What's new

Who has morph setups that let me keep my turn that i dont have to spend bar on? Anyone...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sub Kameo. Freeze while still grounded then morph for longer combos, or do it at the end during skull loops. Either way, you finish the combo as the other person and can pressure.

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
Sub Kameo. Freeze while still grounded then morph for longer combos, or do it at the end during skull loops. Either way, you finish the combo as the other person and can pressure.
I should’ve specified by hisself not with an assist

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Not exactly what you are saying but I've been fooling around with combo'ing into morph using one bar of meter for EX skull. My main idea being that restanding as the opponent's character could be pretty cheap.

If you do like

F4121~DF1, 4~DF1, 4~DB1(Close skull), EXDF1, Form Steal...

The opponent juggles right on top of you can you can follow up as the opponent's character, such as

With Scorpion

F4121~DF1, 4~DF1, 4~DB1(Close skull), EXDF1, FDB4, 1~BF1, F3~BF4

I was hoping to lab this hard with Sindel and some other characters but I haven't gotten around to it yet. You can do a lot of different combos with morph inbetween if you give up the one bar for EX skulls. Also can get the same damage buff that EX Injection does by throwing EX morph in there.

If you want to morph and keep your turn, a really easy but not sexy way is to just cut the normal BNB short and morph during the launch of the last fireball.

F4121~DF1, 4~DF1, 4~DF1, F4~DF1, FDB4

Got to be atleast +8

Marinjuana

Actually easier way to get positive form steal after combo is to just end with B223. TBH I thought it wouldn't work based off the recovery of form steal but it's like +10 from what I can tell.

F4121~DF1, 4~DF1, 4~DF1, B223(Wait until they are lower in air) - Does 360 damage or so

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
Actually easier way to get positive form steal after combo is to just end with B223. TBH I thought it wouldn't work based off the recovery of form steal but it's like +10 from what I can tell.

F4121~DF1, 4~DF1, 4~DF1, B223(Wait until they are lower in air) - Does 360 damage or so
Mmmmmmm ok ok

xBlaze_13

Y NO CHAMELEON!?
Not exactly what you are saying but I've been fooling around with combo'ing into morph using one bar of meter for EX skull. My main idea being that restanding as the opponent's character could be pretty cheap.

If you do like

F4121~DF1, 4~DF1, 4~DB1(Close skull), EXDF1, Form Steal...

The opponent juggles right on top of you can you can follow up as the opponent's character, such as

With Scorpion

F4121~DF1, 4~DF1, 4~DB1(Close skull), EXDF1, FDB4, 1~BF1, F3~BF4

I was hoping to lab this hard with Sindel and some other characters but I haven't gotten around to it yet. You can do a lot of different combos with morph inbetween if you give up the one bar for EX skulls. Also can get the same damage buff that EX Injection does by throwing EX morph in there.

If you want to morph and keep your turn, a really easy but not sexy way is to just cut the normal BNB short and morph during the launch of the last fireball.

F4121~DF1, 4~DF1, 4~DF1, F4~DF1, FDB4

Got to be atleast +8
I've been trying the scorpion morh combo out and it's pretty consistent and flashy. I replaced the standing 1 with b2. Easier and does more damage. I managed to do some morph stuff with lao, sub, reptile and Kang with this setup, but there isn't really much that they can add and damage really scales. Biggest issue is that doing a combo like this takes away a lot of time from the morph, so you change back pretty quickly when your opponent wakes back up.

Unpopular opinion: I feel like standard morph should last as long as meter burn morph and meter burn injection should only be one bar.

f4121xxdf1,4xxdf1,4xxdf1,f4xxdb1EX,dbf1,df1,db1,bdf4,and from there you continue the combo with whatever character you morphed in to.

if you are lets say playing vs scorpion and you choose sektor kameo,you can do the above combo and then after morph you do 1xxbf1,3(sektor misslie)3xxBf4,3(sektor missile)3xxbf4,4xxbf2.its super stylish.

