What's new

Why do you main/play Kabal?

Lulzlou

Noob

I was curious to see why others do play him so I made this trendy thread. Even if its just for casuals or in tournament play.

Before MK9 I haven't played any MK since the sega genesis and that was years ago. I played only Kung Lao and Kabal during that time. Keep in mind I was only around 4 or 5 so I had no idea what the fuck I was doing. I haven't touched a fighting game since then besides the Subzero MK for the PS and DOA4. I only played DOA4 for a few days. I strictly played RPGs and Shooters for a while, I never saw the point in fighters until recently.

Kung Lao and Raiden were the first 2 characters I picked up. Kung lao was because I played him a long time ago. I played Raiden because I had a fear of lightning growing up but I love it now, plus I have a thing for those rice hats. I did notice and tried to pick up kabal but I didn't understand fighting games at the time so I decided to not pick him up.

After a month of getting the whole scene I wanted to pick up a new character so I posted in this character roll thread. I was given kabal, sonya and quan chi I think. I decided to go with kabal. I did have Tom's living guide so I was reading stuff off of there. At this time I didn't know he was as good as he was. A few offline buddies suggest I watch videos of recent kabals like Reo. After the first video, I fell in love. I watched tons of videos by Master D, Reo and Erik Warda. I pretty much learned kabal by those videos and frame data, that's it lol.

It has been a long and bumpy road to get where I am now. I played pad at first but FlipinFlava was selling his hitbox so he offered me to try and see if I would want to get into it. I loved the technicality of it so I decided to go with it. Anyone that played with me online and offline can say how much I struggled but I'm not afraid to call myself a kabal main now :]

I wrote too fucking much, damn adderall lmao

Skitzo

Noob
He's been my favorite character since umk3. I saw REO & Erik Warda play him & i fell in love with his playstyle. He's just so fucking fun to play. I love the idea of always doing inputs with this character, never gets boring. & because i love BBQ.

I play him because he's been my favorite character since MKD and MKA. My friend taught me some combos online and I thought I was the shit, lol.

His overrall concept is awesome and In Mk9 I felt he was coping with becoming a "Mutant" if you would, and didn't know what to do. NRS really fucked him in the story..

I also liked Kabal in MKT because he was an original character. He wasn't just a palette swap like half of the cast. (Reason why I say MKT and not UMK3 is because MKT was my first MK game. I still main him in UMK3 too.

I absolutely LOVE his second costume in this game, both colors are amazing. It screams MK3 to me. I love tag teaming Nightwolf/Kabal because it has a huge nostalgia factor for me.

Yep, i've always stayed loyal to the pigtails.

Wow, my bad for sounding like a dumbass with like 4 individual paragraphs. I did it on tapatalk so it looked a lot longer, lol

EDIT: OMG LULZLOU, i'm on adderall too! Dude, it's a sign. lol

Lulzlou

Noob
Wow, my bad for sounding like a dumbass with like 4 individual paragraphs. I did it on tapatalk so it looked a lot longer, lol

EDIT: OMG LULZLOU, i'm on adderall too! Dude, it's a sign. lol
Epic lol, I take it for Adhd-pi. I also take welbrutrin btu that for mild-depression XD
I can't say the adderall didn't help. It helped me stay motivated for sure lol

Nobody will shame themselves by saying 'because he's the best character'.
Well that is part of the reason I kept playing him and decided to go 100%. I'm not afraid to say that at all lol. I just gave my reasoning on why I picked him up.

Because Kabal mainers cant win with anyone else?
Yeah, I probably can't. But oh well, I've practiced enough with the character and i'm going to use him regardless of what anyone thinks.

@Foxy I actually do use him because he's my favorite character. Whatever though.

Lulzlou I know right, it's epic as fuck! lol. I also take it for ADHD. I only started taking it about a week ago though, i've noticed some effects but nothing major. EDIT: I also take prozac for depression and anxiety and shit, lol.

Lulzlou

Noob
Man can kabal have one thread that doesn't have hate on it? lol

Ban kabal and I'll prove it to you I can win matches with someone else. While I wait for that to happen, I'll use kabal because I really don't give a shit anymore.

Lulzlou I know right, it's epic as fuck! lol. I also take it for ADHD. I only started taking it about a week ago though, i've noticed some effects but nothing major. EDIT: I also take prozac for depression and anxiety and shit, lol.
Wait until they put you on stronger adderall. You are going to love it lol

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I used to have him as my secondary, but after seeing what REO is currently doing with him I dropped him. I will never be able to come close to that level..so why defile the character :p

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
All joking aside, I really enjoyed watching Erik Warda's Kabal. I picked him up ages ago, Erik Warda was the first person I seen to do the NDC. (the NDC, not a NDC) Now I meet a Kabal every 5th person or so.

Once I seen REO's Kabal, I quit. Kabal is now a "secondary".

Shady

Noob
Nobody will shame themselves by saying 'because he's the best character'.
Here comes this grand conspiracy about people admitting to that. Yeah, fine, I play him because he's a really good character and I saw that from the time the game came out. But I also play him because he was my favorite since UMK3 and on. So fuck the haters. KUH-BAWL.

I play him because he is flashy and fun. I feel he is a very viable while balanced character. Also I've loved him since mk2...wait this is the reptile thread right? Nm...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Ironheart

I started using kabal again because I like the character and the fact that he is a high execution character, so I enjoy the challenge using him brings. Was considering picking him up on the main basis again until i ran some sets with a friend last night and realized that I need to invest a whole lot of time into him to master some of his more stricter timing NDC strings, so I dropped him down to a casual use character for the time being.

Shady

Noob
Also, can we please approach this situation if judging people for playing a character to win? Especially tourney players. I mean, you spend money to travel somewhere to play something with money on the line. Yeah, I'm not going to put time, effort and money into that and then go to tourneys and play Baraka or Sheeva. Even if Kabal was shit I'd still use him because I like him, but for tourney's I'd pick up a much better character (like my secondary - Sonya).

You can keep blaming people for playing characters "to win" or "because they're good"... Congratulations you've figured it out, competitive players go to tournaments to try and win some money. And they'll use what they can to their advantage. You genius you.

I have loved kabal since I saw his fatality in UMK3 where he takes his mask off lol. I didn't like him at first in MK9 cause I thought his fatalities weren't that cool. Then I saw Michelangelo and Online Tony play and immediately fell in love cause Kabal is a lot like fox from SSBM with the whole technical playstyle. So it became obvious to me that Kabal shall be my man.

circle masher

NRS PLLLLS MORE BUFF AN NERFPS GAME IS UBNALENCERD
I used to love Kabal in MK3 when it first came out on the MegaDrive (not that I was any good at the game). Then when I saw the Kabal trailer in the run up to MK9's release I was like "fuck yeah, so bad-ass". He and Sektor have been my mains since the game came out.

9_Lives

Noob
I picked him up through Erik Warda and REO (are there any recent Warda matches? I feel like he has been under a rock recently. Nowhere on Youtube). I still play him because learning how to execute his tactics has made me a better player. Although getting the right height on IaGB's is a bitch on PS3 controller. I don't main anyone because I'm in main limbo, if you will, so I just play as everyone.

Breaker

~AKUMA~
Been a fan since MK3. Picked him up in MK9 and thought as bad-ass as he is his damage out-put is crap, until I saw REO's performance at Devastation. The difficulty/diversity of this character has increased my interest in this game. If I wanted to win I'd main Cage.