What's new

Winter 2012 MK2 Tournament - CANCELLED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Time to revitalize the MK2 online tournament scene

Date/Time: 4pm Pacific - Saturday, March 10th, 2012

This is a MAME/Kaillera tournament; however PS3/360 may be used if both players own a console.

If you do not have Kaillera installed on your computer and/or need assistance with getting it setup, please see this link for detailed instructions:
http://testyourmight.com/threads/tutorial-set-up-mk2-with-kaillera.10759!

RULES
  • All matches are best of 5 (first to 3.) You do not need to play all 5 games if one player has already accumulated 3 wins.
  • All matches are free select (pick any character you want)
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match assignments. We will not send out reminders to participants.
  • If connection breaks, then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to this thread IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent.
  • You will have up to the 2nd match to quit on account of lag if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 2nd match is played you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this ASAP in this thread in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you have been previously banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • Failure to meet match deadlines, failing to post score results of a match, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. TYM staff also reserves the right to disqualify a player with or without notice at any time.
  • If you trigger the Smoke battle, intentionally or not, you will be automatically disqualified.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve, then the player will receive a bye. Byes only allowed in the first round. If a replacement player is needed in subsequent rounds, it will be determined from the previous rounds' highest scoring losing player. If there is a tie then the winner will get to pick.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
(Will be posted once after signups close)

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1. dudemcrude
2. AREZ God of war
3. DCIguy
4. NobilityV2
---------------------------

RESERVES

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
hey guys I'm finally on here. I guess people told me about this site a while ago but I figured Raw was good enough at the time (am I allowed to mention that place lol?). anyway I'll do a tournament if it's ps3 og MK2 based. I don't have a speedy computer for Kaillera, and I won't play MKRAP, I mean, MKAK unless I'm really bored. anyway...so yeah...hi. I saw some references to me in the summer tournament that flopped. sorry I couldn't help make it go. I'm not big on Random Tournaments because I have lots of desyncing issues with people. I did play one a few months ago and I desynced about 4 times :S anyway a Free Select Tournament suits me just fine if it's og!

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i want in but im not sure if i have off from work that day. i cant request off since i just requested one 4 day weekend then a 3 day one back to back.. ill know by march 6th

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
hey guys I'm finally on here. I guess people told me about this site a while ago but I figured Raw was good enough at the time (am I allowed to mention that place lol?). anyway I'll do a tournament if it's ps3 og MK2 based. I don't have a speedy computer for Kaillera, and I won't play MKRAP, I mean, MKAK unless I'm really bored. anyway...so yeah...hi. I saw some references to me in the summer tournament that flopped. sorry I couldn't help make it go. I'm not big on Random Tournaments because I have lots of desyncing issues with people. I did play one a few months ago and I desynced about 4 times :S anyway a Free Select Tournament suits me just fine if it's og!
Hi, Jason. You're welcome to join and play your matches on PS3, provided the opponents you match up with have a PS3 as well. If they don't, you will have to play on Kaillera. I set tournaments this way in order to allow as many signups as possible.

Having a functional computer that can run Kaillera is a minimum requirement for such reasons listed above. I will tentatively leave you off the signup list until you can confirm it won't be an issue.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
yeah my computer def can't handle MK2. it lags for even facebook games after a few minutes. but if you have a PS3 Free Select Tournament I want in!

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Signing up to get this moving. Thought for sure we would have more than 2 signups by this point.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
It's not looking good for this tournament. We need at least 4 more players to sign up by Friday night or the tourney will be cancelled.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Tournament cancelled due to lack of interest. I think in the future we will just do console specific (PC, PS3, XBL) tournaments to entice more players.