What's new

General/Other - Kitana XL Kitana General Discussion

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Lol loosing to kotal as an assassin player means you lost to yourself, kotal cant abuse the long normals because you can use your parry in the neutral, I wanted to smash my screen when I saw KP loosing to Blood god, he did so many mistakes.
Using parry is a READ. The risk reward is NOT in her favor

Skedar70

Noob
But for crossups?! She always go to the contraty side the oponent is crossing me.
For crossups use ex rising blades but don't throw the command when they jump because the rising blades will go to the contrary side as you mentioned. You have to wait until they are on the other side and input the command on the opposite direction, they will probably hit you but you have armor and you combo so the trade is very much in your favor.
Lol loosing to kotal as an assassin player means you lost to yourself, kotal cant abuse the long normals because you can use your parry in the neutral, I wanted to smash my screen when I saw KP loosing to Blood god, he did so many mistakes.
On the kotal match up I think Kotals forward advancing mids are too fast to react and the startup on parry is too slow to activate in time. Also parry won't work on jump ins and kotal has the best one in the game.

Kotal Khan is actually one of my favorite mus. I don't fear him at all
I got this as a Kitana Assassin winning matchup across all the variations, as for now since KP2 I can say Assassin beats Kotal, Cyrax (badly), Borracho, Outlaw Erron, Bojitsu Cum Jim, Jason, Kano (cutthroat), Lao (hat trick and tempest), I have improved in matchups she used to loose like Quan, Jax and Cage, I still feel that she looses to DF Liu, HQT Predator and LameMaster Sub. Any tips in this 3 matches? (all the above mentioned matches have been played extensively).

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I got this as a Kitana Assassin winning matchup across all the variations, as for now since KP2 I can say Assassin beats Kotal, Cyrax (badly), Borracho, Outlaw Erron, Bojitsu Cum Jim, Jason, Kano (cutthroat), Lao (hat trick and tempest), I have improved in matchups she used to loose like Quan, Jax and Cage, I still feel that she looses to DF Liu, HQT Predator and LameMaster Sub. Any tips in this 3 matches? (all the above mentioned matches have been played extensively).
Never thought she lost your Kang. I use RS in that match just so I can anti zone. He doesn't really have a choice but to come in, especially if he's down on the life lead.

I use Mournful against GM.

Predator is just a big wtf lol. I don't even use Kitana against him anymore

Never thought she lost your Kang. I use RS in that match just so I can anti zone. He doesn't really have a choice but to come in, especially if he's down on the life lead.

I use Mournful against GM.

Predator is just a big wtf lol. I don't even use Kitana against him anymore
I dont like Morneful its just too crappy for me, I only play Assassin, Im so used to her amazing run, but yes I think RS could do good vs Liu, what do you use for Predator I need to improve in this MU, I use Cybersub and do good.

xKhaoTik

I dont like Morneful its just too crappy for me, I only play Assassin, Im so used to her amazing run, but yes I think RS could do good vs Liu, what do you use for Predator I need to improve in this MU, I use Cybersub and do good.
I use mileena against predator.

Sulfur

Winning feels better when you take a little damage
Are there any characters in the game that ruin all variations of kitana?

To me it seems like Royal Storm and Assassin are both viable in different circumstances, but I'm wondering if there's any characters that can beat both royal storm and assassin rather easily.

To me it seems like Royal Storm and Assassin are both viable in different circumstances, but I'm wondering if there's any characters that can beat both royal storm and assassin rather easily.
HQT, A-List, Mileena

HQT, beaths kitana in general, LameMaster Sub beats Assassin and RS, Mileena piercing beats RS, Assassin can parry in the neutral to stop the b1 b12 in mid range, A-List could be, Iv played a very good A-List and we go back and forth. DF Liu beats Assassin bad, but RS seems to do fine, Im biased with Jax Kitana does very good in mid screen, but bad at the corner, I still have it as a 5/5 but I wouldnt mind if people tell me Assassin looses to Jax.

xKhaoTik

I don't even use Kitana against predator anymore.

GM sub is dumb too. Mournful is my best option.

A-List and Mileena aren't bad imo. I can use either variation and win

Espio

Kokomo
I dunno what I'm supposed to really do versus HQT since pretty much everyone I main struggles really hard against him.

Mileena isn't what I'd call a huge issue in general, very competitive match up. A-List and Stunt Double both beat Assassin and Royal Storm, but I don't think it's terribly so.

Grandmaster Sub-Zero is just beyond aggravating, I just use Goro on him at this point, it's just not fun lol.

