What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Many fans wanted Tanya. We got her. Many many many fans wanted Sektor, Cyrax and Cyber Smoke. They wished that NRS would give us a cyborg with those three variations, but doubted that it was something they would actually do. They did that shit, too. Tremor, a long-asked for character (and also one that seemed like it would never be considered). Got 'em. Bo' Rai Cho, a character in need of a redesign and second chance, also not playable since Armageddon in 2006. They did that one, as well. FOR THE FANS.
Maybe YOU didn't get what YOU wanted, but a whole lot of fans did and will. Keep pissing out your eyes because they haven't given you everything, it's hilarious.
That isn't true. If they wanted to give us what fans asked for, that would be Fujin, Rain, Sindel and Noob or something close to that. Nobody wanted guests and there's a huge part of the community that only plays female chars for some reason. Now sure, the cyborg was a fan made idea so that was probably for them, but just a few wanted Bo Rai Cho (me being on of them), while almost everybody wanted the 4 chars I mentioned before.

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
So, I'm already thinking about a KP3 and if it will be, it must be a really huge disappointment so I have a theory:
- the first character need to be an horror icon that very few of us really care. So, he could be Freedy (so Freddy vs Jason), but we already have Freedy as DLC in MK9 so I say Mike Myers.
- the second character need to be a story mode character but, because Fujin is the one that all of us want, he will not be in and he/she could another cameo like Sindel, Rain, Nightwolf, Kabal, Frost and Li Mei. Sindel, Rain, Nightwolf, Kabal and Frost are too much cool, so I say Li Mei.
- the third one need to be a looking good character that we desire (like Tremor) so I say Shang Tsung.
- the fourth one need to be a bomb seller in a popular movie that can be used in a VS like Alien vs Predator.
Because Predator fight against Arnold, but Arnold alone isn't enough, I say T-800 Terminator.

Bem... KP3 will be Mike Mayers, Li Mei, Shang Tsung and Terminator.
A really huge disappointment that will sell a ton.
NRS give me a job.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Injustice Scorpion had the rare honor of being both of those, in a single game.

From Riches to Rags: The Scorpion DLC Story, coming to a theater near you
LOL!!! Dude you're funny as shit. I was one of the few that knew he wasn't a problem but nope the keyboard warriors won that battle. Someone should do a video series on it and have it star Slips.

Wanna know the kciker NRS had the balls to release the fucker on my Bday of all things. I was so fucking piss.

The problem is that because of fatalities, the guest characters have to be from slashers/horrors since it wouldn't look right if say someone like Ryu (dumb example I know) was ripped apart. As a result, guest characters simply do not work and here's why:

-These characters are not fighters, they don't know martial arts. The closest to a fighter out of all of them is Predator, which is still a stretch because its not like you see him doing martial arts in the movies. They just pop up from behind the corner and stab you once and your dead.

-These guys don't talk, which takes away a lot of the energy a fast-paced fighter has. Shouting out gibberish for a special or a short 1-liner in between rounds keeps the flow of energy going during the match. Also the Jason vs Jason mirror is really awkward to hear.

-Not a fan of any of these movies but I assume people don't watch these horrors for the characters. I'm a fan of the grudge, but its not like I have any attachment to the character, in fact its a different ghost every movie. Horror movies are just there for scare value. We've always daydreamed about having super powers or being able to kungfu the shit out of anyone, but do people ever want to actually be a dude who wears people's skins and murders with a chainsaw?

I made a post about it before MKX came out and I got lots of backlash but I'll say it again, Mortal Kombat could be a better game without fatalities (but worse for sales). It would open the game to a broader audience (younger and squeamish), save some production value, eliminate a repetitive feature simply there for 'shock value' that adds nothing to game-play, make character personality more consistent (am I supposed to believe that every single character wants to kill their opponent in the most glorified and brutal way?), change the way the public views the game (not as that immature game for gore lovers), and allow better-suited guest characters. Of course they'll keep them for sales, but why do we have to keep fake reacting to fatalities, and pretending that they are not a bore to watch a hundred times over?

