What's new

Will the Tunes in MKX be worthy?

Decay

King of the Bill
I heard a small glimpse of the soundtrack from what they showed and it sounded more like ambient sound however, the audio was way low. Also I noticed a song with orchestral chanting, which I think is a great touch and can really raise some goosebumps. I personally hope there is something with a good beat and tempo so you can get super hype

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
people always shit on the MK music but its because its usually set VERY LOW by default...

To be honest MK has always had the best music imo... We just need to HEAR it better...But then again we also need to hear the fight sounds as well.. Its not an easy thing to balance... @colt

people always shit on the MK music but its because its usually set VERY LOW by default...

To be honest MK has always had the best music imo... We just need to HEAR it better...But then again we also need to hear the fight sounds as well.. Its not an easy thing to balance... @colt
The music is still shit. Most of it sounds like generic movie music. In injustice there were only 4-6 good tracks out of like 25. MK9 had even less imo with only 3 decent tracks.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
MK music has been great only in MKII, MK3, MK4 and MKD. Most of the other games had one or two good tracks, but had boring and/or generic music in most of the stages. I hope we get great music again, It's been a while since we got something like this:

MK9's music just doesn't do it for me, most of the times the classic tunes are just far better.

I agree that the music in Injustice and MK9 feels very generic and unmemorable...but I think a lot of that has to do with NRS being focused more on trying to create mood and atmosphere rather than something hype and catchy. I think from their design standpoint they want casual players to be kind of absorbed in the cinematic experience when they play it rather than have some hype music to pump you up in tournament.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Mood is nice, but its not hype.

I REALLY wish the music was hype like other fighters like some of the dark dance music from past Mks.

I still honestly listen to this song. How bad ass would it be to fight to this theme?

Itd be nice but if it doesn't happen and it music its still set super low and sounds like elevator music (injustice) then... Meh. At least the game play will be beast.

Last edited:
Mood is nice, but its not hype.

I REALLY wish the music was hype like other fighters.

Itd be nice but if it doesn't happen and it music its still set super low and sounds like elevator music then... Meh. At least the game play will be beast.
You know, given how outthere some of the modes in MK are I really don't think it would be too crazy for them to include a tournament/hype mode with more catchy music.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
MK9 had one good stage theme:

Injustice had two, but technically I guess it's the same stage:
I always picked this stage just for the music, and because I used Luthor.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I just really want them to give us a Tekken Tunes type of option, where you can pick either classic stage music or you own custom playlists from your system to play on whatever stages you want.

The right music can really make matches, there have been times where I went into the zone fighting people online just because the beat dropped at the right time on a song I set.

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
NRS's music.... eh.... When it comes to fighting games, you just can't beat BlazBlue's soundtrack.