What's new

Worst video game ending of all time?

That and the fact that the son had to go find the man years later, but it was no waypoint on the map to get to the man. I felt like as a player I was left in the dark. I dont even remember how I found him honestly.
This was kinda what made the game really good.

At that point, the game KNEW it had you hooked helplessly into the story, so that you've built up so much anger at that point, players would naturally go seek out that f*-er.

That's when you know a game is really good, when it doesn't tell you what you are supposed to care about- instead you naturally care. Not like Gears of War, where it's like "hey, this is your dude's girlfriend! Now, BE VERY SAD WHEN SHE DIES BECAUSE WE SAID YOU LIKE HER!"

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Not an ending but I bought Asura's Wrath couple of months ago b/c it looked interesting but that game has WAY too many credits in the middle of the game. I mean seriously? did they have to put credits at every fucking cutscene?

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
The original endings for Mass Effect 3.

It was so bad that BioWare had to release free DLC to change all three endings due to the backlash.
Yeah man I played through all the mass effects 1-3 and when that final ending came I was FURIOUS, I literally spent a good amount of time with most of the characters only to be rewarded to a shitty ending. But the DLC ending was good, just didnt remove the initial sting from the first ending :/

E

Eldriken

I think RAGE should be thrown in here as well. Never played it myself, but I've heard the ending is just the screen fading to black.

Those kind of endings are really fucking stupid.

E

Eldriken

Yeah man I played through all the mass effects 1-3 and when that final ending came I was FURIOUS, I literally spent a good amount of time with most of the characters only to be rewarded to a shitty ending. But the DLC ending was good, just didnt remove the initial sting from the first ending :/
This was my reaction to the initial endings:

aj1701

Noob
ALL THE ENDINGS IN MK4

ALL OF THEM

Ironically the end is actually the best part of that game.

I think RAGE should be thrown in here as well. Never played it myself, but I've heard the ending is just the screen fading to black.

Those kind of endings are really fucking stupid.
Ya, its basically the battle ends and thanks for playing. a lot of buildup for nothing. maybe that's why its called rage.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
win the game with Dan in any version of SF he is in.... There can nver be worse endings than Street Fighter endings but Dan and Gief's usually 0pitimize corn

Flagg

Noob
Bullfrog made an amazing game back in the 90's called Syndicate where you basically were a futuristic mafia boss equiping your goons with futuristic tech.

Took me ages to finally take over the planet where I was simply greeted with "The End" ending.

mVp_Ryon

Who's coming to Ghana?
wait has anyone played thief on ps4? it feels like graphically enhanced super mario: running around collecting gold coins.