What's new

Why Midway WHY?

In light of reading the various posts on this board I have to say that Midway really are idiots sometimes!! They had such a good starting block for the 3D MK games in MK:DA and then they blew it all on Deception and armageddon!! Shame on you Midway

XL

Noob
To be fair, Boon did say that they are redoing the battle system totally for the next MK game...

Thank god.

ltzasz

Noob
Yeah, but they'll probably use the new engine for the next 4-5 games with minimal adjustments. It will most likely get boring fast, like Armageddon.

not neceserily. If the engines good in the first place then it would still be good after 4-5 games. Tekken's basicly had the same engine for years and the tekken games are awesom! I do hope midway does a good job on he new mk's

ltzasz

Noob
TheImmortalMan said:
not neceserily. If the engines good in the first place then it would still be good after 4-5 games. Tekken's basicly had the same engine for years and the tekken games are awesom! I do hope midway does a good job on he new mk's
Yes, but do you really expect a good engine from midway? I think if they spent a few years developing the next MK, it could turn out really good. However, Midway needs their money, as such forcing the MK team to produce an MK game on a yearly basis. I shudder to think how the next MK will play if it is not properly developed.

I think Midway are really limiting themselves by having a 1 mortal kombat game a year thing, good 3D games take time and care to make. Virtua Fighter 4 came out years after virtua fighter 3 and they still updated it with evolution!

Enigma said:
They really need to go back to HP/HK/LP/LK. The Attack 1/Attack 2 bullshit was stupid.
Yeah that attack 1/attack 2 shit really doesn't make any sense when you think about it, truthfully they need to make these games like UMK3 used to be, simple and fun.