What's new

Your MK11 Main(s) So Far?

Skedar70

Noob
Not even sure if I'm gonna get the game. Nothing about it has gotten me hype at all. I don't like the new fatal blow system. I think it will become boring after a while since we are going to be seeing them so often. None of the characters revealed so far have grabbed my attention. If forced to play the game I would probably main Shao Khan at this point.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
Sub-Zero and D'Vorah

Always been a Subby stan and D'Vorah is flat out the most unique design NRS has ever done. Need Subby for a more defensive style and always liked to turn my brain off with Dvoh.

Hope she stays aggressive the roster so far looks largely footsie/defense based.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Still too early for me to call coming from a Mileena main so I'm holding out for more reveals. Soft confirms included, I'm leaning towards Frost if she's in as well as Jacqui. Any new characters, or Sareena could change all that though.

Last edited:
I'm most interested in Baraka. He hits hard and has some good footsie tools, and overall just seems real brutal.

SZ too, since it looks like he has good normals this time around.

Not particularly thrilled by the cast so far. But out of the characters we know, I'd probably rank them:

D'Vorah
Shao Khan
Erron Black
Baraka
Kabal

Will have to actually play them first of course. Noob, Havik, Reptile, Goro/Kintaro, Ermac, Sektor, Quan Chi and Tremor would all be in my list. Unfortunately most of them are out, but what can you do.

Last edited:

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Well, we know Kotal is in the game, so he's gonna be my main. Just gonna hope they do right by my boy and make him as powerful as an emperor should be!

I'm thinking about Scorpion as a secondary. Those chain whip moves look rad as hell, and with some of the roster looking pretty zoner intensive, it might not be the worst thing to have a secondary that can teleport.

Want to see what they do with Jacquie, if only to spite everyone saying she's a waste of a slot.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
1. Geras
2. Possibly Another Grappler (Kotal? Shao? Kano?)

Geras has all the tools he needs to be an absolute monster in MK11 even in his base variation and no additional moves. It might be early to say, but IMO he's the most well thought out grappler NRS has ever made playstyle-wise.

With the emphasis on footsies and the lack of just flat out dumb stuff in this game, I will 100% be a nightmare with Geras' kit. I'm really hoping his frame data stays relatively the same from the demo-build.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
Scorpion. He looks like the coolest character, his playstyle and moves looks absolutely amazing. Love the effect when you can see his skeleton with fire around it. I played with him at the London event and he played awesome.

NkdSingularity

Truth and Ugly
Jade most likely, honourable mentions to Baraka and Raiden.

All the characters we've seen gameplay of so far look sick to be honest.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Scorpion. He looks like the coolest character, his playstyle and moves looks absolutely amazing. Love the effect when you can see his skeleton with fire around it. I played with him at the London event and he played awesome.
he really is, flashy badass..

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
Jade hands down right now. I've been loving staff characters recently for whatever reason. That'll def change if Mileena is revealed ( I doubt). Waiting to see other characters but Jade is gonna be who I'm gonna use first

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Jade
Skarlet
Kabal
Baraka
Geras
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Shao Kahn

I got some work to do.

Histrionik

Wake-Up Rolls, bitch.
I’d like to say Jade, but it’s so hard to make a definite pick without playing the game.

Obviously, Mileena and Cyrax are my usual mains, but no confirmation of either yet. I liked Jade quite a bit in 9, but I also loved Juri in SFIV and absolutely hate her is SFV, so nothings really guaranteed.

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
another one for the skarlet/d'vorah train here (and very likely cassie too)

Kabal/Sonya/Jade/Sub/Baraka all interest me to varying degrees but I'm gonna need to actually spend time playing them before I make any real decisions on them. There's also a couple more characters on the achievement leak list that i'm beyond stoked for, but i'll leave them out in case anyone's avoiding spoilers.