What's new

WW3 Imminent, or are we already there?

I've heard WW3 was imminent after 9/11, after Iraq/Afghanistan, after Iran and middle east, after the China/Russia deal, after North Korea, after Egypt, after Syria, after Russia/Ukraine, and I'm hearing it now.

I think that's more wrong predictions than religious nutjobs calling out the apocalypse.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
As a person who faught in two wars for America as a Marine and dedicated his life to public service, the isolation mentality pisses me off to no end.

Only complete close minded individuals who have never seen the travasties the world has to offer would spew some garbage such as "Everything is America's fault" or "America should just stay out of everyone's shit."

Seriously...just fucking retarded....

Edit: Also you do realize that the first two WWs had nothing to do with the US and we were either dragged into the war by unprovoked aggression (Pear Harbor) or we were BEGGED by Britan to help (Germany had all but destoyed Britan and the American "Dough Boys" saved the day)? Also lets noy get into the fact that America is the sole reason that BOTH WWs were won....

So we pratice isolationism and the world begs us to help and demonizes us for standing by or we get involved and everyone hates on us... huh funny....

Last edited:

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
As a person who faught in two wars for America as a Marine and dedicated his life to public service, the isolation mentality pisses me off to no end.

Only complete close minded individuals who have never seen the travasties the world has to offer would spew some garbage such as "Everything is America's fault" or "America should just stay out of everyone's shit."

Edit: Also you do realize that the first two WWs had nothing to do with the US and we were either dragged into the war by unprovoked aggression (Pear Harbor) or we were BEGGED by Britan to help (Germany had all but destoyed Britan and the American "Dough Boys" saved the day)? Also lets noy get into the fact that America is the sole reason that BOTH WWs were won....

So we pratice isolationism and the world begs us to help and demonizes us for standing by or we get involved and everyone hates on us... huh funny....
Thank you for your service

RoGE

Noob
"nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom"

Eventually it will happen though it will be short and interrupted by a certain event. THE RAPTCHAAAAAAA

....Sorry *runs away from thread*

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion

Edit: Also you do realize that the first two WWs had nothing to do with the US and we were either dragged into the war be unprovoked aggression or we were BEGGED by Britan to help? Also lets noy get into the fact that America is the sole reason that BOTH WWs were won....

Eh. I wouldn't say America had unprovoked aggression towards it. During WW2, we def supported the allies.

And wait, are you saying we should get involved?

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Eh. I wouldn't say America had unprovoked aggression towards it. During WW2, we def supported the allies.

And wait, are you saying we should get involved?
What I'm saying is we get involved when we need to. We do what we need to do to protect our interests and allies worldwide. We will always and SHOULD always intervine when needed.

Fuck all the haters... God Bless America

I'm out of this garbage ass thread... all you fuckers who hate America can just keep on hating...

"Democracy and Redistribution" by Box

and

"Polyarchy" by Dahl

Are probably the best works out there for anyone genuinely curious about this more so than the half baked political opinions in this thread.

Yes, they're about the rise of democracies, not war: but as explained in the books, they're not completely separate phenomena.

Also, anything by Kenneth Waltz on the subject of modern war is very good.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
America is OP. We've won unwinnable match-ups, made the most epic comebacks/underdog victories in history, was regarded as god tier at one point, and continue to be among the stronger military powers in the world. Of course we're going to help out our allies and countries who need help, whether through military means or otherwise. Sure, there's a lot of questionable shit that happens, but that will always be the case, imo. As long as the good outweighs the bad, I'm not complaining. ;)

@LtLuthor As far as democracy is concerned, to me it's flawed. The majority rule sounds good and all, but when majority can mean 51%, that means there's 49% of people who don't get what they want. Don't want to get into it, just wanted to say that.

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
People act like conflict in the middle east is a new thing ... this has been going on for thousands of years. The constant battle and conflict for the holy land will always happen forever ... or until extermination.

OG Mannimal

OG "OG Mannimal" Mannimal
People act like conflict in the middle east is a new thing ... this has been going on for thousands of years. The constant battle and conflict for the holy land will always happen forever ... or until extermination.
That escalated quickly

Shaazzyam

I don't see how there could be a third world war when so many countries have nuclear weapons. How would they possibly fight? It's like if they went to war against each other for the fate of the world by playing MK and each country has an S tier Kabal.
There's no WW3. At the very least it would be a proxy war.

Also, democracy is as fair as it gets.

@LtLuthor As far as democracy is concerned, to me it's flawed. The majority rule sounds good and all, but when majority can mean 51%, that means there's 49% of people who don't get what they want. Don't want to get into it, just wanted to say that.
Median voter theory.