Rozalin1780

Good? Bad? I'm the one with the fans
How is everyone dealing with pressure these days? Since coming back to the game, I've noticed a couple of characters who have incredible pressure that didn't before.

Is her only options really d3 or armor?

Also, since we're talking pressure, what is the best way to keep pressure on when necessary? 21 and b12 are the only + strings she has, right? What do you normally follow up with?

I play Kitana (royal storm) and I cannot seem to be able to play good against liu kang, I mean I can sometimes (1 out of 5 times) block his mixup combos since combined with his 50/50's pretty much takes 1 wrong guess and it's over or at least you eat another 40% combo. Also I have managed to block his combo string that ends with his bicycle kick but I have no idea how to punish it? What can I punish liu kang after a blocked bycicle kick? I mean 50/50's to me are bad enough, but like kitana she has like no mixup really or 50/50's right?

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
I play Kitana (royal storm) and I cannot seem to be able to play good against liu kang, I mean I can sometimes (1 out of 5 times) block his mixup combos since combined with his 50/50's pretty much takes 1 wrong guess and it's over or at least you eat another 40% combo. Also I have managed to block his combo string that ends with his bicycle kick but I have no idea how to punish it? What can I punish liu kang after a blocked bycicle kick? I mean 50/50's to me are bad enough, but like kitana she has like no mixup really or 50/50's right?
I dont play RS but cant you outzone him?

I dont play RS but cant you outzone him?
That would be the only way I believe you have a chance of winning. But thing is many characters that aren't zoners have great pressure,mixups,etc. to deal with zoners, on the other hand kitana zones well but I'm starting to believe she's kinda weak in the rest of the areas, now I'm not good in any way and pretty new to mk since I retired 20 years ago from arcades Lol so I might be wrong about what I think of her. How about you? Are you good at blocking fast ass mixups?

Mr.EditUndo

Meterburn the Meterburn
That would be the only way I believe you have a chance of winning. But thing is many characters that aren't zoners have great pressure,mixups,etc. to deal with zoners, on the other hand kitana zones well but I'm starting to believe she's kinda weak in the rest of the areas, now I'm not good in any way and pretty new to mk since I retired 20 years ago from arcades Lol so I might be wrong about what I think of her. How about you? Are you good at blocking fast ass mixups?
good at blocking fast ass mixups ...god no! I think theres a post about defense right now but IMO this game isnt about defense , with Hard to blockables,psuedo blockables,50/50's, and command grabs ... and if you defend against all that and say your fighting kang, well guess what ? its still not your turn ,so try it again.

I can do decent on the weekends ,but when I come home from work and play I guess my reaction times are slower and ill eat combos

I guess im suppose to say she dosent need good mix ups because of her zoning ,but there are a lot of better zones with mix ups.

but as an assassin v kang .zoneing is pretty much off the table, its more of a game of footsies

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
You must not know about Kotal's d4 then...

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
Kotal Khan is actually one of my favorite mus. I don't fear him at all
Tips for the MU? I get that my goal is to keep him away from me at all costs, especially against Sun God, but when he does get in, I just wind up in a corner getting normal'd and d4~command grab/overhead/low sword'd to death.
What are my options (besides DP reversals) once Kotal is in d4 range?

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Tips for the MU? I get that my goal is to keep him away from me at all costs, especially against Sun God, but when he does get in, I just wind up in a corner getting normal'd and d4~command grab/overhead/low sword'd to death.
What are my options (besides DP reversals) once Kotal is in d4 range?
Block it then use you F1. Although it's 14f mid, Kotal's d4 is extremely minus on block so he must block it

ABake

Bum Kitana Main
Block it then use you F1. Although it's 14f mid, Kotal's d4 is extremely minus on block so he must block it
What is it on block, do you know? Because I feel like when I do block his d4, I'm eating a d1/tick throw/overhead/low sword immediately following.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
What is it on block, do you know? Because I feel like when I do block his d4, I'm eating a d1/tick throw/overhead/low sword immediately following.
Frame data says it's -10 on block. Which variation of Kotal you usually fight against? If that's War god, try to fuzzy guard his OH/low sword. It's pretty hard but most of the time Kotal will go for OH because d4 already hits low. She can punish both OH/low sword easily with reversal BF3, she can also full combo punish with 21 but sometimes there's huge push back after OH/low sword so 21 won't reach. Just practice this. Against Sun god, try to read a tick throw to back dash or armor. Back dash after d4 is safer