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Two guest characters is lame. One or the other would be cool but two is just overkill and underwhelming. I kinda like what they've done with Alien though, could be an interesting mash up. Three cyborgs in one is intriguing enough to make me want to see more. Finally, Bo Rai Cho! Atleast one of my wish list made it. That's the one I'm most excited for.

Overall Score: Bo Rai Cho/10

Emperor Eevee

Learn to take a joke pal!
I knew that a cyborg and Bo Rai Cho were in for sure; I just hand a strong feeling for those two. With Freddie being MK9 and Jason being in MKX, it's only fitting that we get Alien since we have Predator. I'm kinda upset that I didn't see Leatherface coming from a mile away. Since he has a new movie coming out, NRS basically did the same thing Sakurai, one of the creators of Super Smash bros., did with Cloud in Smash 4. Cloud has a remake of FF7 coming out, so why not have him as a guest character in Smash? The same applies here with LeatherFace in MKX. It's best for business, but It's obvious that alot of people aren't too happy about.

coolwhip

Noob
Holy shit! I remember when I suggested on the KTF that it would be godlike to have a Cyborg that combines all 3 (one for each variation). First the Tremor petition, and now the KTF has decided what characters make it into the game :DOGE

PS: I have to admit I'm feeling meh about the other 3 characters. Alien alone would have been hype as fuck but because there are two guest characters I can't get too hype about them. Says a lot that people are mostly hype about the Cyborg character. We're MK fans first. That said, guest characters sell best so it's understandable.

PPS: Emo about the lack of Shang Tsung. If he'd replaced Leatherface then this would have been absolutely perfect.

PPPS: Still, Tri-Borg has me hella hard.

Yeah I knew it.
So Alien doesn't talk, Cyborgs have some sort of a computer voice (or something like that) so that's easy to do (No actor needed), Does Leatherface talk???

So the only character that they needed actor for Is Bo?

And that's why there is no chance to see fujin, rain, sindel ,...

HammerZeit88

Just some guy searching for a main
Leatherface is a waste I feel. The other 3 are tight. I like how Xenomorph is born from Baraka so it fits better in a fighting game. Plus we never have to look at Baraka on screen which is a huge plus cause he is my least favorite MK character.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
The problem is that because of fatalities, the guest characters have to be from slashers/horrors since it wouldn't look right if say someone like Ryu (dumb example I know) was ripped apart. As a result, guest characters simply do not work and here's why:

-These characters are not fighters, they don't know martial arts. The closest to a fighter out of all of them is Predator, which is still a stretch because its not like you see him doing martial arts in the movies. They just pop up from behind the corner and stab you once and your dead.
I disagree with this. A character doesn't have to be a trained fighter to be in a fighting game. There are many kinds of fighting styles and I think its cool to explore more than just "I've been training in isolation with ninjas/monks/special forces/Black Dragon for many years, these are my skills". Jason is meant to feel like a character that martial arts and training would do no good against, because nothing can prepare you for him. You can kick him in the face and break his neck over and over, but he will keep coming. He's basically an organic machine with an insatiable bloodlust. On the other side, Leatherface and the Xenomorph should ideally play like some kind of rabid animal. In in their movies, they have no sense or strategy, they are basically just instinctual beasts that run after you, overwhelming you with their speed and tenacity. Finally, I think Predator is a great fit as well, he may not be a martial artist, but he has weapons, can do basic combat moves, and is a master strategist. I think they all fit well into a fighting game.

coolwhip

Noob
The first 6 DLC characters that will be coming to SFV (of course, more will be announced and added later):
  • Balrog
  • Guile
  • Urien
  • Ibuki
  • Juri
  • Alex
Notice how all of these are fan favorites, and Urien, Juri, and Alex are actually the most requested characters for SFV. So all of these are great choices. You can also earn DLC by playing, and NONE of these a Pre-Order bonuses.

