What's new

Who knows their main(s) already?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Hehe, when we did this for Injustice -- about 90% of people changed their assumed mains sometime between Week 1 and the end of the first month :)

Frame data has a way of affecting character loyalty, haha

NoobSaibot

PSN: JP_THUNDA
Noob Saibot..... i know you must be shocked. But i am praying that shao khan will be playable i'd co main the shit outta him

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
My main chars: the most difficult char or at least a char that has shit like Kabal's NDC, a good zoning char, and Reiko if he has his godlike MKA costume, special moves and throw.

GGA Max

An angry aggressive male character.

Possibly baraka.

Shinnok was always my fav but they'll probly make him a lame ass zoner.

I don't understand why more people don't do this. Why would I choose a bad-mid character in a fighting game?
Would you choose a shitty gun if you're playing COD? Go to a restaurant and pick something on the menu because of how
it looks instead of how it tastes?
Unlike gun choice in a shooter, a character in a fighting game offers a much more substantial change in gameplay.

And for the restaurant metaphor, it depends on what you would equate to taste, which is the desired quality. Most would say they want a character that is fun more than a character that wins, in which case tier placement would be how the dish looks, and how the character plays is more the taste, because that is more substantial to the player.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
1. Taven
2. Human Sub-Zero
3. Noob Saibot or Shang Tsung

I'm worried I might not have my first two options. :(

Unlike gun choice in a shooter, a character in a fighting game offers a much more substantial change in gameplay.

And for the restaurant metaphor, it depends on what you would equate to taste, which is the desired quality. Most would say they want a character that is fun more than a character that wins, in which case tier placement would be how the dish looks, and how the character plays is more the taste, because that is more substantial to the player.
What substantial change? You have long range guns, short range guns, bad guns and good guns. Tools that are used differently
depending upon the scenario. What is a character or weapon, but a tool and an extension of yourself ? It's a valid comparison.

I tend to think the dish's "Look" would be how the character actually looks. Plenty of people enjoy playing characters that look "good" or "cool", but are at the same time low-mid tier. I enjoy making my opponents suffer, so maybe that's why I enjoy those characters. Wouldn't choosing a character that tends to lose equate to bad taste then? If that's the case then the tier list is a reference point to what tastes the best and would probably be in the "Specials" part of the menu. Now, I'm gonna stop philosophizing and get something to eat.

LEGEND

YES!
which ever one of the 15 or so characters i love happens to be the best (hopefully Sektor)

Fuck character hopping and playing low tier this time around

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I don't understand why more people don't do this. Why would I choose a bad-mid character in a fighting game?
Would you choose a shitty gun if you're playing COD? Go to a restaurant and pick something on the menu because of how
it looks instead of how it tastes?

I pick the characters that I think are fun to play as, because they're the only ones I'll put the work in to get better with. I think I'd actually be better overall with a mid tier character that I explored and played with enthusiasm than I would with a high tier character that I picked solely to win games. That's just me, though. Plus I hate playing mirrors, and it seems like the high tiers make up the majority of the people I end up playing

I pick the characters that I think are fun to play as, because they're the only ones I'll put the work in to get better with. I think I'd actually be better overall with a mid tier character that I explored and played with enthusiasm than I would with a high tier character that I picked solely to win games. That's just me, though. Plus I hate playing mirrors, and it seems like the high tiers make up the majority of the people I end up playing
I hate mirrors in this game with a vicious passion, but nobody in my state or online clan plays Black Adam except me lol