What's new

YOMI DJT Wins Mortal Kombat X at CEO 2015!

Belial

Noob
The game that started like something interesting deteriorated into Injustice. Looking at that spam of same blockstrings over and over again throughout the tournament is just sad. Its not just Tanya, if you look at dominant chars its all about spamming: Kung Lao, Lui Kang, D'Vorah, Shinnok etc other chars may have tools but its just not that effective. I dont know who may have found that hype.

In my opinion that is the result of reckless uncalled for buffs and lack of nerfs where it was needed, and of course DLC always come unbalanced. But well, lets wait till EVO and see if Top 8 can have more than 8 Tanyas...

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I really think the block breaker will get buffed soon, they should at least. They're useless right now when they're needed the most. Get rid of the breaker stamina penalty and make block breakers cost less, imo.

Tournament as a whole was amazing. Top 8 was garbage. Grand Finals felt like...meh. I like both the Terry brothers though.

DJT and MIT need some new fucking clothes though. MIT has been wearing that shirt and shorts for about 5 tournaments now..same with DJT. At least now they can afford some new threads.

Tournament as a whole was amazing. Top 8 was garbage. Grand Finals felt like...meh. I like both the Terry brothers though.

DJT and MIT need some new fucking clothes though. MIT has been wearing that shirt and shorts for about 5 tournaments now..same with DJT. At least now they can afford some new threads.
Lol what?

Michelangelo needs some mew tattoos he's had the same ones for so long. SONICFOX needs a new hat.

Lol what?

Michelangelo needs some mew tattoos he's had the same ones for so long. SONICFOX needs a new hat.
You've never noticed? LOL.

Go back to the most recent tournies and MIT is always wearing that orange looking shirt and shorts and DJT is always wearing that grey Yomi t-shirt. It's funny it's like their uniforms.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
Honestly, I really think @YOMI DJT is the player to beat right now in MKX. Not only has he been consistent, he's beating top players and making it look almost extremely convincing at some points.

But, I wonder when we'll see the GGA guys back in action. They weren't at this tournament were they?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Honestly, I really think @YOMI DJT is the player to beat right now in MKX. Not only has he been consistent, he's beating top players and making it look almost extremely convincing at some points.

But, I wonder when we'll see the GGA guys back in action. They weren't at this tournament were they?
Nikolass made it out of pools and Dizzy was beaten in pools.

Pimpimjim cant compete at tourney's with NRS pot bonuses and neither can 16 bit, although 16 bit seems to have recused himself from competing entirely :(

RM_NINfan101

Nikolass made it out of pools and Dizzy was beaten in pools.

Pimpimjim cant compete at tourney's with NRS pot bonuses and neither can 16 bit, although 16 bit seems to have recused himself from competing entirely :(
Dizzy got beat in pools? Holy f-- Okay yeah don't nerf Raiden anymore.

RM_NINfan101

Who did Dizzy lose to in pools? I gotta know. I actually did see Nikolass but figured Dizzy never showed up or something. Damn... Is Raiden even top anymore?

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
hi everyone, this is my first time doing this! i figured this tournament deserved a long writeup since it's the biggest MKX tourney yet and had a lot of upsets and big storylines. would definitely appreciate any constructive criticisms!
This was the most godlike write up I've seen!

RM_NINfan101

Xenomorph and Yung Bacon.

Also Digit still did fine with him. He is definitely top 10 still.
Makes sense, both of those players have a good rep, Yung Bacon making Top 16.

Digit is another player I cannot wait to see more of.