What's new

General/Other - Mournful Why Mournful is Potentially Kitty's Best Variant.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Interesting i know he has good footsies with some interesting normals.
I disagree, d4 is a really good poke but most of possessed power comes from his ability to open people up with his specials/continue pressure with specials. What moves are you thinking of? For the love a god please not be talking about f4 that shit is garbage and it's the only normal he gains.

gam224

The world's least hype player
I disagree, d4 is a really good poke but most of possessed power comes from his ability to open people up with his specials/continue pressure with specials. What moves are you thinking of? For the love a god please not be talking about f4 that shit is garbage and it's the only normal he gains.
No need to get defensive i am no kenshi expert but from what i have seen back 2 is really interesting because it is plus. back 1 and forward 2 are also notable because of their range. I admit that i don't know a ton about this character and that is why i am asking you questions.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
I don't think Jax's OH dash punch is 5 frame
The biggest problem with Mournful is that she losses air control. Her damage is average in comparison to other characters
But dat D1 glaive....it can does a million chip damage and frustrate many people

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
I still believe her control is good its just not as threatening. Which the some thing Royal storm has over mournful. 30% of an 8f air projectile.

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Sry its offical for me Mournful is Kitana's beststance. Instant air glaive\floats is crazy. Hell the bitch can do 4 overheads into a 50/50. Its godlike, just takes a nice set up.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
Unfortunately her zoning in mournful can be jumped over easily due to glaive's startup and the lower risk when eating a glaive....
Come on, 1/3 life full screen fan conversion people!

No it can't. Not if your good at mixing up glavie tosses with float. Also shadow kick is a ridiculous anti air. Plus about 30% chip block string. She's a beast.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
Glaives as a zoning tool are quite underated imo. Mid is a big deal and by varying your jump height and being a little unpredictable it can be a huge pain for people without a teleport. Instant air glaive still hits peoples feet for close to mid to full screen, but you have to be careful of people running in under glaives if you use them at full height. As above, if they like to jump, back to full screen they go with a shadow kick. AA glaive into ex shadow kick is 19% so not too sloppy. Chip/meter build is what you want from them anyway rather than pure keep away.

Her problems are characters that shut down these options like Ermac and Scorpion where good ones will stop you from using projectiles or jumping in general, leaving her with little capacity to build meter and start her pressure.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It disgusts me that people are like, "Oh, easy 45%+ combos in RS? I need to pick up Kitana." The entirety of this community acts like Kitana can just waltz up to people and combo them for 45% because people refuse to block the low in b14.

Real talk: Kitana takes an amount of patience and reads that not a lot of other characters in this game take advantage of in their basic design. She doesn't play MKX, she plays MK9.5, and people who think they're in for an easy win because of her damage are in for a rude awakening.

Sorry, not to derail, but I needed to vent lol

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
It disgusts me that people are like, "Oh, easy 45%+ combos in RS? I need to pick up Kitana." The entirety of this community acts like Kitana can just waltz up to people and combo them for 45% because people refuse to block the low in b14.

Real talk: Kitana takes an amount of patience and reads that not a lot of other characters in this game take advantage of in their basic design. She doesn't play MKX, she plays MK9.5, and people who think they're in for an easy win because of her damage are in for a rude awakening.

Sorry, not to derail, but I needed to vent lol
Your not venting..just speaking the truth. This goes triple for Mournful. She's all footies..like all damn day. One of if not THE most honest character in MKX. And damn I love her. Back on topic now.

Every1 thinks f22u4 air glaive is safe..it is not. You can mb through the air glaive.

Your not venting..just speaking the truth. This goes triple for Mournful. She's all footies..like all damn day. One of if not THE most honest character in MKX. And damn I love her. Back on topic now.

Every1 thinks f22u4 air glaive is safe..it is not. You can mb through the air glaive.
It is safe. It's a block string against most characters or isn't punishable by most. It's also just -6 with push back. Minus 6 is safe. Only a handful that can punish, can get meaningful conversions. In which case you use Ex air glavie which jails the whole cast and is safe. It's mostly people with lots of stagger on the knock back of the u3 and female hitboxes that are able to armor through. Only Mileena, Tanya, Shinnok, Lao (not tempest), and Warlock Quan can convert solid damage. That stagger is the same reason the chip block string is so inconsistent but it's easier on big hit boxes with mid stagger. One of the few things left to fix with Kitana.

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
With X-ray she can if they're close enough. She can parry most things with X-ray. Idk about X-rays though.
Sonya's xray wins all xray in the game (if close enough). I don't know about all of them though, whose xray can be done from a distance away to prevent getting sucked into Sonya's black hole?