What's new

Question Who is responsible for Sub Zero's nerfs?

Who is responsible for Sub Zero's nerfs?

• Anti-Sub Zero zealots

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Johnny Cage players

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Scorpion fan boys

Votes: 7 7.2%
  • Online players/scrubs

Votes: 26 26.8%
  • Tom Brady

Votes: 49 50.5%
  • Others (specify in thread)

Votes: 5 5.2%

• Total voters
Tom supported the reset being taken away WITH THE UNDERSTANDING that all resets would be taken away...
...get your facts straight before you speak.
Caught feels? I know my mk9 history, and I remember pre evo 2011 Tom being adamant that sub zero reset was scrubby and braindead as the prime reason he wanted it taken out. Even then I am 100 percent sure that Tom brady knew Jax and smoke Reset was never confirmed to be taken out, and don't event say smoke reset wasn't known I remember aris on vsm streams discussing the reset with CDjr, so please stop trying to edit history and get your facts straight.

subzero has been nerfed in damage for the most part and the 22 stuff was a huge nerf. but the real nerfs were armor, jax and sonya used to lose against subzero but now they win the matchup. reptile and scorpion have also been given armor or better armor to escape the corner. dash nerf makes it hard for subzero to get in on zoning. skarlet and kenshi being released for dlc added two very bad matchups for subzero in the game.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
So this is actually a conversation that took place right around when this nerf happened that NO ONES know about. We have kept this tight-lipped until now. I feel that everyone here in TYM now is ready for the truth:

Semi Evil Ryu: "Ed Boon won."

Semi Evil Ryu: "NRS's Q/A testing, everything that they worked for...undone. Whatever chance Sub-Zero had of being top tier...dies with his nerf. Ed Boon took the best of him and tore him down. The Sub-Zero community will lose all hope."

Tom Brady: "No. They won't. They can never know what he did."

Semi Evil Ryu: "60% combos? Ground freeze resets? We can't sweep that under..."

Tom Brady: "No. But Ed Boon cannot win. The Sub-Zero community needs its true hero."

*Semi Evil Ryu looks confused at first, but then suddenly looks at Brady with horror and understanding*

Semi Evil Ryu: "You? You can't..."

Tom Brady: "Yes, I can."

Tom Brady: "You either die top tier....or live long enough to see yourself nerfed. I can do those things because I'm not a hero. I got Sub-Zero nerfed. Call it in."

Semi Evil Ryu: "No, you can't! You're NOT!"

Tom Brady: "I'm whatever the Sub-Zero community needs me to be."

Semi Evil Ryu: "They'll hunt you."

Tom Brady: "YOU'LL hunt me. You'll condemn me....set the M2Dave's on me....because it's what NEEDS to happen. Because sometimes the truth isn't good enough....sometimes, people deserve MORE."

*Tom Brady runs off into the shadows*

Sub-Zero Community: "Brady?!......why is he running, Ryu?!"

Semi Evil Ryu: "Because we have to chase him."

Sub-Zero Community: "He didn't do anything wrong! Why, Ryu? Why?!"

Semi Evil Ryu: "Because he's the hero that the Sub-Zero community deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero...he's a silent guardian....a watchful protector.....he is....THE Sub-Zero."

*cue epic Hans Zimmer score*

M2Dave

Zoning Master
When i see M2Dave threads on here, i cant help but get a big smile on my face. Also Tom Brady
I am glad to put a smile on your face.

But why are you fools voting for Tom Brady? This man is a respected member of the community. He is one of the leaders of the community along with JamessMK. Show the man some respect. Damn it.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I think Nrs just didn't realize how Op the ice clone would be in the beginning stages of the game and Tom Brady dominating with him early on didn't help either. Poor Subby.