What's new

Your pre-game prep !!

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Do any of you players (besides casual matches, obviously) have any type of pre-game idiosyncrasies?
Wear a turned inside-out lucky sock? A Favorite meal? Only drink water two hours prior?
I especially am curious about the offline players before a tournament. I always wondered what you guys did to calm your nerves or maybe perform better.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Do any of you players (besides casual matches, obviously) have any type of pre-game idiosyncrasies?
Wear a turned inside-out lucky sock? A Favorite meal? Only drink water two hours prior?
I especially am curious about the offline players before a tournament. I always wondered what you guys did to calm your nerves or maybe perform better.
Smoke a cigarette during the matches :). Drinking water helps also too. When i was at SVB, for the final 8 i drank a redbull to buff up myself. Really helped me back then. Sometimes i even took deep breaths to keep myself calm and concertrated before an important match.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
well apart from playing as much as humanly possible leading up the event...

i always make a list of what people i know will be there and what chars i know they play,
ill also make a second list with any chars not on the 1st list to decide what actions i take if they do pop up, mileena? or baraka?
i review the frame data thread off every char on the 1st list,to keep it fresh in my mind

i have two things that i do for when meeting for the casuals that i also do the day of the tourny, wear my camo fishermans hat and get a chicken burrito in taco taco,a mexcian food place near where the tournies are held, i dont think of these as i must do them but doing it on a tourny day calms me down a bit as if it was just a normal casuals i was going too

i smoke alot of cigs tourny day also

i still get nervous as fuck when i sit down to play

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Kind of stretch my wrist and fingers before I play. I like my hands to feel loosened up. It makes me feel professional. I'm also going to start keeping a pair of sunglasses nearby if I need to lock someone in the Cage

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You mean am I superstitious? lol Not really, but lately I have been more lol. That baseball "must wear my hat or that hat a certain way"

But other then that, no. To prepare, I tend to squeeze power putty or if I'm waiting to play for two things. A. it deals with my nerves and B. strengthens my fingers after playing a while lol I recommend you all get some.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
The same thing Andrew said, I want the people around me to get as hype as possible.

Also I make sure that I have eaten before the tournament starts

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
I put my shades on and then I yell "JOHNNNNNY CAAAAAAAAGEEEEE!!!"

Then I'm usually good for a match or two....

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
im not a tournament player, but sometimes i hum or beat a good song. one that hypes you up, gets you angry and pumped, you know? or i yell "GET HYPE" at the TV. only if im alone thou lol

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Let's see... what did I do before my first offline tourney...

um, played a few casuals, watched a few casuals, got hungry and stayed hungry (didn't know about the stuff across the street until after lol), took a piss, then lost twice.

lmfao

so obviously, I need a new strategy. ;)

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
At home: have a pre-routine cigarette, make a pot of coffee, and sit in Training Mode for about half an hour with my collective fighters. Then it's off to the mercy and horror of online.

At tournaments: Pre-match cigarette, and a long prayer to the people upstairs who love me.

Spletty

Grandmaster
I usually cry, sweat, vomit, cry more, and then shake throughout the match.

This routine usually gets me through it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
:)

Oh what I was talking about earlier guys, it's great for your hands and especially if you have sore hands from playing too much. Good for taking out your stress and working out your hands, fingers etc.