Last edited:

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
I've been trying the scorpion morh combo out and it's pretty consistent and flashy. I replaced the standing 1 with b2. Easier and does more damage. I managed to do some morph stuff with lao, sub, reptile and Kang with this setup, but there isn't really much that they can add and damage really scales. Biggest issue is that doing a combo like this takes away a lot of time from the morph, so you change back pretty quickly when your opponent wakes back up.

Unpopular opinion: I feel like standard morph should last as long as meter burn morph and meter burn injection should only be one bar.

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
f4121xxdf1,4xxdf1,4xxdf1,f4xxdb1EX,dbf1,df1,db1,bdf4,and from there you continue the combo with whatever character you morphed in to.

if you are lets say playing vs scorpion and you choose sektor kameo,you can do the above combo and then after morph you do 1xxbf1,3(sektor misslie)3xxBf4,3(sektor missile)3xxbf4,4xxbf2.its super stylish.

DC King

Noob
I think Enhanced Injection (morph) is bugged, it doesn’t work for some reason. I’ve tried Shang’s other enhanced moves and they work with no problem injection is the only one that doesn’t . It also builds more meter on whiff than up skulls or fireballs (17 whiffs will build a bar)
Disregard…forgot it cost 2 bars and I had practice mode meter set to default

Last edited:

UghGetOuttaHere

Number Cruncher. Jack of All Trades.
You can morph off any low poke (or if they are just blocking) by jailing into standing 3~Morph. You're (-7) with fair pushback

UghGetOuttaHere

Morphing off a poke. Poking into specials aren’t real in mk
Did you finish reading the post or assumed I didnt know what I was talking about half way through? Take the poke frame advantage.... jail into standing 3 which you can cancel into morph safely.

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
Did you finish reading the post or assumed I didnt know what I was talking about half way through? Take the poke frame advantage.... jail into standing 3 which you can cancel into morph safely.
What is the point in doing that…. When I can hit you for 46 into a safe morph he plus 11 and force you to hold whatever is next…….. stop with the smart shit bruh because that scrub shit you just told me to do isn’t gonna cut it

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
What is the point in doing that…. When I can hit you for 46 into a safe morph he plus 11 and force you to hold whatever is next…….. stop with the smart shit bruh because that scrub shit you just told me to do isn’t gonna cut it
Why the would I jail a poke into stand 3 and not do 21 or 12 shimmy you and get damage into a morph which isn’t even worth it, your way is definitely not worth it

UghGetOuttaHere

Why the would I jail a poke into stand 3 and not do 21 or 12 shimmy you and get damage into a morph which isn’t even worth it, your way is definitely not worth it
The criteria for your question was morph set-up, dont lose turn, and meterless. My suggestion follows it. You dont have to use it after every single poke or at all. Its still an option.

G82Boost

I Play Raiden
The criteria for your question was morph set-up, dont lose turn, and meterless. My suggestion follows it. You dont have to use it after every single poke or at all. Its still an option.
You don’t have to spend meter… he can get 46 with literally no bar, he can also get 35 with no assist and no bar into a morph. And yes no meter meaning you don’t need to spend bar on the combo not the morph itself…

Marinjuana

I don't know if morphing into minus frames is a winning strategy but it is such a strange mixup that I wonder if you could use it well with certain characters like maybe Havik armors afterward.

S3 does jail into a bunch of options like fireball into kameo or Shujinko apep punch so you could condition it up

As long as this discussion has been going on, you might want to consult the bible:

"And it came to pass that a man did ask, “Who hath shapeshift setups for Shang Tsung in Mortal Kombat 1 that are meterless and leave him at plusframes?” And the answer was revealed unto him.

Verily, the character Shang Tsung hath the power to shapeshift into any character he hath encountered. And it is said that he can shapeshift without the use of meter, and leave himself at plusframes.

And lo, the internet doth contain knowledge of such shapeshift setups. It is written that one may perform a combo of B12, FS (O), S4, DF1, S4, DF1, F4, DF1, F4, DB3 to achieve this end 1.

May this knowledge serve thee well in thy battles, and may thy foes tremble before thee."