What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

Stevie Steelz

I break muthaf****s...
I think anyone who didn't expect Bo' Rai Cho in this second Kombat Pack is in denial. Leatherface is the one who thread should be made about.

*Sidenote*- Why the hell do/did people want Michael Myers in this game? He's bland as fuck, Jason is a better chaarcter (in my opinion) and since we already have Jason (who has shown way more variety in appearance as well as how he kills people), I don't know why they would even consider adding another slasher who is similar to the one they have now.

I'm totally fine with Boring Chode so long as:

1) we get another balance patch to go with this (pretty much guaranteed already).

2) we get an extra patch sometime after this to fix the inevitable issues with NRS adding poorly balanced DLC (again)

I honestly think I would be easier to say who would be worst from the MK cast. Shit tiers same or as bad as Boraicho: Hsu Hao, Daegon, Dairou, Kira, Moloch, and Taven. All others are better than that piece of shit.

ErMac333

Noob
Only ones I'd take before Bo are Fujin, Reiko and Sareena. Other than that, I'm fine with Bo alone since NRS has lost the guts to make risky choices for their fans and instead decided to develop for casual safe money.

Lots of people wanted bo didn't they? I personally think he's dumb, but not mad about the inclusion. At least he's an MK character.

rename thread to "better choices than leatherface" plz.

NRS probably didn't want leatherface either. Most likely a WB decision. It's a bad one, but it is what it is. They aren't taking out stupid things regardless of the consensus here.

So, instead of leatherface? uh.. Every MK character that isn't playable yet. kthx

meh, Sektor better be bad ass. Tr-borg better not have the same normals across all variations and static specials. They need to be completely different from each other to be recognizable as what we're assuming they are.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I started playing him, and I like him. I guess the problem is that as he is, he doesn't fit in with MKX's dynamics.
Exactly. I like him a lot, but he feels like he is completely out of place in this game.

I'm sure he is going to get some buffs/fixes, but I doubt they are enough to get him out of the trash tier group.

AU_JUST_LOST

You just got Skadoodled
So kp2 was announced last week and honestly, I'm not too bothered by the characters with the exception of leatherface. I know that some are fine with it and that's cool, but I SERIOUSLY don't think its fair to those who have been begging for chars such as fujin, rain, sindel, smoke, noob, etc. These are the chars that seemed to be the most requested by the community and it saddens me to see them be replaced by a character that no one asked for. It's annoying that netherealm prioritized personal reasons over the desires of those who paid money to make mkx the success it is today. Another thing that frustrates me is that a certain someone in the fgc seemed to have a heavy influence on which chars actually made it in as dlc. Regardless of that, because there was such a backlash with leatherface being one of the kp2 chars I think netherrealm should do something. Now, to many I may sound ungrateful, but I am actually truly grateful that netherealm is making a kp2 AND they went through the licensing troubles to make chars like xenomorph and leatherface playable. It's nice that they are keeping the game updated so we always have something fresh to play. I(as well as the rest of the community) however do pay money for this dlc and would have really liked to see another char that was heavily requested in the place of leatherface. What's done is done though and he's already being worked on so replacing him isn't really an option, However I do think that netherealm should at least consider adding another char to kp2. I think they should open a poll and add the most commonly requested character, to maybe compensate for the rage induced from many when leatherface was revealed. The main reason people are mad is because leatherface potentially took the spot of one of the characters that WAS heavily requested, not because he is in the game. If they do this it'll make him seem like a "bonus" kp2 char and the community can feel like they have a little more influence on the decisions made for a game that they put so much time and money into. Anyway that's my proposition and I may add a poll later just in case netherealm does see this message so they can get an idea on who the community truly wants.

Narayan

The Edenian Assassin
I don't know if adding one character is possible, especially considering that character should be Fujin due to the requests, since they preferred to go with BRC/Triborg instead. They will most likely save him for the next game. I could see them making more content until the next installment if Injustice 2 was not in the way, but if they make a sequel of it, they will give up on MKX's support after all kp2 content has been released

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
NoRaiCho deserves equal blame.

Adding one of the least requested characters "just because", while people practically beg for months for highly requested ones stings just as much as two extra guest.

Agilaz

It has begun

Adding one of the least requested characters "just because", while people practically beg for months for highly requested ones stings just as much as two extra guest.
At this point it's safe to assume that those who didn't make it in are being saved for the next MK. There really is no reason not to include Fujin after all the opportunities they had AND the amount of requests for him.

Whatever, I'm happy with Tri-Borg, though I can't believed they actually settled on that name.

Eh, I disagree with that. Bo' Rai Cho was actually pretty heavily requested, maybe not as much as the others, but I feel like he was a really good choice. I'm definitely biased because I love the character, but you can't deny his requests. I don't particularly care for Tri-Borg aside from the Smoke variation, but i'm not complaining because he was very requested as well.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
I'm just interested on how they changed Bo' Rai Cho.

I'm assuming he'll sadly keep the farts and vomiting, but the more serious tone definitely clashes with his former appearances.