What's new

Would you want a 'Klassic'-style character?

N.B. This thread is only about 30% serious.

By Klassic-style, I mean a character whose moves (their normals, specifically) are the same normals most every character had back in the early-to-mid 90s - the infamous roundhouse, rapid punches (though toned down a little for balancing purposes, of course), knees and elbows. Not to mention those UMK3-style strings. :p Special moves could be ridiculous stuff from old MK games that didn't make it into MK9 - a rising uppercut much like Cage's old one, old school bicycle kicks, maybe a move similar to USub's Ice Shower etc.

IDK, I just think it'd be a good laugh.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I would totally say yea, but I don't want to get an angry mob on me so no haha, but it would definitely be funny.

E

Eldriken

Give Kitana her damage from MK2 and let's call it a day. =D

Four hit combos that do like 75%? Sure, why not?

Give Kitana her damage from MK2 and let's call it a day. =D

Four hit combos that do like 75%? Sure, why not?
I suppose if you coupled that with the complete lack of strings, the 'klassic' LK which is punishable on hit, the 3 second disable timer on fans, old-style throws, and all the other early 90s uselessness, it might just about balance out. :p

And just to take this silly idea to this logical conclusion, the three variations of the character in question could be modelled after female ninja, male ninja and robot ninja, the three quintessential palette swaps from days of old.

Heck, you could even make this idea make some sort of sense in canon (it would be bland and a blatant shoe horn, but it'd still work...), by having the character 'actually' be Shang Tsung, with each variation being a different morph on his part, and the primitive move list is because he unlearned most of his fighting prowess when Shao Kahn stole his soul.