But domestic policy is irrelevant. Democracy prevents war with other Democracies not because it is impossible politically, but due to economic reasons.

JLG

Noob
Also lets noy get into the fact that America is the sole reason that BOTH WWs were won....

I would not go so far as to say that the USA is the "sole reason" for winning World War II because that would be a major downplaying of the Soviet Union's involvement and the very costly outcome of German soldiers trying to survive harsh Russian winters without supplies. Still, I get your point- USA played a pivotal role and deserved lots of praise for it.

I agree with you on isolationism. It's almost always a damned-if-you-do and damned-if-you-don't scenario. Wherever conflict arises, people are going to die and both survivors and bystanders are going to want to blame somebody. If you help, you did not help fast enough or you weren't gentle enough. If you don't help, well... we know how that goes. Overall, I don't think isolationism is really practical for any nation that depends heavily on international trade because war tends to threaten trade routes and trade agreements. Of course, it's also the responsibility of allies (or potential allies) to help each other because the whole system is based on the premise that attacking an allied country is not a good idea because there will be consequences.

Shaazzyam

I agree with you on isolationism. It's almost always a damned-if-you-do and damned-if-you-don't scenario. Wherever conflict arises, people are going to die and both survivors and bystanders are going to want to blame somebody. If you help, you did not help fast enough or you weren't gentle enough. If you don't help, well... we know how that goes. Overall, I don't think isolationism is really practical for any nation that depends heavily on international trade because war tends to threaten trade routes and trade agreements. Of course, it's also the responsibility of allies (or potential allies) to help each other because the whole system is based on the premise that attacking an allied country is not a good idea because there will be consequences.

Okay, and WW1 happened because countries went to war on behalf of other countries when they really were under no direct threat. Jumping into a war when you don't have to is not always a good idea, it seems most of the time it's a quite bad idea. In one instance things might have worked out better if people had been willing to go to war sooner, but that must be weighed against the hefty number of ill fated military ventures undertaken due to what amounts to a hunch.

Is Putin like Hitler? I don't think so, but maybe. No decision made about politics at this level can be made with 100% assurance as to the result. I think the majority of military actions undertaken when a nation was neither directly threatened or attacked have ended badly.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Oh please. When Russia invaded the Ukraine everyone was begging the US to get involved, and criticizing us when we didn't. If we did get involved you'd get all pissy about us budging into other countries affairs.
no , USA are oil hungry so they go to countries which can beniefit them in this respect , all russia will give them is a war , they have an actual military .. thats why russia hasnt been invaded all ready

fact of the matter is humans are primarily running on an unstable economic model in which we consume resources and expand civilization and human population without putting anything back or forming any sort of equilibrium... the more the proportion of people to resources available increases (exponentially) the more things get out of wack and people become increasingly more volatile towards each other. We are literally managing to create hell on earth because each and every individuals purpose and influence is reduced through overpopulation (these are things we are preprogrammed instictively to crave). As a result of this people suffer psychologically from a lack of purpose and feelings of imprisonment, it manifests itself through random acts of violence and other addictive means[sexual, drug, things which are perpetual short term solutions which spiral out of control and damage individual self). violence breeds violence, poverty breeds violence, the interaction of these variables creates a non-linear i.e. exponential result because everything is interconnected... victims of violence perpetuate violence as a means of reducing trauma so in effect violence itself is a contagious concept similar to a disease. People will physically suffer from a lack of resources and the combination of others not having resources. All of these are potential dangers as a result of the unstable human economic model, built primarily on what we collectively consider to be vices, greed, lust for power, hell even sexual lust itself is manifested through overpopulation. Hell we have even are victimizing ourselves as a product of vanity, we have a collective worship of unrealistic physical characteristics(often modified by technology) which literally permeate every aspect of our culture.... which is all collectively consumed and taken as the common set of ideals. This results in widespread self-esteem damage which once again ties into non-sustainable addictive processes which we literally exemplify collectively.

what happens when the price of oil inflates???? people starve because oil literally runs through every comodity and interacts with everything in the global economy. We have created a non-diversified economic model in which markets are becoming singular and codependent (primarily as a result of greed). When commodities crash their will be a monumental chain reaction as a result of this because we have interconnected everything. The law no longer becomes relevant when people don't have what they need because people are pre-programmed to serve the primal needs before their needs for security. Thus, we have chaos, and chaos within itself breeds chaos, similar to other addictive processes previously discussed.

Our minds and technology have collectively "evolved" at an exponential rate which is not in line with nature's individual physical evolutionary process... we are creating an environment/ have created an environment which is averse to our natural programming.

Last edited: