What's new

Question Who is a Day 1 Doomsday?

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
I always fuck myself over by saying who I'm going to play before I get the game.

But Doomsday and Lex Luthor are the two characters so far that interest me the most. Which is surprising as hell to me. Wasn't expecting to have any interest in either of them but they interest me the most from what I've seen so far.

Also, fuck Superman.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
DD will be my main or second main mixed with Raven, no doubt. I just hope, he's not going to be top tier where every joe blow runs to him or "mains" him like they did KL just to be competitive...(sigh)

Either way, I'm using him. One weakness I noticed about him at least from the vid is with all that armor he's a beast up close no doubt, but looks like you can outzone him IF you pick a good zoning character and can play stay away well. His teleport may stuff that style depending on if it's nerfed or if it can be avoided. I'm guessing from the vid between his teleport head slam and ground pound, he'll have two unblockables? GP I'm sure, but not sure about the other move lol that would make him uber tier between his other moves with armor, AA's etc

I always fuck myself over by saying who I'm going to play before I get the game.

But Doomsday and Lex Luthor are the two characters so far that interest me the most. Which is surprising as hell to me. Wasn't expecting to have any interest in either of them but they interest me the most from what I've seen so far.

Also, fuck Superman.
Yep Doomsday, Lex, and Bane is the group im looking at. Not to set on Bane because we have like 4 seconds of footage of him. So salty that shazam got the fight against DD. Bane was a given for me, but DD and Lex are the last two people I thought id pick up. The only way I see this list changing is if Blue Beetle is revealed.

Mulder

King of Heroes
Doomsday is besides Joker and Harley my favorite villain in the Game. He will defitantly be one of my mains.

I$AAC

Noob
I am in there. I doubt he is a "grappler" in the traditional since he probably only as much a grappler as Jax is.
Also I$AAC you better not curse this character Kano main.

Heh

As long as they don't nerf him to holy hell like they did Kano then we are fine. Besides with my luck they will nerf deathstroke cause that's the character I like the most!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm maining Deathstroke day 1, but Doomsday will probably be my alt to cover bad MU's.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
do people still think doomsday has a divekick?

its the ex shao khans shoulder charge, the ex version also charges downwards, you can see it in the reveal trailer

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Doomsday doesn't have a lot of armor. He has the universal B+3/F+3 meter burn for armor and a meter burn shoulder with armor. His Character Power is not armor.
Ok let me try replying again lol (I forgot about the info embargo).... I see that it is not true armor... that being said can you elaborate on what situations that it will be useful? Also do you have any tips about play style to keep in mind will I play around with him day 1?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
will use Doomsday to cover bad MUs with my zoners

unless the day 1 patch fucks him over, then I guess I'll go to Flash.

Just curious. I for one am hyped as fuck.... all that armor... a dive kick and up shoulder charge... ohhhh ya.
Hell yeah.. I'm not going to say for sure I've decided on a main, but Doomsday just looks like he's gonna be a goddamn bully. Constant pressure and if you make proper reads on when your opponent plans to counter-attack, you can burn right through it with his armoured attacks or trait or whatever.

edit: I see that Tom Brady mentioned his trait isn't armour, but whatever exactly it is, looks like an interesting mechanic.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Doomsday main right here.

Also his trait prevents him from being knockdown, juggled and thrown.
That when activated with corner pressure is stupid.... you get free d1's and pressure for 6 seconds.... Doomsday can do shit tons of damage in 6 seconds.

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Welp, I didn't fuck myself over. As the game got closer to release, I knew I was definitely subbing Doomsday, but was thinking I was probably going to main Aquaman.

I was wrong. Been using Doomsday almost exclusively. The dude is tits. Pressure, pressure, presssssurrrrrrre. Feel like I'm playing Venom again.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I've been playing catwoman for the last week, pretty much sucked with her, switched to DD today and so far really digging him.

King Checkmate

uɐlop sı ʎllɐnʇɔɐ
Doomsday ROCKS.

Congrats to all of you for picking one of the best characters in the Game.

Doomsday. If you don't mind having low combo damage output for some heavy special damage and good pressure. Doomsday is king XD