What's new

Strategy Xray dash cancel?

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
i'm sure a lot of you seen my first set vs pl at mlg. what do you guys think of that cancel i used? I just started using for like clutch situations to close out fights. i used it against lethal legend too at egp hotel when we did casuals. You guys think it is useful to use or worth a full bar when fight is close. just one want to discuss this old tech but the way i used it was new right? Wassup sub community?

H2O FARMER

Crazy 88 king
i'm sure a lot of you seen my first set vs pl at mlg. what do you guys think of that cancel i used? I just started using for like clutch situations to close out fights. i used it against lethal legend too at egp hotel when we did casuals. You guys think it is useful to use or worth a full bar when fight is close. just one want to discuss this old tech but the way i used it was new right? Wassup sub community?
If its gonna get you the match fuck yeah its useful.

I don't play sub but pl face after getting the Denzel tech was priceless also is good on situational moments.

dude I'm not even going to lie, that shit was the most hype thing I have seen in my goddamn life. The moment you cancelled that xray i fell out of catdamn my chair

I like the X-Ray cancel stuff, I've been using it for quite some time now also. I did it in the tag matches for Mortal Monday a while back, i do @ 8:53 of this vid.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Is this shit archived anywhere? I've always wondered about this cancel but never really used it because it is very situational. Of course it's great if it's going to get you the match.

Because of this, I'm not entirely certain how this works as I have never taken the time to learn it. What is the actually command to cancel it?

What is the actually command to cancel it?
Don't release the X-Ray then just dash forward or backwards. Sub has a really sick x-ray cancel combo I figured out a while back thats close to 60% but it only works in the corner and the timing is incredibly strict, don't even ask me what the combo was cuz I forgot the inputs and only got it twice.

Is this shit archived anywhere? I've always wondered about this cancel but never really used it because it is very situational. Of course it's great if it's going to get you the match.

Because of this, I'm not entirely certain how this works as I have never taken the time to learn it. What is the actually command to cancel it?
you hold down left and right trigger and dash cancel.

Denzell - the way you used it was INSANE. talk about resourceful. it's definitely situational, but at the same time, definitely useful. i've never canceled it into a grab like that before, just in combos.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
Don't release the X-Ray then just dash forward or backwards. Sub has a really sick x-ray cancel combo I figured out a while back thats close to 60% but it only works in the corner and the timing is incredibly strict, don't even ask me what the combo was cuz I forgot the inputs and only got it twice.
Thanks, for the clear explanation. I play custom stick so bloodsports explanation didn't make much sense. Your post has my mind a brewing, gonna take this shit into the lab....

Solid_S14

Burn Baby Burn
The way you used it was not new but heyy the xray cancel into grab is nice to end a match... Also you can just do xray and if people block sub will be safe and he can do an iceclone... Lot of players like to jump into the iceclone after xray faillure.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
The way you used it was not new but heyy the xray cancel into grab is nice to end a match... Also you can just do xray and if people block sub will be safe and he can do an iceclone... Lot of players like to jump into the iceclone after xray faillure.
LOL THIS.

TBH it won him the match,that's what counts.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
It was the best read of the day.

It was the only time you even did it the entire MLG sets yeah? I'd say that is about right.
I re-watch those matches and still have the same look on my face.

How do you slide and not get them blocked. I swear ....

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
it was awesome, it was hype... definitely a "Denzell special".

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
The chip wouldn't have killed PL. He would have had a slither of life left.

It wasn't cocky, it won him the game. And I don't think anybody in the community would have expected it.
To be fair I'm pretty sure Denzell launched PL with 212 freeze and could've finished it with (B1)2, 22xxX-ray before it, so he was showing off to a degree lol, but yeah, I don't care who you are, nobody would have read the cancel, not even Tom.

Hell, I'd like to hear his thoughts on this since he wasn't on commentary at the time. Probably for his own vocal well-being in all fairness xD

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I think that it's a great idea to use.

Also, if your opponent even has LESS health, you can use the x-ray charge animation to get them to start blocking, and then cancel out of it and go straight into a block string to get that chip damage.