What's new

Yeah, still not feeling this Krypt chief.

Gamer68

Fujin!
You don’t lose the items - you only lose the money you spent for the forge attempt.

But yeah, pretty dumb so far.

Plus... why can’t I look at my Forge Recipes........ at the Forge?! I have to exit the who damn game and go to my kollection screen to look at a recipe? Who thought that was a good idea???
Really? I saw multiple people say that you lose your crafting materials if you mess up the recipe. Was it patched or were these people mistaken?

fireborg

Noob
its not about the tower difficulty at all, its about not getting rewards (gear / skins ) after matches (online offline u name it )

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
If the game is so fair and balanced and perfect, why are you here having to defend it?... And why aren't you grinding the few firing synapses you left into mulch, playing it??

Hmm... Really makes you think :rolleyes:

The Krypt is a scam, mate. You could have 9,999,999 (trust me -- I've had that much, and multiple times!) and still not get a third of the game's content after 50 hours of scouring the place and giving up koin to the Shrine... because of DIMINISHING RETURNS.
You seem to not be understanding how the Krypt works. You can't buy all the skins, they explained this on Kombat Kast. You get a chance to buy your pick of 3 every 7-24 hours.
Mainly those will be exclusive skins in the store.

The Krypt isn't RNG, it's not rigged. You don't have a percentage to get that skin you want. Those koin chests contain the same items for everyone they are just in different locations for every player. On top of it you have to reload them to get all extra content.

The Shao Khan Chests and Hellfire chests are the same for everyone in the same exact locations and they cost 100-250 hearts they contain every premium skin in the game.

Oh yeah, my other problem with The Krypt besides the Soul Fragments grind.

The Forge. It's just so bad. They recipes they give you aren't even finished and if you guess the last ingredient wrong, you get nothing and lose your items. I've looked up recipe lists and people have barely found anything because they don't want to waste their items. I personally haven't attempted to craft a single thing because of the lack of information and cost to use it.

It's easily the most useless thing in The Krypt right now, but maybe that will change when we have more info.
Game explains it poorly, but it's 'cause you need 2 recipe parts for the complete recipe.

fireborg

Noob
ok they gave out compensation . but still a tip a whole tower consumable slot can boost your rewards significantly

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
The Krypt and the variation system is cleary designed to spent 100+ hours with this game and have a reason to come back to even months or years after its initial release. Yet people want everything unlocked day one.
I think this is the problem for some. They wanted to unlock the stuff in a couple of weeks, then either go ranked matches only, or move to something else.
Frankly, if the 'more soul crystals in respawned chests' thing is legit, my only beef is the ToT difficulty.
Ironically, I love the fact that I can almost completely ignore competitive online to earn gear and skins.

The coin chests... I’ve opened all of them already except the last area (which I still need the key for)
Out of curiosity. What percentage of skins for every character have you unlocked? In general, did you unlock around a quarter of skins in the game?
Trying to understand if chest refills are necessary to unlock it all.

Out of curiosity. What percentage of skins for every character have you unlocked? In general, did you unlock around a quarter of skins in the game?
Trying to understand if chest refills are necessary to unlock it all.
I unlocked all chests, too. I refilled 100 chests and got many skins out of them.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
That's what I experienced. I got like 200-300 soul fragments, 250 time crystals, 50 hearts, 300.000 Koins, Brutalities, Skins, etc. Really cool shit.
That was not my experience at all. Last night after you said this, I spent the 100,000 max to unlock 50 chests, ran around and opened them all, and got nothing but Krypt forge items, tower consumables, and concept art. I was pretty annoyed.

MioTenacious

"There is fear in your heart"
tbh it's not that bad man, i enjoy playing the Krypt it looks so beutiful it has a lot of content like secrets and stuff, you can see the old classic stages there fully reworked and at the end of the day MKX and the previous MK games never had such a big variety of skins (even if the most of them are just color palettes) we still have all these masks and cool gear for each character so i don't really mind just playing the game and then getting to the krypt to unlock stuff.

Syd Barrett Lives

Italian Psychopath
The Krypt and the variation system is cleary designed to spent 100+ hours with this game and have a reason to come back to even months or years after its initial release. Yet people want everything unlocked day one.

Yeah, some people would like to maybe play the game online or whatever while unlocking cool stuff on the side as it's always been with MK, not watch an AI grind insanely irritating towers for hours to get a random skin because it's too boring to actually play them.

Can you blame them?

virtiqaL

Noob
I literally have no complaints about this game as of now.

It's awesome, Krypt included. Sure, you might not get what you want right away, but I'd rather have unlockables to look forward to over time rather than simply having it all unlocked quickly or instantly, gives more incentive to continue playing the single player modes and boosts replayability in a way.

And, it's not as if you aren't getting something when you open chests, maybe its not for the character you want, oh well, use what you get for your AI characters which you can then use for AI battles/ToT to unlock more stuff.

This game is supposed to last years, so I understand the purpose of a time/grind barrier to unlocking items in this game.

Exploring the Krypt really makes me appreciate how much work went into this game, there's enough depth to the Krypt that they could've shipped the game without a story mode and I wouldn't have noticed. NRS really goes all out with everything from content, presentation, and gameplay. Think they have a classic with this one.

E

Eldriken

That was not my experience at all. Last night after you said this, I spent the 100,000 max to unlock 50 chests, ran around and opened them all, and got nothing but Krypt forge items, tower consumables, and concept art. I was pretty annoyed.
Same.

Seems like a load of horseshit if you ask me. There's no way. That would completely negate having to open every chest that isn't a Heart/Soul chest.

So, yeah, I'm calling BS on that claim, especially after spending 300k to respawn chests that gave mainly konsumables.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Same.

Seems like a load of horseshit if you ask me. There's no way. That would completely negate having to open every chest that isn't a Heart/Soul chest.

So, yeah, I'm calling BS on that claim, especially after spending 300k to respawn chests that gave mainly konsumables.
My thoughts exactly. I’m not sure how it would reroll chests and put more skins in, when the devs said nothing was randomized and all of the chest loot is hand-made.

Same.

Maybe I just got extremely lucky? I feel like I#ve had only crap inside the chests before the restock.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
Yeah, some people would like to maybe play the game online or whatever while unlocking cool stuff on the side as it's always been with MK, not watch an AI grind insanely irritating towers for hours to get a random skin because it's too boring to actually play them.

Can you blame them?
Yeah, no. Fuck me, I guess.

I'd rather take the time to enjoy fighting people online and practicing some combos rather than fight tower of terror and going to "open pack of trading cards, the game mode" and pray I don't get icons or konsumables out the ass.

Sorry, one variation of skin, recolor that looks really nice. You'll have to get fucked until I hopefully open happy loot box that just so happens to contain a cosmetic for that so specific character.

I really fucking hate this system and what NRS is doing. But that's me.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
It’s not perfect, but it is damn good. You’ll find plenty of posts containing current complaints. But nothing like the garbage you spew.

What happened to your previous TYM account anyway? Banned?
Omg I could tell exactly whose hidey that was the second I started reading the pretentious horseshit he was spewing lolol.

Corruption100

Plus Frame Enjoyer
I feel like if they made souls easier to get there wouldnt be much problems with krypt. you should also get some cosmetics through online play, just make the drops more rare than krypt. Then I think things would be perfect because everyone would have an option

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I like the krypt and walking around through an HD version of Shang's island is cool and all but I wish there was a bit more to it. Like more easter eggs or Shang commentary. Felt like the perfect place to include more NPCs from MKs history.