What's new

Who is the best character for beginners?

i bought my brother umk3 for his 360, but he doesnt know who to start as, all he does is pick liu spam his flying kick and get owned, so i'm asking who the best character is for beginners so he can break out of his flying kick obsession. obviously i see a lot of smoke and usub online, and while smoke is one of my mains he cant stand smoke and i personally was never able to pick up subby (could be because hes very reliant on diagonal motions and my dpad sucks). so post who you started as or who you think would be easy for a beginner to pick up

ill start, i started out with cyrax and kung, and although i was getting wins i still sucked so i moved on to sindel and smoke and although technically i still suck im not nearly as terrible as i was with cyrax and kung

Birkin

Noob
Scorpion is like the most beginner friendly character, with simple combos and the spear, he can be used by noobs easily.

Kabal can also be used by noobs, spin is an easy move and so is the JK - Fireball, he's got an easy pop up into JK - FB.

Tim Static

Adminerator
R.Smoke is good to start with. Simple to learn, tough to master.

I also suggest checking out and serious study the Strategy Guide section of this fine website.

abc ur dead0 said:
Scorp.

Basic Reptile

Basic Unsub.
Basic Reptile is absolutely worthless. The other two pretty much are as well, thats why kabal and robot smoke usually win this.

I say master kabal before anyone, you learn a lot about the game with him.

Sonya. Sindel. Nightwolf. They are great characters and are easy to learn. Some of the best kombos for each of them however take a little practice.

RoGE

Noob
KeanBurke said:
Noob Saibot or Rain, oh or probably Shao Kahn
he means the arcade version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which does not contain bosses or noob and rain.

I recommend you use Scorpion because of his simple combo's and moves. When you are finished with Scorpion, go straight to Human Smoke. :p

Iori9 said:
KeanBurke said:
he means the arcade version of Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which does not contain bosses or noob and rain.

I recommend you use Scorpion because of his simple combo's and moves. When you are finished with Scorpion, go straight to Human Smoke. :p
really, he meant the arcade version??? well fucking duh!, he said 360. I was bullshitting when i said noob, rain and Kahn.

Unmasked Sub-Zero:

Moves:

Freeze D, F, LP.
Rain Freeze: (Direct to the enemy)D, F, HP.
Rain Freeze: (Behind Your Enemy) D, B, F, HP.
Rain Freeze: (In Fron Your Enemy) D, F, B, HP.
Ice Clone: D, B, LP.
Slide: B, (LP+LK+BL)

Basic Combos:

Chain 1: HK, HK, B+HK.
Chain 2: HP, HP, LK, HK, B++HK.
Chain 3: HP, HP, LP, B+HK
Chain 2: HP, HP, LP. LK, HK, B++HK.

See? there´s not big Deal and it´s easy to use. but i prefer to use RoboSmoke is some difficult to use it but once you got the control you could be dangerous

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
MoB Mizz Barbie said:
RoboSmoke cause he is the easiest to learn with

Agreed ^. Especially if you really utilize his invisibility...forget about it lol. :wink:

RoGE

Noob
KeanBurke said:
Iori9 said:
KeanBurke said:

really, he meant the arcade version??? well fucking duh!, he said 360. I was bullshitting when i said noob, rain and Kahn.
It's not like you can tell when someone is being sarcastic over the internet or anything, chill out man :p

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
rzp said:
MKF30 said:
MoB Mizz Barbie said:
RoboSmoke cause he is the easiest to learn with

Agreed ^. Especially if you really utilize his invisibility...forget about it lol. :wink:
aND YOU THINK IT´S EASY TO CONTROL THE INVISIBILITY? for a Noob/Begginer?
Well, it's just one of his moves man. I'm not saying it won't be easy, learning a new game period is never easy at first.

But it is one of Robo Smokes moves that often gets overlooked I've noticed, I'm just saying if I was teaching or trying to teach someone how to use Robo Smoke I would try to teach him about the invisibility move also.

Can't hit what you can't see, always an edge so why not use it?

rzp said:
aND YOU THINK IT´S EASY TO CONTROL THE INVISIBILITY? for a Noob/Begginer?
I have to agree with rzp. People generally think R. Smoke is easy to use since he has an easy 40% combo off the teleport uppercut, but even then that is an unsafe move to begin with and many many people don't know how to use his invisibility to their advantage (most will do a teleport uppercut when they are invisible lol) and even then some will turn back to visible (lmao!) when they didn't mean it. His ground combos aren't very damaging from the ground, but punishers are excellent. I personally think Kabal and Human Smoke are much more suitable for beginners.