What's new

Xtension MAME Cabinet

aj1701

Noob
Ya I was thinking of that too. Would love a classic arcade cab. to do MAME as well as PS3 / Wii.

CRKFIEND

Noob
Ya I was thinking of that too. Would love a classic arcade cab. to do MAME as well as PS3 / Wii.
I'll post pictures when it's all done! It should be arriving Thursday. I also got the Ps3 stick adapter so I can play the new NBA Jam\MK\SF4 games on it.

aj1701

Noob
I'll post pictures when it's all done! It should be arriving Thursday. I also got the Ps3 stick adapter so I can play the new NBA Jam\MK\SF4 games on it.
Will love to know how it all turns out! One thing I was hoping to figure out is if you have to use the xarcade stick of if it'd be possible to put your own together.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Very cool looking, but how exactly do you add your own controller? I'm assuming you can purchase them from the same company, or do you need to make/modify your own to fit?

CRKFIEND

Noob
Will love to know how it all turns out! One thing I was hoping to figure out is if you have to use the xarcade stick of if it'd be possible to put your own together.
Yeah, so far so good. I'm busy building all my roms. Currently my front end is operational with MAME/Sega genesis/NES/SNES. I'm just prepping for when everything arrives. I'm almost certain you could fit whatever stick you want in, as long as it maintains the same dimensions or similar to the tankstick\dual xarcade.

Also I've got the 22in monitor with HDMI/DVI/Serial ports. Hello, only MK9 arcade machine on the block!

I'm going to hold off on decaling the side for now. That might be a project for when I'm a rich man :)

CRKFIEND

Noob
It's all built. I have some work to be done to get everything working correctly. But it's all in place. Tomorrow I'm going to get the speakers for it. It's all ready for MK9 too :)

aj1701

Noob
It's all built. I have some work to be done to get everything working correctly. But it's all in place. Tomorrow I'm going to get the speakers for it. It's all ready for MK9 too :)
Nice! What kind of TV is in there? Is there room for a PC and some consoles?

I hate mame, too many good cabs ruined, mame isn't all that good, blah blah... But the amount of quality cabs, especially candy cabs I've seen destroyed to create mame machines is enough to make me hate it.

IMHO, get a kraylix (google it) for MK9 and cut your control panel. It's a wood taito vlx frame you can slap a 32inch LCD and go from there. Plus you won't have to deal with crap ass American sticks and buttons.

Or, get an actual cab and actual arcade boards (yes won't work for MK9 but that is the only true way to play on a real cab with real arcade parts)

Where I play my games....

CRKFIEND

Noob
Yes, all together the project ran me $820. I do like those Kraylix's but I wasn't about to spend 1100+ dollars for the arcade shell - Also I'm above 4 feet tall. I prefer american sticks to Japanese ones, because well... I've used them all my life. I may invest in some happ controls eventually. I personally like it with mame a lot.

I boot to a shell - choose my game and go. There is no slowdown or input delay... Plus this is in it...

http://youtu.be/C_LIZzTUigA