What's new

Your favorite N64 Games

Tim Static said:
MastaDev said:
haha y didn't u like the 2nd one....all the awesome weapons....i didn't know they were making a new one..
The new weapons and the ideas for #2 were great, it just played like shit. lol

Are you on XBL? There are a couple videos for the new Turok for 360 & PS3. It looks great and sounds great, but like all the Turoks after #1, I'm still nervous lol
The first Turok was the only one I really liked also. However, this new Turok coming out looks very promising. I'm not getting my hopes up though, just in case. :)

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Tim Static said:
N64 > PSX a million times over. The PSX is the most overrated gameing system ever. They had more games, but 96% were garbage. Spice Girls the game? Hello?

Amen...Sony period is the most overrated console company ever MADE! 8)

And the sony people talk shit about "nintendo and Xbox games" right...

Grue

Noob
I personally believe that the PSX console is ok. It'd mostly be the newer consoles and games coming out which are overrated. :wink:

dreemernj

Ambassador
Tim Static said:
MastaDev said:
get off psx tim....it owned n64 by far...
I'm def not wanting to start an arguement, but what makes you say that?

Popularity dosnt mean quality....

I was workig at Best Buy as the Media Asst. Supervisor during the time of the release of the N64 & PSX., as well as the next couple years after that.

The PSX def had more titles to choose from, but seriously, how many of those games, against the number of games released were seriously classics? How many magazines and web sites did PSX games win awards and such for? Hardly any. I'm not toally anti-PSX, hell, I own a PS3 and a PSP which I use more than any of my other consoles, but there are not that many PSX games that have stood the stand of time like alot of the better N64 titles, like Mario 64 & Zelda OoT. The N64 did have alot fewer games, mostly due to the higher cost to produce cartridges, and overall, the N64 had better games.

And your friendly reply is.... :wink:

Maybe this should be a thread unto itself...

LoL, yes you did want to start an argument. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted a PSX is trash message when it had nothing to do with the thread. You went out of your way to start something. And you did it with off-base fanboy talk.

N64 fanboys always forget things like Superman 64.

Tim Static

Adminerator
dreemernj said:
Tim Static said:
MastaDev said:

I was workig at Best Buy as the Media Asst. Supervisor during the time of the release of the N64 & PSX., as well as the next couple years after that.

The PSX def had more titles to choose from, but seriously, how many of those games, against the number of games released were seriously classics? How many magazines and web sites did PSX games win awards and such for? Hardly any. I'm not toally anti-PSX, hell, I own a PS3 and a PSP which I use more than any of my other consoles, but there are not that many PSX games that have stood the stand of time like alot of the better N64 titles, like Mario 64 & Zelda OoT. The N64 did have alot fewer games, mostly due to the higher cost to produce cartridges, and overall, the N64 had better games.

LoL, yes you did want to start an argument. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted a PSX is trash message when it had nothing to do with the thread. You went out of your way to start something. And you did it with off-base fanboy talk.

A friendly debate yes, not an heated arguement. I love talking games stuff like this. Having tried to sell more N64's was a goal of mine at work because of what I thought.

I dont think the PSX is thrash, I just have my reasons of why I think its overrated though.

And yes the worst game ever was a N64 game :cry: I remember getting that game in and thinking, "oh sweet, a Superman game. I cannot wait to play this!"

Oh dear did that game suck so bad. :oops:

Mario

Noob
Tim Static said:
dreemernj said:
Tim Static said:
MastaDev said:

A friendly debate yes, not an heated arguement. I love talking games stuff like this. Having tried to sell more N64's was a goal of mine at work because of what I thought.

I dont think the PSX is thrash, I just have my reasons of why I think its overrated though.

And yes the worst game ever was a N64 game :cry: I remember getting that game in and thinking, "oh sweet, a Superman game. I cannot wait to play this!"

Oh dear did that game suck so bad. :oops:
Actually, the worse game of that generation was on PSX. It was relatively famous for the time for scoring a big ZERO in Game Players. It was a futuristic racing game where collision detection was not programmed in -- making it barely playable. The title's name escapes me right now.

dreemernj

Ambassador
Every console had equally heinous games. I am not sure what PSX title you mean but I am sure it was terrible. N64 had Superman, that hampster one, and a handful of the worst racers ever, and Saturn had Battle Arena Toshinden: URA and Battle Monsters.

Every console has it's highs and lows.

MKF30

Yeah, every system has their ups and downs. Good games and bad ones as well as the console themselves.

As a huge DC guy I can tell you guys factually that there's yet to be a good Superman game...on any console, nintendo or otherwise.

Justice League Heroes though is a very good game, but it's not just Superman. The JL is in there.

MKF30

Even better, I was thinking the other day man.

How about a DC vs. Marvel fighting game? How sick would that be?

Supes vs. Hulk=awesome