What's new

Will we get a "New" MKX character reveal tomorrow?

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I never got into KoF. Some people used to think I do look Latino or slightly Mexican but I'm actually half Vietnamese
He wasn't being jokingly racist. Dreamcancelling is a KOF mechanic lol.
Drivecancel is the mechanic, Dreamcancel is the website
Ha! I really guess I should've explained that joke. Thanks for having my (suprisingly non-racist) back guys.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
To be fair, Injustice never dropped any definitive hints about alternate universe crap and it turned out to be the games central theme. Still, I don't think that's what we're dealing with. They've already said their primary goal with this is to leave the past plots behind, so I doubt they would shoot the plot 25 years into the future just so we can drag alternate reality versions of everyone back from the grave.

If Kung Lao's alive it just means somebody at NRS still has a huge boner for him and so they wrote a dopey resurrection into the plot. Its the same way Scorpion and Sub Zero (And Quan Chi, apparently) just get a pass regardless of how ludicrous it is for them all to have not just killed each other.

He's not all zombied out so he's definitely not on Quan Chi's payroll (unless that's his alternate) and given the obvious age change I'd wager either its a consequence of being brought back / cloned (kind of like Old Snake in MGS4) or it happens pretty immediately after MK9 and NRS just has no idea what 40-50 year olds look like.

Lets just hope it isn't as dumb as the old so-and-so's soul missed its flight to heaven and the bus broke down in Outworld so they get to fight again bullshit excuses from before.

While I seriously doubt they'll go over the post-MK3(maybe even MK4) canon from the previous timeline in depth, there is no way in hell there won't be any overlap or re-occuring events.

A good portion of things from pre-reboot post MK3/4 should still be set up to take place in some shape or form unless MKX has some plot events that counter-act them.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I don't think you know what blunder means.
Well we were hyped up for a long time waiting for Jan 2nd, after not having a reveal for over 2months, just for another magazine to "leak" Kung Lao info before the date. Then everyone is still hype possibly believing there may be a different reveal on the 2nd, even with Boon hinting it isn't Kung Lao.

Just for the date to hit and it was Kung, without the hype trailer or gameplay as the previous revealed character, and almost "re-revealed" from a different magazine.

If that isn't "blundering" a reveal I dunno what is man lol.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well we were hyped up for a long time waiting for Jan 2nd, after not having a reveal for over 2months, just for another magazine to "leak" Kung Lao info before the date. Then everyone is still hype possibly believing there may be a different reveal on the 2nd, even with Boon hinting it isn't Kung Lao.

Just for the date to hit and it was Kung, without the hype trailer or gameplay as the previous revealed character, and almost "re-revealed" from a different magazine.

If that isn't "blundering" a reveal I dunno what is man lol.
So, a blunder is what happens when fans invent an expectation that was never promised, misconstrue entirely factual tweets as deception and then get what they were actually promised a day in advance and are still shockingly ungrateful?

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So, a blunder is what happens when fans invent an expectation that was never promised, misconstrue entirely factual tweets as deception and then get what they were actually promised a day in advance and are still shockingly ungrateful?
Invent an expectation that was never promised? It was confirmed that the reveal would be Jan 2nd.

Misconstrue entirely factual tweets as deception? Instead of saying the leak was the same reveal as the 2nd would be, or even just staying quiet on the matter, NRS went into "damage control" and sent out multiple tweets to try and make it seem like Lao wouldn't be revealed on the 2nd, as can clearly be seen on Boon's Twitter.

Get what the reveal a day in advance? 100% true. But people were more upset about the purposely misleading tweets after the leak which lead to anger from getting nothing new whatsoever on the 2nd.

To be honest, I personally wasn't even upset. Kung Lao confirmed, a description of his variations, and an impending video at some point in January is more than enough for me. But on the other hand I understand what got other people upset and how badly they messed up the reveal this time around. For comparisons sake, simply look at Quan Chi's.

trufenix

bye felicia
Invent an expectation that was never promised? It was confirmed that the reveal would be Jan 2nd.
Kung Lao was revealed on Jan 2nd, in gamesmaster magazine, as promised. Neither a trailer, nor any input on NRS' part was promised. The only thing NRS has actually promised is a stream with "lots of new stuff" at some point in January.

