What's new

Who are you maining?

The Highlander

There can be only one
I like the aesthetic of Lili, haven't played tekken since tekken 3 or 4 or something. What type of character is she? Any beginner tekken tips besides labbing stuff out?

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I have mained King ever since Tekken 3 and it's not changing now. I like some of his new additions, but of course I still know all of his chain throws like the back of my hand. If you ever play me online, you better know all of the reversals.

Kal

<3
Can't decide which one specific character to focus on the most, but I'm looking into playing Jun, Azucena, and Reina most likely in that order. Jin is also an option as I loved him in Tekken 3 but not so much after that. Him I'll just play to mess around.

i'm leaning towards maining jin, but how in the world are you supposed to do his just frames? you need to input :d:qtr and the button at the same time as the :qtr, but you move there fluidly from :d, so how do i even know when to press the button, as i dont know when exactly the controller shifts from :d to :qtr? i hope that was written understandably.

Zviko

Noob
I tried Azucena but I also tried Jun and I find Jun a lot more fun so gonna stick with her for now.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i'm leaning towards maining jin, but how in the world are you supposed to do his just frames? you need to input :d:qtr and the button at the same time as the :qtr, but you move there fluidly from :d, so how do i even know when to press the button, as i dont know when exactly the controller shifts from :d to :qtr? i hope that was written understandably.
press df and 2 at the same time

press df and 2 at the same time
i'm trying it, i get it 1/10 when it goes well. im playing with a controller and use the thumbstick though.
but anyways, ive decided to main lars. jin seemed rather accessible at first but is actually a pretty intricate character that requires a lot of knowledge.

ItsYaBoi

Noob
Switched to Law, been basically doing all of Arcade Quest with him.

Fucking love the dude. Feel like I'm confident enough to head online with him tbh, got the very core basics down. His power crushes, tornadoes, good lows, heat initiaters etc. Could probably just do with learning some longer combos

Switched to Law, been basically doing all of Arcade Quest with him.

Fucking love the dude. Feel like I'm confident enough to head online with him tbh, got the very core basics down. His power crushes, tornadoes, good lows, heat initiaters etc. Could probably just do with learning some longer combos
i had my first online day today, luckily there are lots of players online who arent better than me :cool:. if you got a simple 50 damage combo and some good neutral tools down, youre good to go.

NHDR

Noob
Steve Fox, but I'm going to sub Paul and Azucena. I'm still getting used to Tekken inputs and movement, but Paul has a lot of Street Fighter-esque motions that make me feel more at home.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
So far i'm really digging Feng. But I cannot find a guide on him. Do people even use him?
Ive used Feng since T5. He's a great alternative to the more popular characters and does massive damage in the right hands.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Im thinking of boarding the tekken 8 hypetrain as well. I only played tekken 5 years and years ago, and remembered liking Yoshimitsu the most, even thought he seemed VERY wacky and with lots and lots of completely useless moves/strings.

Is he a hard to pick up character this time around? In tekken 5 I remember I could just mostly ignore most of the weird moves and just do the 10 hit combos and some sword specials and that'd be enough to win without much trouble - instead of, say, rolling around continuosly taking damage, only to then try set him up in a meditation stance that would take AGES to heal like 5%.