What's new

Why does the NRS community think they are superior or equal to the Capcom community?

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Ive been meaning to learn sf4 and mvc3 but its just so much to learn i feel like everyones too ahead. It would be like picking up mk9 for me at this point, love watching that game though.

I picked up ki and have been doing well for the most part. Ill def give the sf4 ultra characters a shot see if it clicks for me. Im trying to play more games.
Oh god yeah... I used to play MVC3 and was decent at it. I dropped it for 3-4 months when SCV came out (Which I was garbage at), and by the time I came back to UMVC3 I was so far behind it wasn't even funny.
If you haven't learned to block the ridiculous shenanigans that game has as they were discovered, catching up becomes really really hard.

ummm... no. KOF is not Capcom, MK is not capcom and injustice is not capcom, skull girls is not capcom, KI is not capcom.

Plus, many capcom players have topped many games at once. Hell, JW wins canada cup in MK while barely played the game. Chris g beats 16 bit so many times with a "broke back" retile and top in 4-5 different games last year (including MK 4th place, KOF 2nd, I believe won MVC, and top sf). Please explain to me, What accomplishments do injustice players can compare to something like that. Fuck lets talk big accomplishments (EVO), PR balrog got top 8 evo in injustice and chris g even got top 8 at evo in MK injustice. What injustice/mk main player have topped 3-5 games at once and top in evo with the games they play on the side.

Can we please stop kidding ourselves? Plus lets not start on foreign community. Most injustice/MK lies in europe and US. Capcom games have players from all over the world. The more players in the tournament the harder to top because of the higher chances of having more higher players, so it is harder to top and most capcom games have more players
last time i saw ChrisG he was getting his black blow out by PL, when was the last Time PR Balrog played this game?

last time i saw ChrisG he was getting his black blow out by PL, when was the last Time PR Balrog played this game?
The point is not that what he has been blowing up or not blowing up by. Overall achievement of capcom players have done are greater, even in injustice and mk they still make noises. Injustice players have never done anything with that kind of caliber in capcom games but capcom players have done it in mk and injustice. Lets not take away from accomplishments here.

Im sorry but the accomplishments of Injustice players and Mk do not hold close to the players on capcom side. Unless this is proven with massive accomplishments like chris g, daigo, and justin wong; the accomplishments stand.

Last edited:
if youre going to include asian players they will probably win. That's not what this discussion is about. Players like Tokido, Daigo, Xiaohai, Sako are godlike in multiple games some of them have a history of almost 20 years experience. It was always the american capcom players that felt they were superior even though they aren;t the best at their own game.

coolwhip

Noob
This is literally my least favorite debate in the FGC. It's all based on reputation and nothing else. Capcom players keep saying they'd be the best at NRS games, and ironically, the only reason this continues to be a topic is because they actually never play NRS games seriously for an extended period of time. In other words, if they did, and didn't dominate, then this wouldn't be a debate since we'd have facts. But as it stands, they have the option select of "we'd be the best but we don't play."

Sami

Noob
The thing I have never undersood about this argument is why the terms "Capcom community" and "NRS community" used.

1. It implies people still play MK9
2. It implies that MK9 and Injustice are similar games and/or require a similar skillset.
3. It implies that SF4 and MVC3 are similar games and/or require a similar skillset.
4. It fails to recognise that MK9 is closer to SF4 than it is Injustice (closer characters, strong neutral/footsie/pressure game, slower pace. See past the block button and juggles people) and that Marvel is closer to Injustice than SF4 (maximum bullshit, blind guesses, one mistake and your dead scenarios, heavily momentum based).
5. It implies that the top players from their respective developer communities are great at both of the games from that developer. Not all top SF4 players are top MVC3 players (and vice-versa), and not all top MK9 players are top IGAU players (and vice-versa).
6. It fails to recognise that some top players play multiple games across and outside the Capcom/NRS boundaries (PL with DOA, KDZ with SC, Chris G with everything, Justin Wong with KI, etc etc) yet are somehow always pidgeon-holed into one community. The terms "Capcom player" and "NRS player" are not mutually exclusive.
7. The two current fighting games from Capcom were created in collaboration with other game devs anyway, so surely it is the Capcom/Dimps/Eighting community #kappa

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
The thing I have never undersood about this argument is why the terms "Capcom community" and "NRS community" used.

1. It implies people still play MK9
2. It implies that MK9 and Injustice are similar games and/or require a similar skillset.
3. It implies that SF4 and MVC3 are similar games and/or require a similar skillset.
4. It fails to recognise that MK9 is closer to SF4 than it is Injustice (closer characters, strong neutral/footsie/pressure game, slower pace. See past the block button and juggles people) and that Marvel is closer to Injustice than SF4 (maximum bullshit, blind guesses, one mistake and your dead scenarios, heavily momentum based).
5. It implies that the top players from their respective developer communities are great at both of the games from that developer. Not all top SF4 players are top MVC3 players (and vice-versa), and not all top MK9 players are top IGAU players (and vice-versa).
6. It fails to recognise that some top players play multiple games across and outside the Capcom/NRS boundaries (PL with DOA, KDZ with SC, Chris G with everything, Justin Wong with KI, etc etc) yet are somehow always pidgeon-holed into one community. The terms "Capcom player" and "NRS player" are not mutually exclusive.
7. The two current fighting games from Capcom were created in collaboration with other game devs anyway, so surely it is the Capcom/Dimps/Eighting community #kappa

I have to disagree with #4. I think that injustice is definitely closer to sf4 than mk9. Unseeable mixups (when all mixups in injustice are pretty much seeable except like dive bomb) lol -and unseeable vortexes.

