What's new

You're offered one of two pills: a red pill and a blue pill...

Choose your destiny!

• Total voters

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Oh yes they do, they're just smart enough that you don't hear about it haha. Plus, I was talking mastering an instrument or art that would get one laid.
I play drums and guitar too, the two most sexually appealing instruments probably, AND I GET NONE

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Let's assume the pieces of knowledge cannot grant you the ability to see the future. That'd be too easy. lol. I'm thinking just academic subjects.

Does it offer full mastery of the academic knowledge of the subject matter? Knowing how to do CG or code isn't the same thing as being good at it. Same with engineering or chemistry or any of that academic stuff.

If I could choose full knowledge and mastery of "anything that could be considered an art" and "any science". Then that would be great because there are a lot of "artforms" and "sciences".

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Does it offer full mastery of the academic knowledge of the subject matter? Knowing how to do CG or code isn't the same thing as being good at it.
Just knowledge. But given your super IQ, I'd assume you'd become good at it and master it too.

JLG

Noob
These two choices are not even balanced.

The red pill makes you super human because you are not susceptible to external threats such as disease, drowning, poision or gunfire. Add in the fact that you will live way beyond the human average age (You won't even look old!), so you can plan and do whatever you want for a very, very long time.

What good is choosing the blue pill if I get hit and killed by a drunk driver the same day? Of course it's only a random example, but the point is that no amount of smarts can protect you from the unexpected like a lightning strike, tsunami or an Eastern European terrorist who doesn't mind shooting down the commercial jet you're using. The red pill guy does not have to worry about any of that.

There is also the problem of the blue pill giving you the opportunity to learn any field of study, but I did not see any guarantees that you will know what to do with all that knowledge. You know what can also give you almost unlimited amounts of information, but doesn't guarantee that you will be successful with it? The internet.

TLDR= red pill is OP, S tier, too good, and needs to be nerfed.

Faded Dreams V

There is also the problem of the blue pill giving you the opportunity to learn any field of study, but I did not see any guarantees that you will know what to do with all that knowledge.
I can only assume if you have the highest IQ and full knowledge of a subject, it'll just click. Whether I am overestimating human IQ, idk. The fun with this pill is that nobody really knows what they are getting into. Nobody can even begin to fathom what having such a genius level IQ feels like, or what the human capacity even is.

You know what can also give you almost unlimited amounts of information, but doesn't guarantee that you will be successful with it? The internet.
Well, the way I see, you can have all the information in the world in front of you, but if you don't understand it, it's worth very little. What this pill guarantees is full understanding of anything as fast as the human brain is capable of comprehending it. How fast that is is completely up to the imagination, since I believe the person with the highest estimated IQ was Leonardo Da Vinci or William James...something. As for the subjects you choose to master, you'll already have the knowledge and understanding engraved.

Actually the condition of your mind is closely connected to condition of you body, in real life people usually overdevelop one aspect of themselves that is why the other one suffers. But if you get your body to magically function perfectly you brain's condition will greatly improve which will result in a lot of advantages the blue pill grants. On the other hand absolute knowledge about your body's functions even without creating the same exact red people will grant you ways to improve you body

Hades

Noob
Red pill 100%. I'd take having greater physical capabilities over enhanced brain power any day. imagine being able to swim underwater as long as you want with no worries about a scuba tank. you'd be able to swim wherever you want whenever you want. Imagine being able to skydive without a parachute, just jump out a plane smash into the ground and get up no worries. sounds pretty ideal to me.

Pretty much I think being able to do things beyond the limitations of the human body trumps being able to be incredible mentally. I mean being incredibly smart does come with draw backs. I think having a heightened sense of whats truly going on around you would fuck you up psychologically really quickly. I think being smarter would actually make you more susceptible to depression and other mental illnesses that make you end up living a life of sadness and loneliness as you would also know through body language whether or not people were lying to you and you would notice a lot of the negative things most people don't pick up throughout the day.

Just my opinion anyway. I personally think being gifted at sports and being invulnerable (jumping out of planes with no parachute and shit) would be the best option. also not aging would be a huge bonus. 100 years of being young, athletic and being able to do whatever the fuck you want sounds pretty good to me.

