What's new

Why Don't You Play Street Fighter?

Lok0xXxSn1per5

I'll Freeze Those Salty Tears!
I played sf4 from 2009 to 2011 when I dropped for MK9. Maybe i shouldnt have bc sf4 is a better game but mk is more fun. Right now Im all about KI3!

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I only have SFIV for PC and I'm too lazy to put in the time to get good using a keyboard now. I don't want to invest in a stick either. With that being said, I played vanilla SFIV until SSFIV came out. I didn't play it..then I picked up AE.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I love SF. I wish there were fewer option selects to force more reads, but OS's are a natural and inevitable part of any FG depending on how the engine handles inputs.

I. Love. Charge. Characters. Guile for life.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
Control scheme, and that girl that keeps throwing her butt at you.

My first foray into Street Fighter was the Jean-Claude Van Damme movie, which entertained me a lot as a kid. So when I went to my cousin's my brother and I wanted to play Street Fighter Alpha 3.

But of course we go with Ryu and since there is only one controller we try arcade mode, and every single time that ass just kept throwing itself in our faces, only to leave me with repressed memories of some dumb shit beating me so handily in a fighting game.

If I could learn how to beat her, I'd probably pick it up along with MK9 and Injustice when I get the money for either.
You gotta get your hands on Street Fighter the Movie game, It's so bad it's fuckin hilarious lol

AZ MotherBrain

If you believe enough, -7 could be +7
I playing Super a lot, but then MK9 and Marvel came out, so I didn't play AE that much.
I just recently started playing again in preparation for Ultra.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
I love the SF games and really do enjoy AE. My issue is with Capcom, I got annoyed when I bought SF4 day one then to see not one but two re-releases of the game forcing me to buy a new disc to play the game. I finally bought AE a while back and I play here and there, but to play competitively I just don't have time to truly focus on both IGAU and SF. As I said my beef isn't with SF just Capcom, they sent a very long time milking the gamers of money on the series, with all that said I will likely be focusing a lot of time in Ultra though.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
God damn. Just....God damn. I love the honesty.

I don't play because I'm awful at execution.
Well, keep in my mind I'm not making fun of anyone who does in fact like the game. I'm just a visual/aesthetic type of guy and do not care for the cartoony style fighting games. ;)

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I love street fighter to death, I still play it from time to time. I just like to watch blood, gore, and fatalities when I defeat my opponent. I bought the Arcade Edition when it came out but when I heard the SF4 ULTRA coming out I was like WTF?

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
disregarding any skill involved I personally don't play it because of the art style, and aesthetics.

For example I started off playing Dota 2 for a while, then when I try to get into league of legends I am basically looking at some shitty cartoon drawings that I can't get into. I guess you are hooked on what you start with I suppose.