The 9 DLC characters MKX has/will be getting:
  • Goro
  • Jason
  • Tanya
  • Predator
  • Tremor
  • Leatherface
  • Triborg
  • Bo' Rai Cho
  • Xenomorph x Baraka
Notice how 4 of these are guest characters that are in to just promote other franchises and generate hype across the casual fanbase to cash-in. 3 of these are characters people seem to like but weren't begging for (Tanya, Bo' Rai Cho, Triborg). There was only 2 fan favorites/highly requested characters (Tremor, Goro). Goro was also a Pre-Order bonus to try to generate hype and more money. Yeah...

I appreciate NetherRealm Studios for adding in more characters, but they have to REALLY start listing to their fans. I'm sure that they aren't completely in control and that Warner Bros. is probably making a lot of the DLC/Microtransaction decisions, but seriously. They need to start picking characters people actually want to see, they need to start taking online seriously, and they need to cut the Microtransaction and Pre-Order stuff. I'm crossing my fingers that they will fix and learn from their mistakes in Injustice: Gods Among Us 2. If not, then I give up and I'm just moving on to other titles and will take a break from NRS for a while. I'm really tired of buying games with bad online and a crap-ton of DLC. I love Mortal Kombat (been playing all the games since forever), but everyone has their point to stop. Mine is when the devs start making really bad anti-consumer decisions.

Don't get me wrong though, I still be trying out these new DLC characters. If they get a Premier Tower, then I will try them. If I like them, then maybe I will actually buy the Kombat Pack. If I don't like them, then I won't buy them. At the end of the day, we don't HAVE to buy the DLC, but I would still like NRS to pick characters people actually want and cut out any shenanigans with the Microtransactions, Pre-Order bonuses, multiple season passes (which doesn't even include everything in that season), etc. Anyway, if I don't buy the Kombat Pack then I will still probably buy Triborg because I actually really like that character. Other than that, I will just have to wait and see about the other characters.
You just compared DLC characters to characters who made the initial roster, which makes no sense.

The original MKX roster had all the of the original MK cast, all of which being fan favorites. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, Reptile, etc... Plus Kitana, Mileena, Ermac, etc... Hell, fucking GORO is in the game. Are these not fan favorites? How many legit MK fan favorite characters didn't make the game? Noob and Shang? That's about it. Of course, this is TYM, where all of us are hardcore MK fans, so you'll find obscure characters with legit following but that doesn't make them fan favorites.

NRS listens to their fans (see: Tremor, Tri-Borg, etc...), but they also like to make money on the side. I'm not thrilled with KP2 but acting like this is a gigantic inexcusable sellout that defies belief and drawing bad analogies is baffling.

Last edited:

Noob
We got our Xenomorph bro. I am so fucking hype.
Interesting tho, is that really an Alien or Baraka in an Alien Suit??? that worries me a lot, i Love alien so freaking much and honestly its a godsend Alien vs Predator in a fighting game, ohhh one could only dream... But I really hope he "fights" like an Alien would in most of his variations and not Baraka....

I get the feeling this is the Rejects KP, Leatherface seems to be in mostly because WB pushed for it, and honestly did anyone actually want him??? Bo Rai Cho does have some fans but overall its probably the lowest requested character out of many so it feels wierd he was the one picked, I dont mind him, not a particular fan of him tho... Now to the "good" stuff, Tri-Borg looks cool but at the same time i get this feeling that something weird is happening with this character... Its like NRS was like, ok they want a Cyborg in the game who can we use?!?!? Well They want all of them so why not just make this Mixmash of a Cyborg instead of creating an original Cyborg with all their powers.. i dunno im very exited for him but he feels weird with the color changing and his design seems bland... now for the Tarkalien, oh how i cant decide how i feel about this... on one hand ALIEN OMFG ALIEN ALIEN ALIEN ITS ALIEN.... on the other hand, wtf is wrong with this alien, has he been to the gym instead of being the most dangerous alien organism in the universe, and whats with the overgrown forearms??!! ohhh its Barakas Blades, well that looks stupid on a Xenomorph... i just dunno i need to see him play before i can decide how i feel...