Misconstrue entirely factual tweets as deception? Instead of saying the leak was the same reveal as the 2nd would be, or even just staying quiet on the matter, NRS went into "damage control" and sent out multiple tweets to try and make it seem like Lao wouldn't be revealed on the 2nd, as can clearly be seen on Boon's Twitter.
What damage control? What do you think this is, the boon identity? Ed tweeted about Kung Pao chicken when people asked for clues, and later said "I never said Kung Lao" because he said Kung Pao. The fact that you read "I never said the reveal was going to be Kung Lao" is on you, not him.

Get what the reveal a day in advance? 100% true. But people were more upset about the purposely misleading tweets after the leak which lead to anger from getting nothing new whatsoever on the 2nd.
Please take me back with you on the Imaginationland blimp so I can meet these people and read these tweets.

To be honest, I personally wasn't even upset. Kung Lao confirmed, a description of his variations, and an impending video at some point in January is more than enough for me. But on the other hand I understand what got other people upset and how badly they messed up the reveal this time around. For comparisons sake, simply look at Quan Chi's.
First off, yes, you are mad. Blameshifting impulsivity and delusion is not the predilection of a rational mind. Second, nobody except penjaak (or whatever the finnish magazine was called) messed up, and we can't even be sure they did anything wrong because nobody but Gamesmaster and WB have any idea what was in their exclusivity contract. Finally, Quan Chi's reveal was mired by the week and a half long buildup in which NO ONE (to date) successfully linked the clues given to him and was followed by a similar week of "anger" because Goro did not also get his "promised" trailer.

Either way, you'll all shut your faces when the stream happens so can we spend our current time and energy speculating on what we do have or at least just work on the face shutting part so you're well practiced when the stream happens? k.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Kung Lao was revealed on Jan 2nd, in gamesmaster magazine, as promised. Neither a trailer, nor any input on NRS' part was promised. The only thing NRS has actually promised is a stream with "lots of new stuff" at some point in January.

What damage control? What do you think this is, the boon identity? Ed tweeted about Kung Pao chicken when people asked for clues, and later said "I never said Kung Lao" because he said Kung Pao. The fact that you read "I never said the reveal was going to be Kung Lao" is on you, not him.

Please take me back with you on the Imaginationland blimp so I can meet these people and read these tweets.

First off, yes, you are mad. Blameshifting impulsivity and delusion is not the predilection of a rational mind. Second, nobody except penjaak (or whatever the finnish magazine was called) messed up, and we can't even be sure they did anything wrong because nobody but Gamesmaster and WB have any idea what was in their exclusivity contract. Finally, Quan Chi's reveal was mired by the week and a half long buildup in which NO ONE (to date) successfully linked the clues given to him and was followed by a similar week of "anger" because Goro did not also get his "promised" trailer.

Either way, you'll all shut your faces when the stream happens so can we spend our current time and energy speculating on what we do have or at least just work on the face shutting part so you're well practiced when the stream happens? k.
Lol, I'm assuming you're projecting your anger towards me from some sort(s) of arguments you may have had with other irrational type posters on this subject so I'll be quiet now.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King

The Boon Identity sounds like a Johnny Cage movie. Also thank you for being a realist

Alright here is my best shot at this.

"I sure do love Kung Pao chicken. Pao as in Pow" We know that Kung Lao just got revealed. Pao as in Pow could be Lao as in Low.

If you google 'chicken low' the first result is http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/low-fat-chicken-recipes.html . one of the recipes is kung pao chicken zoodles for two. Not much I could find from here. I even checked to see if Ed Boon wrote something in the comments section haha

If you google 'kung low' you get ken low's shaolin institute. The poster above me, posted a picture of ken, he could be an uncover nrs worker and the guest character is ken.