but his laser game is top notch too. Black Adam moved to hybrid too as I said earlier.

Lobo is probably a grappler though it might be too early?

Ratchet-Fabulous

#TeamTwirl
Its match up specific. Against someone like an aquaman, GL does well with his air oas rocket, and against a grundy/bane he spams the shit out of his minigun with trait.

On that note, I would consider Superman a zoning hybrid, he certainly has great rushdown tools but his laser game is top notch too. Black Adam moved to hybrid too as I said earlier.

Lobo is probably a grappler though it might be too early?
Playing as Harley Quinn, in which I mostly zone people, I have Green Lanterns try to play rushdown all the time. Even though he may have a large portion of his special moves consist of projectiles, they are most likely meant to help him when he's in the middle of a rushdown combo, if the combo videos are right.

JaredL

Playing as Harley Quinn, in which I mostly zone people, I have Green Lanterns try to play rushdown all the time. Even though he may have a large portion of his special moves consist of projectiles, they are most likely meant to help him when he's in the middle of a rushdown combo, if the combo videos are right.
Thing is, GLs rushdown is not God. He needs his zoning to stop better rushdowners, and he needs his rushdown to stop zoners in my experience with the guy.

I was wondering if there would be a footsie/spacing character category too.

Kinda like Kitana in MK9, she was not a rushdown character, but more of a whiff punisher/space controller

It's hard to do in this game, but characters like Aquaman and Superman have good reach, aquaman has an intense anti air as well, etc.
I think that would be a big part of someone's play.

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
I was wondering if there would be a footsie/spacing character category too.

Kinda like Kitana in MK9, she was not a rushdown character, but more of a whiff punisher/space controller

It's hard to do in this game, but characters like Aquaman and Superman have good reach, aquaman has an intense anti air as well, etc.
I think that would be a big part of someone's play.
Space controllers/pokers are alive in most fighting games.. Kitana, Vega/Claw, Super Skrull..
Thing is with this game.. And what I love.. Many characters have multiple options.. Which makes it a very deep game! Kind of a rare occurrence in most fighters.

"Will this DS/Supes/Quinn/christ the list goes on..rush me or spam me?"

I can't really recall any fighters where so much of the cast fit more into "hybrids" than actual structured classes. I'm loving it!

This makes it insanely easier to know who to practice with.

I've read that both GL and Raven play like Ermac from MK9. What was he considered? I mained Noob and Ermac. I typically play zoning/keepaway. I've been running Sinestro lately but want a second for kicks. Should I just jump on the Deathstroke train or try someone else?

Thanks for this chart though!

xWEBSx

Too old for this Shit
This makes it insanely easier to know who to practice with.

I've read that both GL and Raven play like Ermac from MK9. What was he considered? I mained Noob and Ermac. I typically play zoning/keepaway. I've been running Sinestro lately but want a second for kicks. Should I just jump on the Deathstroke train or try someone else?

Thanks for this chart though!
I tried to get a thread started here that compare Injustice cast to MK characters due to the heavy influential style from NRS.. In hopes to help people find a character to relate to.. Unfortunately it never took off :(

chores

bad at things
I think the list is in decent shape based on the comments. If you have ideas for Mr. Mileena new categories or xWEBSx if you have a list of comparable MK9 characters please share them.

Juggs -- can you rename this thread "zoner rushdown classification" to help new people using the search function?

learis1

Guardian Cadet
Interesting seeing Joker and Harley in the Hybrid category with supes. I never thought of them as relatively equally effective in their zoning and rushdown. I always thought they were better up close (hybrid-rushdown). Honestly, I have not seen those characters played high level on tournament streams. I guess when I think hybrid and I see superman I equate it to mean they do great at everything (lol at least that's how superman seems to me in the hands of CD jr)