Kitana Prime

Top-tier at everything but the characters I choose
Everyone is comparing apples and oranges. The truth is that Capcom games have undergone minor iterations for decades. If you've been playing more or less the same games for years, you'd also probably be good enough to add side games to your arsenal.

SF4 is an iterative improvement on previous SFs, as is MVC3 on MVC2. Which was an iterative improvement on Marvel vs. Capcom. Which was born from X-men vs. Street Fighter... Etc. Imagine if people had been playing versions of Injustice since 2000. Instead, we went from classic MK to MK3 (which had all kinds of system changes) to MK4, to the modern 3d MK era, to MK9 which was a new hybrid, and now to Injustice which is a totally different game.

If we'd been playing iterations on Injustice or MK9 for the last decade, squeezing every last drop out of the game's fundamentals, we'd probably be leaps and bounds better at it than anyone else. Just like the people who have been playing Tekken forever. Instead we have a game that was literally a completely different type of 3D fighting game (and somewhat of a broken mishmash) 2 iterations ago.

In addition, while SF stayed in arcades, MK made the transition long ago to home systems; which means that the highly competitive arcade culture (and the conversation of tech and ideas from Japan's arcade scene) that created the current Capcom environment did not exist in our scene for a number of years. There were a few hardcore devotees and that was it.

(Again not that it would have mattered as much, because the game completly changed with MK9 anyway).

So the moral of the story is that people need to stop comparing these scenes like they're equivalent or are somehow built from the same type of resources as each other. They are 100% different worlds, and trying to equate them is an exercise in futility.

Play what you play, and be proud of it.

:16Bit
Perfect "Post of the year" candidate right here. Paste it to OP and /thread.

F4tal

Noob
If we were to play the best Capcom players in their games we would probably get bodied because the majority of the NRS community plays MK titles and now Injustice.

If we were to play them in MK9 when everyone was both sides were in their prime I could see the teams being like this:

Team NRS:
Perfect Legend
REO
DJT
CDjr
Pig of the Hut

Team Capcom:
Justin Wong
PR Balrog
Chris G
Floe
Fchamp (Even though I don't think he even played, he would probably assume he would body us because he's good at Marvel.

Now if we were to play a 5v5 in Injustice I would see the teams being this:

Team NRS:
Jupiter
Theo
SonicFox
ForeverKing
LORD MENOUTIS

Team Capcom:
PR Balrog
Floe
Chris G
Gridman
Fchamp (Sinestro DAWGGGGG)

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
keeping it 100, these guys have way more tournament experience than the overwhelming majority of NRS players. theres no reason to get butthurt over them being better overall fighting game players

TKB

Noob
This thread has troll written all over it... Surprised by all the serious replies. Lol

TIC3R

Noob
This thread is dumb. Who is anyone to judge superiority of individuals simply by the games they play. I'm sure many nrs game players do feel that way I'm also sure many cap com game players feel that way. No matter where you go you will find ego's. But in the end superiority can not be judged by the difference in games.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
What is better, MK or SF? This question has been going on for over 20 years. Why? Because of the Block Button. SF fans always, always, always bash the argument that back to block is better. I love MK. I love Block Button. I play SF...... BUT I do not bitch that SF should have a Block Button. Why can't people ( Scorpion voice ) Get Over It!

Northern Slasher

Heads or Tails X
if you wanted to embarrASS our community, sure.
I really don't think you are the kind of person who is any sort of position to be calling out individuals for being an embarrassment. PL has done more in MK9 than i'm confident you will ever accomplish in NRS games as whole past present and future. Get over yourself.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Everyone is comparing apples and oranges. The truth is that Capcom games have undergone minor iterations for decades. If you've been playing more or less the same games for years, you'd also probably be good enough to add side games to your arsenal.

SF4 is an iterative improvement on previous SFs, as is MVC3 on MVC2. Which was an iterative improvement on Marvel vs. Capcom. Which was born from X-men vs. Street Fighter... Etc. Imagine if people had been playing versions of Injustice since 2000. Instead, we went from classic MK to MK3 (which had all kinds of system changes) to MK4, to the modern 3d MK era, to MK9 which was a new hybrid, and now to Injustice which is a totally different game.

If we'd been playing iterations on Injustice or MK9 for the last decade, squeezing every last drop out of the game's fundamentals, we'd probably be leaps and bounds better at it than anyone else. Just like the people who have been playing Tekken forever. Instead we have a game that was literally a completely different type of 3D fighting game (and somewhat of a broken mishmash) 2 iterations ago.

In addition, while SF stayed in arcades, MK made the transition long ago to home systems; which means that the highly competitive arcade culture (and the conversation of tech and ideas from Japan's arcade scene) that created the current Capcom environment did not exist in our scene for a number of years. There were a few hardcore devotees and that was it.

(Again not that it would have mattered as much, because the game completly changed with MK9 anyway).

So the moral of the story is that people need to stop comparing these scenes like they're equivalent or are somehow built from the same type of resources as each other. They are 100% different worlds, and trying to equate them is an exercise in futility.

Play what you play, and be proud of it.

:16Bit
Exactly 100% this. Why do people seem to not realize this? There should have been no other replies after this one aside from "QFTs" and "/threads".

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
If Anything we could argue that capcom games are far more scrubby than nrs games.

Lets compare
SF4 comeback mechanics.
MK9 doesnt.
SF4 has FADCs into ultras for safe 40-60% damage.
MK9 doesnt.
SF4 you can mash dps and reversal moves in between block strings.
MK9 you have to properly counter poke to get off pressure and its really hard at a high level.
SF4 u can throw tech and block and the same time.
MK9 you can not.
SF4 is very option select heavy and vortex heavy.
MK9 no so much tho still a bunch of unfair shit still present. Nothing that couldnt have been fixed with a few patches.
Etc etcetera . I'm sure there is more but I cant think of more right now.