What's new

Worst Character Online?

ApertureBlack

The Only Player On The Wii U
Ya I know, Online is terrible and the input lag makes it even worse, but what are some characters that are basically unusable due to said lag?

GodOfWar

Noob
Any characters that require precise execution are tough online. I find if you keep your combo's simple it makes a big difference

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
Seriously guys this has a right answer and that's Lobo.

He has the highest execution for mediocre damage, he is easily out poked and it's made worse by input lag, he has no zoning and no serious up close game. He has to maintain midrange to be even marginally effective and that's a million times harder online.

Also one of his strengths is anti-air but you have to predict a jump to not get beaten online and against people with good jump arcs like Batman and Joker you'll still get beaten unless you're throwing out d2 or 3 a mile in advance.

Low nuke shell combos are impossible. I mean that you can't do the b1 cancel fast enough to do it online. He has the tightest timing on his b3 combos out of anyone in the game.

Worse the stuff he is weakest against, multi hit zoning he can't roll under, and rush down he can't possibly beat at close range both get wildly stronger online while his high execution spacing game is made even more difficult to keep up.

Oh and there's a right answer to "who is the best character online:" Doomsday.

volkmair

Noob
Any slow character really as on wakeup you might as well just hold back as anything you try is just going to get stuffed anyway.

-LD50-

In a relationship with Killer Frost
I love her, I really do :rolleyes: but sometimes her combos due to online just wont come out :mad:
yeah i mean im new to fighters and haven't played many other characters but it seems like there are some timing windows in her combos that are painfully specific for online.

at the same time, I notice in practice that there are a lot of pauses i have to memorize, then come online i dont even have to try, i just input things immediately because thanks to delay they come out when theyre supposed to anyway.

tl;dr input lag CAN help kf combos a lot hehe

dookieagain

Last Bastion of Arcades
I've done my best online with Lobo. So in the words of Phoenix Wright......."OBJECTION!"
That says more about lack of talent from your opponents than any action on your part. I'm pretty sure I could do okay online with a character that just had d1. That wouldn't make it a viable character.