What's new

Who is planning on getting MKXL?

Are you buying MK XL or are you just getting KP2 and skin packs seperately?

• MK XL

• KP2 and All Individual Skin Packs

• Neither

• I can't, I use PC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
Depends. Is that sick Sub Zero skin for Cassie going to be for seperate DLC? If not then it looks like I gotta buy XL. I will do ANYTHING for a new Cassie skin.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I already have MKX and KP1 digitally, so it makes no sense to buy MKXL. I'll just snag KP2, as long as that puts me in the situation of having everything that's included in MKXL.

Yup , the two STAR Labs costumes were unlocked as well.
Maybe I'm nuts, but I distinctly remember unlocking the Earth 2 Flash skin and I only played the ultimate edition.

And it didn't have any mobile skins, I had to unlock those myself. AND they later threw in a new costume for the PS4 version so the ultimate edition is hardly ultimate.

To answer OP's question I'll buy Triborg, Cho, and wait to see if Leatherface or Alien have good moves/gameplay before getting them. Will probably buy a bunch of skins. I like skins.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Maybe I'm nuts, but I distinctly remember unlocking the Earth 2 Flash skin and I only played the ultimate edition.

And it didn't have any mobile skins, I had to unlock those myself. AND they later threw in a new costume for the PS4 version so the ultimate edition is hardly ultimate.

To answer OP's question I'll buy Triborg, Cho, and wait to see if Leatherface or Alien have good moves/gameplay before getting them. Will probably buy a bunch of skins. I like skins.
Elseworld was the STAR Labs Flash skin. E2 was dlc

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
I don't know if this has been discussed, but will the pit be within a balance patch or included with a character?

And my second question, if the XL version comes out on March 1st, does that mean we'll see characters releasing a week apart?

MrProfDrPepper

NRS, Guilty Gear, and KI, the holy trinity
I mean I get the sentiment, but that's just incorrect, not all hardware is made equally, one of the consoles is simply more powerful.

Not that it matters since both are significantly weaker than a PC cheaper than either of them
Yeah but in the case of mk, they pretty much run the exact same, only difference is resolution which ps4 wins in, but I don't really give a shit about resolution unless it is absolutely god awful. When it comes to hardware it is too close to really matter since both systems can probably run eachothers games fairly well

themanDan

The saw is family
I don't know if this has been discussed, but will the pit be within a balance patch or included with a character?

And my second question, if the XL version comes out on March 1st, does that mean we'll see characters releasing a week apart?
Nobody knows either of those things yet, but I'm guessing the pit will be a free stage for everyone when it drops. For your second question, I'm also guessing that's how it'll be done because they can't really advertise mkxl to come with all the characters without...ya know.....having all the characters. Plus we're seeing a triborg combat cast on sunday, so they should be coming pretty soon.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Mortal kombat ultimate 64dd saggy tits mega bollocks edition xxxxxl with new improved but still shite netcode and a billion skins no one gives a fuck about.
enjoy your evening people.

i´d guess so.
i wonder: what about the other skins not mentioned? like gold scorpion, black ermac skin, ferra/torr skin, kotal kahn skin, the mobile skins and so on.
What about them?

I bet they are MK XL exklusive -.-

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
Does buying KP2 get you everything you missed? So essentially if you have the vanilla copy + KP1, if you get KP2 will you have the XL version?

Edit: just found out the answer to my question...YES.

For those who haven't seen...

Last edited:

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Since they're basically selling kp1 for 5 dollars and kp 2 for 20 I will be getting the digital xl. My roommate has all the dlc characters but I don't so I may as well get them just for the tower diversity.

I can also play a mean Tremor but

Jason, Alien, Predator, Tanya, Leatherface, and bo rai cho mean less than nothing to me.
Uncreative characters and endorsed wb advertisements interest me like the weather in a far off country.

Shame too cause those slots could a been used so much better but what's done is done

what i dont get : they could have released much more content. I cant believe mkx will be complete on the first of march....what about fujin, baraka and sindel? what about more classic stages?

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
With MKXL coming up out March 1st, we should be able to buy/preorder KP2 really soon.

But I wonder why they didn't include any dates in that ad.

Onilordasmodeus

My GT: UncappedWheel82
what i dont get : they could have released much more content. I cant believe mkx will be complete on the first of march....what about fujin, baraka and sindel? what about more classic stages?
Nope.

I was hoping for a KP3, or a Fujin...nothing. IMO KP2 is kind of lacking in the content department, but then again the netcode is a big part of all this.

Doctor Future

Baraka Lives!
Although I do feel your pain (Poor Baraka), I do feel they could always announce future DLC such as costumes or stages as free with patches.

I assume they would be free on the basis that the "komplete" game is out March 1st.

themanDan

The saw is family
Nope.

I was hoping for a KP3, or a Fujin...nothing. IMO KP2 is kind of lacking in the content department, but then again the netcode is a big part of all this.
Honestly, if they get the netcode right, I don't think people will have much to complain about. I mean, sure, it sucks Baraka and all the others probably won't show up, but I would rather get an improved netcode over those characters right now anyway, but that's my opinion.

Last edited:

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
getting KP2 will make it complete for me, but i still feel more content is coming in the future, so I will hold off on XL until I know more for sure.

I will be getting an XL disc down the line if this is indeed the complete edition, but only when it's on sale :p

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
My question is will:
XL PACK

be preorderable?

or will the XL PACK owners have to wait for content to drop down the road...

and the content is dropping on March first

well the good question is, will each DLC character drop weeks before that full pack is available?

obviously MKXL owners will get content quicker than all others.. but is this quick content only associated to XL version owners only?