What's new

yay! My first major <3

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Still feels weird to say. Not a big deal for seasoned vets but it was a lot to get there and it almost didn't happen...

My clan co-leader and bf RL Hanzo @IICassiel totaled his car Monday and bought a new one. Great!

But...we live in Buffalo, NY and along with the continuous onslaught of snow and negative temperatures he was feeling like shit all week. I do not have a NY license yet (getting my own car first) so if he could not take me there would be no WB just like the other events we tried to attend but it was ALWAYS SOMETHING that came up. He knew I really needed to go to WB for my own fulfillment and some personal issues as well.

My point is to say that this amazing weekend almost never was...This is a point to make about my shoutouts to the positives that helped make it happen. My bf who has been there for me through everything in the fgc drove me 16 hours round trip in shitty weather to get me to WB. My MVP <3

Also, Hanzo and I were about to leave Saturday night when RM MorbidHoagie insisted we crash with him and 8Bit Zombie, Kammi and a few others. We did not want to impose but they insisted we stay. On top of that, we had no qualms about crashing out on the floor with our coats and bags but Morbid came over and fluffed a blanket out so we could stay warm and laid it upon us. I turned my head away from everyone because I do not like public emotion but a tear had formed in the corner of my eye they would not dare see. I was overcome by the generosity by them and in contrast to everything that had been said to/about me by haters in the fgc I nearly gave up on the community. Never knew such selfless individuals like him, Kammi, and Zombie still existed. We caught the hype bug now and will be back at another event hopefully sooner than later. The archives from my matches should be posted next week but this weekend was nothing short of surreal and amazing <3

- RL Stormy

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
A GIRL playing these games!? No no no... This calls for some uncalled Sexism! :DOGE @Shaazzyam

But in all seriousness it sounds like you had a great time and it's nice to hear about people who can make it to tournements unlike us folk here in Scotland :(

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
A GIRL playing these games!? No no no... This calls for some uncalled Sexism! :DOGE @Shaazzyam

But in all seriousness it sounds like you had a great time and it's nice to hear about people who can make it to tournements unlike us folk here in Scotland :(
Lol Yea I tried to do manuals and cr. med kick manual was the only one I could do in my state of nervousness lol

Also if there is no scene, make one : ) We have a Tekken and SF scene, but KI is scattered so we found this sweet venue to meet up and host casuals and invitationals.

Holy s*, 16 hours?? Dam. Buy your bf an expensive beer, he deserves it.

I actually saw your banana Orchid on stream, good stuff.
Lol thx man ! She normally gets the pink socks and headband too but I don't think they would like me stopping the show to go shopping :(

Scott The Scot

Also if there is no scene, make one : ) We have a Tekken and SF scene, but KI is scattered so we found this sweet venue to meet up and host casuals and invitationals.
Ugh, I wish I could make a scene. So far me and Youphemism are the only people really play. I've tried teaching my other friends how to play but they just don't get understand that it's about frame data and mind games. They just want to mash and jump even when I've told them it's a bad idea. Then they got bored. I guess they'll be no scene in Scotland... Hopefully that changes for MKX. :)

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Ugh, I wish I could make a scene. So far me and Youphemism are the only people really play. I've tried teaching my other friends how to play but they just don't get understand that it's about frame data and mind games. They just want to mash and jump even when I've told them it's a bad idea. Then they got bored. I guess they'll be no scene in Scotland... Hopefully that changes for MKX. :)
Damn..well MK might have a larger fan base I would think since they have continuously put out games over the years.

Scott The Scot

Damn..well MK might have a larger fan base I would think since they have continuously put out games over the years.
There's a few people who I don't really know yet (soon I will) who play SF - I'll have to try and convince them to play MK haha

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
If anybody is curious to see if I respond to that scrub who tagged me, know that I will not.

These filthy casuals fools who haven't even placed in tourney need to learn their place.

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Glad you enjoyed your first dude their awesome hope you didn't suffer nerves as bad as I did xD
Honestly I was caught off-guard because I was in pool D11 so it said 6pm and I was standing around at a little after 5 and dude shouts "WE NEED RL STORMY ON DECK FOR THEIR MATCH" . I was floored when I heard that :(

Oh and just when I finished my set the pool organizer comes over and says I was paired up with the wrong guy, I was supposed to fight GamerBlake, and he someone else. "ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?" I thought. My mind went blank Lol I just took the ass whoopin my mind was too scrambled by now. It is on me to get in as many casuals as possible before my matches though so no excuses here from me. I just can't wait to get back out there, people were great, good to see people in-person and finally find out what's good ;)

bettyswallaux

XBOXLive: BettySwallaux
Honestly I was caught off-guard because I was in pool D11 so it said 6pm and I was standing around at a little after 5 and dude shouts "WE NEED RL STORMY ON DECK FOR THEIR MATCH" . I was floored when I heard that :(

Oh and just when I finished my set the pool organizer comes over and says I was paired up with the wrong guy, I was supposed to fight GamerBlake, and he someone else. "ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?" I thought. My mind went blank Lol I just took the ass whoopin my mind was too scrambled by now. It is on me to get in as many casuals as possible before my matches though so no excuses here from me. I just can't wait to get back out there, people were great, good to see people in-person and finally find out what's good ;)
Well sorry to hear some things didn't go to plan, when I turned up at my first one all the setups were arcade cabinets and I had never used a stick in my life so I was like oh well I'm out first round but due to a mixture of mediocre players and I guess luck I actually managed to win the tourney lol. I'm glad you still had lots of fun though even though things went a bit off for u

Goldi

Noob
Hey, you! Good stuff, girly <3 I've been excited to watch you rock out offline! Did you enter Injustice? Your hawkgirl was infuriating the last time we played lol

Everyone's first time at a major is a little shakey, but it only gets smoother and more fun every time. Can't wait to cheer for you in MKX! :)

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
Hey, you! Good stuff, girly <3 I've been excited to watch you rock out offline! Did you enter Injustice? Your hawkgirl was infuriating the last time we played lol

Everyone's first time at a major is a little shakey, but it only gets smoother and more fun every time. Can't wait to cheer for you in MKX! :)
Hey there, I dropped IGAU over a year ago, and picked up KI in May. I main Orchid and competed in KI. But we will get out to a few more tournaments before EVO : )