What's new

Why the PS3 controller sucks

streetsweep187

Kneel before me
I always thought it was me sucking but after seeing this I know its my pad ... sometimes shit just dont come out and I know that I do it right ....good looking out on the video ...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I dunno, I've never really had too big of an issue with the PS3 controller...I've used a variety of pads made by different brands too. I also have a PS2 pad I like to use, but ehh that's just me.
It could just be my Dualshock. But it's a new controller, so I don't see why it would be doing this. Maybe it's just a fluke that I got a stupid one. I still don't like the Dualshock for other reasons though. I was just so happy that my Hori pads came in the mail today that I had to make a video.

I also have HUGE problems doing Stryker's D4, gun with the Dualshock (I always get D4, grenade). With the Hori pad? No problems.

yo ma dog,
i give u an advice
but read it carefully bitch cos i wont give it twice
open the pad an pull the R1-R2 buttons out
this will help u and u will shut up ur mouth
with adhesive tesa u glue the holes
then u got the perfect pad in ur hand asshole
map the buttons like a ps3 pad
fool, now u can enjoy mk like a mad
:D
credits goes to google translate for my rhymes yo :p

but real talk, thats the way i use the hori pad.
because the layout from the ps3 pad is better for me but having 6 button in front is annoying it does not feels good.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
If the inputs are showing in training mode then it's not the controller. It's the game.
But how when the Hori pad doesn't do this?

yo ma dog,
i give u an advice
but read it carefully bitch cos i wont give it twice
open the pad an pull the R1-R2 buttons out
this will help u and u will shut up ur mouth
with adhesive tesa u glue the holes
then u got the perfect pad in ur hand asshole
map the buttons like a ps3 pad
fool, now u can enjoy mk like a mad
:D
credits goes to google translate for my rhymes yo :p

but real talk, thats the way i use the hori pad.
because the layout from the ps3 pad is better for me but having 6 button in front is annoying it does not feels good.
Wait wait wait. Pull out the R1-R2 buttons on the Hori pad?

I love the Ps3 Pad.
I love the face buttons and d-pad would be a great design if it world work for me. I hate the way the PS3 controller is shaped though. It's so little and bony.

Wait wait wait. Pull out the R1-R2 buttons on the Hori pad?
yes, exactly, so u can use the ps3 pad mapping and it feels like a better ps3 pad :)
it feels very good, but if u prefere 6 buttons on the front its ok :)
i got 3 of these pads, but only one of them i put the R1R2 buttons out.

AYSAMO

Noob
When I went to SCR everyone was asking me wtf I was playing on when I plugged in my Hori Pad. I've been using the FC3 Pro since MK came out, and I will never play on a regular PS3 pad again for fighters. I've only gone through 2 hori pads since MK came out, and about 5 PS3 pads in the same amount of time.

The only issue I have with Hori Pads is the D-Pad's durability. It gets loose really quick and is non-fixable AFAIK. The only reason I have to replace them is when the D-Pad gets so loose it stops functioning correctly, and no longer registers all of my inputs. It's particularly noticeable when I'm navigating the PS3's menus or typing a message with it. To move right or left requires me to mash the d-pad a few times. Despite this issue, it takes almost exactly a year each time I've bought a new one for this defect to show up.

But I can't really complain about that when these pads are like 30 fucking dollars on amazon. They just need to remove all the retarded D-Pad customization options that really do nothing but kill the controller's life span, or at least offer a model (potentially cheaper even) that does not have any of those features.

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or making a penis joke
penis joke.
i personally dont care. i've learned on ps2 pad, so that's what i play on. i've found ways to reduce my input errors to near nil (unless online, fuck online), but when i started i guess i had the same issues as you. still i like the feel of dualshock 2 for now, but i agree dualshock 3 is ass.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Very strange indeed, can't say I've had dropped inputs of that nature before.

Unfortunately for me though I'm usually leveling up with the PND guys on 360, and since most fightpads aren't available for both systems I have to stick with Playstation pads +Etokki converters for consistency's sake.

Also, now that you mention that boomerang pad, I always found it kinda ironic how 360 fanboys hate the current DualShock design because it's old and "doesn't fit into your hands" but yet back when they were Playstation fanboys, and when Sony unveiled that very same boomerang design, they begged and demanded that Sony bring back the original DualShock design. LOL

It'll be interesting to see what Sony has lined up for the PS4 controller.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
penis joke.
i personally dont care. i've learned on ps2 pad, so that's what i play on. i've found ways to reduce my input errors to near nil (unless online, fuck online), but when i started i guess i had the same issues as you. still i like the feel of dualshock 2 for now, but i agree dualshock 3 is ass.
A lot of people have been saying they use the Dualshock 2 pads, maybe I should try them instead.

When I went to SCR everyone was asking me wtf I was playing on when I plugged in my Hori Pad. I've been using the FC3 Pro since MK came out, and I will never play on a regular PS3 pad again for fighters. I've only gone through 2 hori pads since MK came out, and about 5 PS3 pads in the same amount of time.

The only issue I have with Hori Pads is the D-Pad's durability. It gets loose really quick and is non-fixable AFAIK. The only reason I have to replace them is when the D-Pad gets so loose it stops functioning correctly, and no longer registers all of my inputs. It's particularly noticeable when I'm navigating the PS3's menus or typing a message with it. To move right or left requires me to mash the d-pad a few times. Despite this issue, it takes almost exactly a year each time I've bought a new one for this defect to show up.

But I can't really complain about that when these pads are like 30 fucking dollars on amazon.
on the back from the hori pad u can adjust the "sensibility"
plus on the front u can adjust the angle, i put it to the same angle of my thumb (position 20) and it feels very good!

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons

But I can't really complain about that when these pads are like 30 fucking dollars on amazon. They just need to remove all the retarded D-Pad customization options that really do nothing but kill the controller's life span, or at least offer a model (potentially cheaper even) that does not have any of those features.
I agree 100%. I just bought 2 more after my first one essentially fell apart after about 8 months of heavy use. That's the only draw back to these pads. I also agree about releasing a model that doesn't have the dumb rotating d-pad. I don't really notice a difference when I adjust the knob in the back either (apparently it adjusts the controller's sensitivity to diagonal inputs). It'd be nice for an Xbox version as well. I guess I could get a converter?

If someone knows of a better pad, then I'd love to hear it because I have honestly searched high and low and cannot find a better one.