What's new

Who is the Worst?

Who is the least competitively viable character in the game?

• Lobo

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • Lex Luthor

Votes: 33 21.4%
  • The Joker

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Shazam

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Other (Name him or her)

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

ThatPinkKid

The Underdog of the Century
Bane or ares should be up there instead of shazam imo.
I understand putting Bane in there, but Ares? I main Ares and (not to toot my own horn) but i'd say i'm pretty good at this game. He's no god tier but he get NO love whatever

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
Bane, Superman, Black Adam, Batgirl (53%), Flash, Batman(53%), Sinestro w trait, Shazam w Trait, Grundy, Harley...even Cyborg has crazy damage in the corner for fucks sake.

Stop talking about corner damage, that's stupid, almost all of the cast has great corner damage. All the "gimmicks" you think you're talking about are crap. You're painting him like he's mid tier, when he's not...
Either you cant read or you have no idea what meterless is....

ThatPinkKid

and im sure the people who main bane say the say thing about him.
Makes sense. Looking at it at a more unbiased angle... Ares has a lot of tools at his disposal, people just dont know how/when to use them. With Bane, he's basically a hunk of meat. You run in, and start throwing elbows. If you're good with him, great! But how many Bane players do you see? How many of those choice few are actually a REAL threat? (No offense) Me personally, Bane feels very clunky and his trait is more annoying to keep up then helpful. But thats just me

Breakin Wordzz

Trait =/= meter..
O my bad i thought trait was called a trait i didnt know that you could spend your trait when you clash. i guess that was my bad. But without the trait ares still gets 50% meterless. His midscreen damage is about the same as superman's

ThatPinkKid

O my bad i thought trait was called a trait i didnt know that you could spend your trait when you clash. i guess that was my bad. But without the trait ares still gets 50% meterless. His midscreen damage is about the same as superman's
Except that Superman is bullshit and WAY too easy to spam with

All the people saying Lobo is trash are mostly ignorant people who probably barley uses him. He has bad MU's but people only follow what guys like REO and Tom Brady says. He isn't tourney viable but he's better than what most people think.

ThatPinkKid

All the people saying Lobo is trash are mostly ignorant people who probably barley uses him. He has bad MU's but people only follow what guys like REO and Tom Brady says. He isn't tourney viable but he's better than what most people think.
I tried using Lobo and, to be honest, I really tried to learn him but his moves were so awkward for me. And plus, the only people ive played online that use him spam the grabs which puts a really taste in my mouth.

I tried using Lobo and, to be honest, I really tried to learn him but his moves were so awkward for me. And plus, the only people ive played online that use him spam the grabs which puts a really taste in my mouth.
He has tools, but he has to deal with a lot of bullshit. He has a useful ambiguous cross up, he can reverse wake ups, and he can do a lot of damage and a lot of options. His AA D2 and 3 are pretty good too.

B12, and 21 can really open people up.

Breakin Wordzz

NO WAY YOU JUST COPIED MY AVATAR!!

To the people that believe Shazam is better than Lobo

Let's see what Shazam and Lobo have. Both have fairly shitty jump arcs. Shazam's forward dash is kinda fast and covers nice distance. Lobo's dash is very fast, recovers fast, and avoids high attacks. Lobo also has an armored attack that travels a far distance, and when it lands, we get an oki situation. Shazam has torpedo, but is full combo punishable by a portion of the cast.

Lobo: 2

Shazam: 0

Wakeups. Clearly, Shazam wins in this category, since he has advancing and eluding mercury. You basically have to guess which invincible teleport will come out and try to punish with either a back jump 2 or a move that will beat eluding mercury. Lobo's wakeup options have a very low amount of invincibility frames.

Lobo: 2

Shazam: 1

One of Shazam's main tools in his offense is 22. This is one of his tick throws that lead into the mixup of stand command grab/low grab/torpedo. However, 22 is interruptible by reversals or you can simply backdash out of it before the 2nd hit. So, this is not a true frame trap into either of those options, given your amount of reversal options. Lobo, however, has d1/12/21/b2u1 xx czar toss for true frame traps into the czar toss. Even j1 works for Lobo's case. Lobo has true frame traps into his command grab, which leads into the safest oki setup in the entire game and 38%, while Shazam has a "frame trap" with his 22 mix-up that is avoidable by virtually the entire cast and leads to around the same damage for a less safe oki situation.

Lobo: 3

Shazam's trait has been very controversial. It's been dubbed as trash, some think it has some untapped hidden potential OHKO factor about it, and some think it's just fine for his character. In case you don't know, his trait increases the damage of his punching attacks by a substantial amount. The issue with this is, some of Shazam's better strings are with kicks (22, F12 as examples). So, the trait gives you huge damage payoff in exchange for limiting your combos. Lobo's trait is another controversial thing about the character. If you were to visit the Lobo section, I guarantee you that it'd be impossible to go through it all and not see at least 5 posts in one thread detailing how it should be fixed for him in different ways. However, as his trait currently stands now, it's very strong for Lobo's character. An example of this is shown when you use trait low shot and mid-shot. Remember when I said that 21 xx Czar Toss is a true tick throw setup? 21 is a mid to overhead string. Low Shot is an obvious low hitting attack. When traited, Low shot launches the opponent for B1 xx Czar Toss for full combo, or 3 xx low hook. So, you have a tick throw string that is made into a dangerous high/low mixup that leads to, once agian, one of the safer oki setups in the entire game. Low shot while traited doesn't limit your combo potential like Shazam's trait does. And as for mid-shot while traited, you get a free meaty czar toss situation. So, Lobo's trait is by far scarier than Shazam's.
Lobo: 4

When you think of corner game with Shazam, there's not much to him that's special. The main pro he has with his corner game is keeping you there. All of his bnbs can easily be tweaked by a very small margin so the opponent is stuck in the corner in a hard knockdown situation. But the main problem with this is, you still only need to worry about 22. He has no super fast overhead, he has no dangerous low starter. Lobo's corner game can be defined by 3 moves. 3, Party Crasher, and B12. Wanna jump away or try poking at Lobo? Nope, 3. Get knocked down again. I'll try agai- oh poo, b12 counter poked me and I'm knocked down again. I'll just block lo- WHOOPS, I didn't see that 5-6f instant overhead that also knocks me down. Oh whats this? He's crossing me up and sometimes not by alternating which way he's jumping when doing an instant Party Crasher? I have to react to his few jump frames to recognize which way to block this instant overhead that will splat me and let Lobo do either another Party Crasher/meaty czar toss/b12? Well fuck me running, seems like Lobo has a strong corner game.

Lobo: 5

Shazam: 1.

ouch guys, Shazam is better than Lobo.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
But yes, Shazam should not be up there.
Yeah, he really should. He has almost no way to keep anybody from just jumping away from him, his main ways to get damage are off unsafe, interruptible strings which lead into unsafe, low damage 50/50s. His mobility sucks and his trait is basically worthless, and his tools outside of his 50/50s are just gimmicks in themselves. He's really goddamn terrible.