What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
The thread you are about to see is an account of the tragedy which befell a group of thousands of TYM members and fellow Mortal Kombat fans, in particular, @Youphemism and his invalid fellow scotsmen, @Scott The Scot. It is all the more tragic that they were Fujin fans. But, had they been very, very long time MKX tournament players, they could not have expected nor would have wished to see as much of the questionable and non canon MKX DLC characters as they were to see that day. For them an idyllic MKX DLC announcement had become a nightmare.

The events of that day were to lead to the discovery of one of the most bizarre DLC Kombat Pack announcements in Mortal Kombat history, The TYM Kombat Pack 2 Massacre.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
The thread you are about to see is an account of the tragedy which befell a group of thousands of TYM members and fellow Mortal Kombat fans, in particular, @Youphemism and his invalid fellow scotsmen, @Scott The Scot. It is all the more tragic that they were Fujin fans. But, had they been very, very long time MKX tournament players, they could not have expected nor would have wished to see as much of the questionable and bizarre MKX DLC characters as they were to see that day. For them an idyllic MKX DLC announcement had become a nightmare.
Bro, you think I'm disabled?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The thread you are about to see is an account of the tragedy which befell a group of thousands of TYM members and fellow Mortal Kombat fans, in particular, @Youphemism and his invalid fellow scotsmen, @Scott The Scot. It is all the more tragic that they were Fujin fans. But, had they been very, very long time MKX tournament players, they could not have expected nor would have wished to see as much of the questionable and bizarre MKX DLC characters as they were to see that day. For them an idyllic MKX DLC announcement had become a nightmare.

The events of that day were to lead to the discovery of one of the most bizarre DLC Kombat Pack announcements in Mortal Kombat history, The TYM Kombat Pack 2 Massacre.
What the fuck......lol. Scott's a Smoke fan, not a Fujin fan.

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I'm gonna go out and say a lot of people are thinking the same thing which is somewhere along the lines of:

Leatherface is killing my hype for the other 3 characters
See I agree with Calf here. Leatherface literally feels like a WB shoe-in. If you couldn't get Jason right, what makes you think this will be any better?

In fact, I have come to accept that if there was just Pred and Xenoraka alone? I would be hella hype. But the horror characters have been beaten to death.

It's not so much NRS hasn't done anything for the fans, it's that this is lacking obvious fan favorites. Smoke in this engine would of looked and animated fantastic with the vapor details. You could argue the same for Noob with his Shadow goo and others.

It's just people are getting worn out by the movie character DLC.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Side note:
I bet you anything NRS will reuse the Jason/Predator intro dialogue for Leatherface, and Xenomorph. So it'll be another round of "Who are you?" and "You don't belong here".
Maybe Mileena will say something extra because it's borne of Baraka. Or maybe we'll get Sigournya Blade and she's all like "get away from her you bitch!"

Horror pack 2 better be just as good as 1.

kantboy-2

Ripper
Leatherface for the casual horror crowd.

Bo Rai Cho for the hardcore MK crowd.

Cyborg for Ketchup/Mustard and the Europe scene.

Hybrid for the Hype crowd.

Bravo, NRS, bravo.

Calling it now; Horror Pack 2 - Creature (as in Frankenstein) Ferra/Torr, Cannibal Kotal Kahn, Alien D'Vorah.

NRS; GIVE ALL KOMBAT PACK 2 CHARACTERS 2 FREAKING SKINS AT RELEASE! Thanks. ;)

Leather Face and Alien really? Bo Rai Cho I can deal with since I played enough of MKD and MKA back in the day and the new Cyborg looks interesting. But seriously though, two more guests again, which you can clearly see Ed Boon written all over it, since he is big fans of the films.

It's MK and the fans want MK characters and we already had Jason and Predator, so why not put in fan favorites of Fujin, Shang Tsung or Baraka for example.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Calling it now; Horror Pack 2 - Creature (as in Frankenstein) Ferra/Torr, Cannibal Kotal Kahn, Alien D'Vorah.

NRS; GIVE ALL KOMBAT PACK 2 CHARACTERS 2 FREAKING SKINS AT RELEASE! Thanks. ;)
Nah, Alien Queen D'Vorah will be in the Alien skin pack along with Sigournya Blade (ala Jax Weathers) and android Erron Black.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
2. This game needs kabal. It's not competitive mk if kabal isn't in the game and S+++ tier :(
I can't even take this game serious anymore, lost interest in playing competitively, the game mechanics are not helping either with cassie hitbox, random blockstuns, safe disjointed hitboxes NJPs, Kotal's J1, very few stages, the random one doesn't even pick the alternate stages, bad netcode, and fucking region locked play and DLC unlock.

Down 2

Noob
Even though Leatherface is the definition of anti hype I'm going to be that one guy that says maybe he isn't so bad, I mean a crazy dude that fights with a chainsaw seems pretty badass in MKX and he even sounds like a play style I would play. I know it's hard to since other characters got snubbed but I'm just saying he could be pretty awesome gameplay wise.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
(Still not believing how tragic it is. The most ridiculous event in KP2, even worse than the announcement of an announcement situation, sorry I just can't come here in a bright mood for this).
Aww papasito, it's really not that big of a deal. It's just a game and a stupid decision by the devs. Stand your ground and don't buy it!

Even though Leatherface is the definition of anti hype I'm going to be that one guy that says maybe he isn't so bad, I mean a crazy dude that fights with a chainsaw seems pretty badass in MKX and he even sounds like a play style I would play. I know it's hard to since other characters got snubbed but I'm just saying he could be pretty awesome gameplay wise.
You're not the first to say Leatherface might not be bad. I think you're the third, actually.