E

Eldriken

I think one thing people are overlooking about the red pill is the eternal youth.

You would outlive everyone that you love and care about. You would watch your loved ones get old and die while you remain perfectly intact.

Consider the psychological repercussions of that.

Then, imagine all the attention you would constantly attract. It would be both positive and negative. I'd wager the negative would far outweigh the positive.

Gotta consider both ends of the spectrum here.

Reactions: JLG
I think one thing people are overlooking about the red pill is the eternal youth.

You would outlive everyone that you love and care about. You would watch your loved ones get old and die while you remain perfectly intact.

Consider the psychological repercussions of that.

Then, imagine all the attention you would constantly attract. It would be both positive and negative. I'd wager the negative would far outweigh the positive.

Gotta consider both ends of the spectrum here.
Except that OP states that you will die at the fixed aged of 100 so you won't outlive everyone by much, you will just die young

E

Eldriken

Except that OP states that you will die at the fixed aged of 100 so you won't outlive everyone by much, you will just die young
I know that you die at the fixed age of 100. But who's to say the ones you care about will live that long? Who's to say they won't resent you for keeping your youth throughout the years?

It would make it almost impossible to relate to anyone for an extended period of time. Give it 10-15 years and once they notice you're not changing, things can take a turn for the worse.

Also, keep in mind the age you currently are when taking the pill. If you're in your 60s, you essentially go back 30~ years in age and get to live another 72 years. These losses are inevitable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Yeah, these aren't very balanced, and the red pill clearly is the better choice.

If you think about it, taking the blue pill is a huge risk when you can just take the red one and be guaranteed to live the max amount of years possible, 100% immune to everything. You could take the blue pill, and then immediately get a brain aneurysm or some shit, you never know. And knowledge is nothing if you don't understand that knowledge. I'm a gambler at heart, but I know a bad bet when I see one.

It's ironic that the "smart pill", is the dumb choice.

Faded Dreams V

I know that you die at the fixed age of 100. But who's to say the ones you care about will live that long? Who's to say they won't resent you for keeping your youth throughout the years?

It would make it almost impossible to relate to anyone for an extended period of time. Give it 10-15 years and once they notice you're not changing, things can take a turn for the worse.

Also, keep in mind the age you currently are when taking the pill. If you're in your 60s, you essentially go back 30~ years in age and get to live another 72 years. These losses are inevitable.
Yes. I agree. Even if you don't outlive anyone, imagine having a spouse, children, and friends of the same age. You may die at the fixed age of 100, but you will see them age, while you stay the same. Your wife or husband is 50-60, and you still look 28. Even if you're unaffected by this situation, she/he will. So it's important to not just think of yourself when selecting the red pill.

Yeah, these aren't very balanced, and the red pill clearly is the better choice.

If you think about it, taking the blue pill is a huge risk when you can just take the red one and be guaranteed to live the max amount of years possible, 100% immune to everything. You could take the blue pill, and then immediately get a brain aneurysm or some shit, you never know. And knowledge is nothing if you don't understand that knowledge. I'm a gambler at heart, but I know a bad bet when I see one.

It's ironic that the "smart pill", is the dumb choice.
Let's assume your brain won't explode from blue pill--additional magic. lol.

I should point out that knowledge literally means understanding. So you WILL understand the subjects you choose. Pill won't just give you information you won't comprehend! Everything you choose to learn aside from those subjects, however, will be a matter of understanding on your own.

But I do agree that blue pill is the riskier, more uncertain choice. Red pill is straight-forward.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
you will live way beyond the human average age (You won't even look old!), so you can plan and do whatever you want for a very, very long time..
I'm just a dick so I want everyone on TYM to take the red pill so they watch everyone around them that they love die. How many lovers will you fall in love with and watch them die before you become depressed and regretful for not choosing the blue pill. You'll be seen as a freak and constantly tested by scientists like a lab rat. If you're lucky enough not to land in that situation then you can do the same stuff everyday at a job of your choosing - I have about 100 years of life in total without the pill, in any of them I HIGHLY doubt I'll want to be a fisherman and that's not changing with any amount of life. You'd get bored with the red pill. And depressed. Probably, I don't know, I'm just talking out my ass again haha xD