What's new

Xbox 360 UMK3 Tournament Sign here

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
add me in to the tourny my screen name is darknatas also most of u guys know lord hades x on xbox live he happenes to be my roomate so put him in the tourny also cause i'm gonna force him to play in the tourny if anything shock and ilovepoop and some of the rest of u guys send him a message on aim but trust me he will end up playing...

This Tourny has attracted wuite a bit of attention. Random People in Random Ranked matches are asking me who Im going to use in the tournament. This is without Prizes.

yes im am really surprised with how many people we have gotten to sign up

edit: i was planning on doing a double elimination but now that we have 64 players i decided its gonna take way to long to do a double so we are only gonna be doing single sorry everyone

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
This tournament is, again, a test run for a bigger tournament we hope to hold in the near future. The turnout has been excellent even though there are no prizes. There are 64 entries, I don't expect even half to show, and I do expect the tournament to take a while to finish. I am hoping we can get most of it out of the way in the first two days. I will try to be on between 7:30 and 10 and then after the early AM to cover at least a few matches on my own both Saturday and Sunday. Basically anyone who wants to play after 11 or 12, let me know and I'll try and be there, contact me on TakerECW if I do NOT have an away message up. If I do, I am not there, do not expect an answer.

Single Elimination - double would take a very long time and right now we don't have nearly enough confirmed "refs" or recorders for matches. The matches that should most likely be recorded are the last 3 rounds. Anyone who wants to be a ref please let me know.

Rounds:

First - best of 3
Second - best of 3
Third - best of 5
Fourth - best of 7
Semi Finals - best of 9
Finals - best of 11

Hidden characters must be enabled if a player wishes to use any of them. Directions to enable them in any matter necessary are here:

http://ultimatemk.com/konqrr_xbla_hidden_faq.php

Infinites and Human Smoke are allowed of course. No characters are banned.

No gameplay modifying vs codes like infinite run, or quick uppercut recovery are allowed even if both players don't mind. Level select codes, and Throwing Encouraged are allowed for example.

There is no cheap. Play at your own risk and remember the evil known as lag/delay may exist. If you lose, you lose, you can complain but it won't change anything. If there is a mishap while playing, like an accidental disconnect, the entire match is to be redone. Try to be a good sport and not drop mid match if you are losing, it just complicates things.

Mic and headset are NOT required but preferred, communication IS required.

If you wish to do warm ups, say so before playing any matches. Tournament games do not begin until the person who requested warm ups says when, or, a reasonable limit of 10 warm ups. I would advise at least 3 to get use to any lag issues there might be.

Wireless routers, or general router issues may come up. I would suggest to everyone when playing their tournament matches, if in case you experience any difficulty connecting to your opponents, disconnect your Xbox from your router and directly connect it to the cable or DSL line. This way there is no firewall blocking possible connections to the Xbox and you should have no issues. There are ways to set up your Xbox IP address to be outside the DMZ but it might be impossble or too difficult for some people. Essentially, it might become necessary to direct connect your Xbox to your internet connection.

Anyone who wants to sign up from this point on will be used as a sub, and we will probably need a lot of them. I will substitute if absolutely needed.

The Brackets can be found here:

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=198802

GL HF DDAIWD.

Enigma

Noob
I've noticed that since my forum named was used in the bracket instead of my gamertag, there is a potential for confusion.

Anyone that is listed on the bracket under a name that is not their gamertag needs to clarify their gamertag. I am AnEternalEnigma.

For example, the "Lord Hades" listed in the bracket has a corresponding gamertag with someone who clearly has never played an Xbox 360 or made a profile on Xbox.com before. For the life of me, I can't connect a forum name to that gamertag anywhere on these forums. Perhaps this may be someone planning to play on a friend's 360.

I just think the players who fall into the category, such as myself, need to clarify their gamertags before Saturday. Once again, I am AnEternalEnigma.

Or better yet, if whoever made the bracket can edit all the names to be the registered gamertags, that would be even better. If it's not a hassle to the bracket creator that is.

Im Still Game. I have a Family B-day party I have to be at tonight. What day/time is all this going on? I should be home after work at 4ish till later this evening. Not sure what time I am going out yet.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
u guys forgot the X at the end of lord hades name

gamertag: Lord Hades X

Also my Gamer tag is: DarkNaTaS

we both ready and good to play tomorrow

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
oh yea i was hoping it would have been u only can use 1 character per round like the last tourny i thought that was a good idea the last tourny were u couldnt use the same character more then once...

RayRokka

Noob
You know....the resurgence of UMK3 has really hit me in a soft spot.

This is something I always wanted back in the day and it's something that I knew could happen when Wavenet was created.

I thought Wavenet was the future of videogames and truly it was.

It seriously brings a tear to my eye, I'm such a pussy...

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see the match vids :)

I was thinking the tournament started Sunday, the 21st... I'm playing ILOVEPOOP in round 5. Well I won't be available the 20th... I'm free all day Sunday, but tommorow I've got a class and then I'm heading out of town afterwards.

I'm free this afternoon... ILOVEPOOP, do you want to go ahead and play and count that as the tournament round? I know you're going to whoop me, so we can go ahead and get my embarassement over with. ^_^