What's new

X-Ray Sucess Rate: Cage's Game of Chicken

Who would win this Game of Chicken more often?

• Johnny Cage

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • The Opponent

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

evansgambit

Guardian of Outworld
We know that Cage's X-Ray is such a game changer. How realistic is it to have your opponent supposedly "locked down" and not push any attack buttons, for fear of being countered? How long can you get them to stay that way?

As Cage's X-Ray can not be comboed into. What would be a realistic and achievable success rate for the X-Ray? Mathematically over 51% is a positive expectation, whereby you benefit more often than the opponent in the given scenario.

Suppose in this hypothetical "Game of Chicken", Johnny Cage cannot block (for example on DANGER health) and can only perform his X-Ray and no other moves, while his opponent's can only perform moves that Cage can counter. If cage counter's his opponent's counterable attack, he wins. If the opponent manages to land a counterable attack, they win.

Who would win this game of Chicken more often, Johnny Cage or the Opponent?

NOTE: Also list your own success rates with the X-Ray.

We know that Cage's X-Ray is such a game changer. How realistic is it to have your opponent supposedly "locked down" and not push any attack buttons, for fear of being countered? How long can you get them to stay that way?
From my very nothing to little experience, attentive players are always aware if Johnny has 3 bars or not. They tend to try to pressure Johnny a lot less to bait out his X-ray. One big factor in this, again I'm assuming, is if the opponent already has 51% or less health(or maybe just generally more but around there). They really would be betting their whole round or game on your ability to counter.

For the game of chicken... I just imagined another player jumping around Johnny like 20 times and eventually pressing a 6 frame j.fp. I know I couldn't counter that, but it probably doesn't apply to the situation very well. lol

I think if the opponent is dedicated to not hitting the XRay, and JCage can't do anything to punish their defensiveness or bait a punish, then no, I don't think X-Ray would work well. I find X-Ray is far better as a condition tool rather than for the actual damage. E.g, a common setup is Flash Kick to X-Ray. If It works once, you watch, if you have X-Ray, they will never, ever try to attack you after the flash kick. Making it essentially, safer than is even normally.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I've played against and play Cage occasionally. When I play Cage, I find the best time to use the x-ray is when corner pressing a player, the reason for this is, even if the opponent thinks "Well, if I throw a projectile he can't hit me!" which isn't true when you're directly in his face.

When I'm playing against Cage, I just attempt to zone him when he has three bars.

Depends on if the player is smart.

If I'm against a good Cage and he has an X-ray, I'm zoning him out with Ermac.

Hell, against Cage I'm zoning him period. I ain't letting Cage close to my Ermac or I'm it wrong.

i get high success rate with his xr, but i dont use it too much. just when i 'know' it will connect. obviously against an ermac, for example, that doesnt come in on me, i have no use for it. usually i frame trap them, with ex fireballs or break a combo.