What's new

Who's Next? Leatherface, Xenomorph, Bo' Rai Cho & Tri-Borg Are Koming to MKX in 2016!!

The cyborg is ill! Great job on that NRS.

Bo Rai Cho was pretty good in MKDA. I remember Tom Brady getting down with him.

However, why the guest characters? I don't mind alien, but Texas chainsaw??? Y'all really dropped the ball with this one.

So many great MK characters to choose from:
Sindel
Noob
Rain
Baraka
Havik

Last edited:
Is the hivemind aspect in canon films or in an extended universe work? I don't recall that at all.
It was in the second film when we learn there is a Queen. Riply threatens to burn some eggs as she tries to escape the nest with Newt and the Queen orders two workers to stand down.

The rest is mostly novels, games and comics.

Sk8Noob

Noob
Just to throw my two cents in:

1) It's been said a bunch of times in the thread already, but guest characters sell more than normal MK characters, NRS is owned by WB who likes to make money, hence Leatherface and the Xenomorph.

2) My guess (and I'm sure I'm not going out on a limb here) is that Smoke, Cyrax, and Sektor are going to be completely unique, with their own combos, moves, and fatalities. A Sektor flame-thrower fatality would make no sense if the Cyrax variation could do it. Unless they go the super-general route and do really bland, universal fatalities that all 3 could do, but I'd like to think NRS would go the extra mile in this case (they've had plenty of time to work on these).

3) This leaves Fall 2016 open for a KP3 with the story characters (Fujin, Rain, Sindel, and Li Mei is my guess). Hopefully this is pure fan service and will be free (LOL) and then they'll move on to Injustice 2.

4) I get that people are upset because X fighter didn't make it in, but to everyone saying they're gonna quit playing the game and hate NRS forever, please stop being drama queens. No one's forcing you to buy this and the base game is already excellent.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'm hyped. I was iffy on the barakalien hybrid thing, but after thinking about it some, tons of potential.

Cyborgs? Yes x3.

Bo? Again, a ton of potential. He could possibly be a hell of a lot of fun. Time will tell.

Leatherface? Couldn't care less, but just because ONE character out of the three isn't exactly what I wanted, I'm not gonna shit a chicken and not be hyped about the other characters I do like.

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
I did not expect everyone to be whining in here like some Tom Brady bs. If you wanna bitch about not having Sindel or Baraka just go play MK9. "B-b-but no female!" Go soften up your starchy anime pillow with those tears. All these characters look dope except Leatherface. Sure Fujin or Noob would've been rad, but we're getting 4 more characters and 3 of them look awesome. NRS gives us 8 dlc characters and these kids act like they're owed a personal favor from Ed Boon. Fuck
People who bitch about people bitching are just as bad as the people who bitch.

As expected an all time low hype for a season pass from actual MK fans. Frankly besides Cyborgs this shit is terrible lol, MK straight twerkin for those extra casual bucks...shoulda called it ThotPass.

Whatever its a business i guess, but my personal tastes are outright disgusted. And dont come with "whinning" $#!% if you want 4 guest characters make a damn crossover game.

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
BO RAI CHO - The drunken immortal. I love it (No puking and farting lol). With regard to Xenomorph, It is only cool because the Predator is in it, I hope there is a pure xenomorph variation. 3 cyborgs for 1- awesome.

I HAVEN'T CHECKED THE PAGES BUT I'M OFFICIALLY CALLING THAT Tri-borg will be just Tremor in the sense that he can go switch between his modes and it's variations will be one specializing in each form while keeping the others still viable I would love to see the Cyrax move where they're trapped in his web and some bomb throwing >: )

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I do agree in the sense that if you liked the main game already, this is all added bonuses. That much is true.

So they didn't even bother to show it at TGA huh? Well then.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
i'm excited for the cyborgs mainly. the xenomorph looks interesting. i don't know much about BRC since I didn't play the games he was in, and leatherface? just weird lol