What's new

Your Best/Most Exciting Injustice Experiences So Far

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
So we're just under two months since Injustice's release. It feels like it's been forever already, but the game is still fresh and still evolving at a rapid clip. There are a lot of talented players playing the game, the community feels "bigger" and deeper than it was before, and I've had opportunities to play against a lot of great players.

So I wanted to pose the question to everyone: what are your most enjoyable I:GAU experiences so far? The ones that might not have happened in any other game? The moments of pure craziness or improbable trait-aided comebacks? Or the ends of matches that left you laughing in amazement, salt, or disbelief.

What's been memorable on a positive note for you in these first two months?

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I was playing as Bane against a Scorpion yesterday and the guy popped teleport on me right as I hit Super. I was like...

"ah shit! He's gonna come up behind Bane and blow me up! I'm out 4 bars ;_;"

...but then BANE AUTO CORRECTED MID ANIMATION AND BROKE HIM!
I was hype as hell cheering when that happened! Had no idea he could mid grab animation instantly autocorrect and turn around like that on teleports.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I was playing as Bane against a Scorpion yesterday and the guy popped teleport on me right as I hit Super. I was like...

"ah shit! He's gonna come up behind Bane and blow me up! I'm out 4 bars ;_;"

...but then BANE AUTO CORRECTED MID ANIMATION AND BROKE HIM!
I was hype as hell cheering when that happened! Had no idea he could mid grab animation instantly autocorrect and turn around like that on teleports.
Haha man, those moments where a super and attack meet (especially with low health) and you aren't sure which one is going to win are some of my favorites. There's nothing like stuffing a super out as the last hit of the match.

I have had some really close calls against Batgirl's super, and also the really quick ones like superman. Also barely jumping Nightwing and Deathstroke's supers (sometimes by accident or reflex).

Also, I love those last-minute clashes that bring you back from the brink of death to mount a heroic comeback. You know it's your last chance, you have little or no meter, and every hit counts.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Haha man, those moments where a super and attack meet (especially with low health) and you aren't sure which one is going to win are some of my favorites. There's nothing like stuffing a super out as the last hit of the match.

Also, I love those last-minute clashes that bring you back from the brink of death to mount a heroic comeback. You know it's your last chance, you have little or no meter, and every hit counts.
Something else that was sweet yesterday vs Scorpion...one hit his super and I forward dashed. IT WHIFFED. :D
I wasn't sure it'd work, but by GOD it did. To avoid the port kick forward dash with any decent dasher and you will outrun the kick and have a chance to blow it up.

Aside from this my other hypest moment was simply an entire set I ran with a dude last week doing Batgirl Mirror Matches. I can't even describe it, but the pressure from both of us NEVER stopped during any match and it was back and forth down to the magic pixel of health every set. Get ready for those once she's allowed in tourney, because they are intense!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I had a match last night against a very annoying Flash which went down to very low health for both players. He would not stay off me, I was fighting tooth and nail, I was probably on my last few % and had barely managed to get out of the corner on a read.. He went for a sweep or something, and I last-second MB b3'ed him into the stage transition on Wayne Manor for the win.

Then I saw "Your opponent has left the match".

That was incredibly satisfying :D

Geoduck

Halfasser
Grundy mirrors are hands down the most exciting and enjoyable matches I've had playing this game so far. There in par with Captain Falcon mirrors because of how manly and awesome they can be. Not to mention the clash dialogue is laugh out loud hilarious.

rurounikenshin

biggest cyborg upplayer
It happened yesterday, I was playing with a friend and my DD DB2 clashed with his GA J3 and we got a tie, then the match was extended, we didn´t even know what was going on as we had never seen that before, so I got so hype I entered into a "Mad beast of rushdown doomsday mode" and wiped the floor with him without him even touching me, that was really hype.

chores

bad at things
things that feel good in this game:

punishing DD's supernova w/ a mb b3
really just in general absorbing a hit and connecting MB B3/F3
stuffing gl's LM on wakeup
neutral/back jump punishing KF slide
stuffing someone interactable attempt
hitting a level transition when you are just at the border range and uncertain if it will send them

things that feel bad:

getting caught by a naked LM
getting wakeup baited
dstroke guessing right when you jump
supermans air eye laser MB when you jump to avoid
sitting through grundys 45 minute trait grab

When i finally beat UnsilentAlarm's Lex Luthor with Harley for the first time. That guy's Lex is beast big props to him, it took me a generous helping of losses to win one.

Any comeback when your opponent has <50% hp and a clash left and you catch him with unclashable combo into super ftw is hype as shit too.