What's new

Who are you maining?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
amazing writeup, thank you. it helped me understand a lot more about the game.

who would you recommend to somemone like me who is alright at everything but execution and enjoys a rather tactical mid-range style?
Mid range i'd say Claudio Serafino, he has amazing reach, and can launch anything due his insane range hop kick, and he is not as hard, but still has a install mechanic that changes the proprieties of his move.

You can also try Jack, but jack doesn't move for shit, but his range it's insane

Mid range i'd say Claudio Serafino, he has amazing reach, and can launch anything due his insane range hop kick, and he is not as hard, but still has a install mechanic that changes the proprieties of his move.
yes i actually liked that guys style even though he looked a bit complex for a virtual beginner like me. but i'll look into him. my other guess wouldve been feng wei. and jack, nah. has always been too big and slow for me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
yes i actually liked that guys style even though he looked a bit complex for a virtual beginner like me. but i'll look into him. my other guess wouldve been feng wei. and jack, nah. has always been too big and slow for me.
Feng is nice as well, I'm looking forward to him on release

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
what do you think about leroy smith? he looks kinda interesting but also a bit of a one-trick pony, seems his goal is always to land the kung-lao-like fists.
Leroy was DLC in tekken 7 he was so cool because we didn't had an original martial arts character in a while, but was executed poorly to sell, as he almost ruined tekken 7 season 3 on release, sure him, fahkumram and Lidia got nerfed later on but the damage was done.

While the style is indeed fresh the character feels very generic, he is basically a better Jin without mishima tools.
Can parry everything
Has a low parry stance, doesn't play around specific goals at all, and even Jin who has everything still plays with goals and require effort and game knowledge since he used to be based around fundamentals, Leroy was just "do shit in the game"

In Tekken 8, he one of the characters I'm least interested into, but we'll we never know, tekken 8 teaches you every character fundamentals starting from the command list now in a very resumed way they show you what your character heat is all about, so you can build the type of game based on it.

Leroy was DLC in tekken 7 he was so cool because we didn't had an original martial arts character in a while, but was executed poorly to sell, as he almost ruined tekken 7 season 3 on release, sure him, fahkumram and Lidia got nerfed later on but the damage was done.

While the style is indeed fresh the character feels very generic, he is basically a better Jin without mishima tools.
Can parry everything
Has a low parry stance, doesn't play around specific goals at all, and even Jin who has everything still plays with goals and require effort and game knowledge since he used to be based around fundamentals, Leroy was just "do shit in the game"

In Tekken 8, he one of the characters I'm least interested into, but we'll we never know, tekken 8 teaches you every character fundamentals starting from the command list now in a very resumed way they show you what your character heat is all about, so you can build the type of game based on it.
thanks again :cool:.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I will begin with Lars, whom I used in Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2. He was weak in Tekken 7 but looks better in Tekken 8.

In order to try someone new, I plan to learn Victor. I hope he plays similar to Noctis, who ended up being my best character at the end of Tekken 7's lifespan.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Dragunov is my main since he was 1st time in the game, so nothing new here, as a side characters - Jun and Zafina(which i really liked in T7).

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
all I see it's tv noice when it comes to him, I never understand shit, easy way to beat me, pick yoshi.
I main him in Soul Calibur, but that skill doesn't translate to Tekken very well :p
Fun detail: I actually found a way to make his flag look like TV noice with the character editor, lol

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I main him in Soul Calibur, but that skill doesn't translate to Tekken very well :p
Fun detail: I actually found a way to make his flag look like TV noice with the character editor, lol
Yoshi is wild, once in the red ranks I encountered one that wipe the floor with me for almost an hour, as soon as i started winning, bro left.

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Not sure who I'll play. I started with Lili in 7, but haven't played her in awhile.
Azucena has the most appeal, but liking a character doesn't mean you get to play them.
Design wise, I kind of thought Reina seemed generic, but I have a feeling I should keep the option open.
Jun looks so cool, I love her overall base look, but she doesn't look like something I would actually land on.

I'll probably never make it out of green ranks or whatever the first color tier is/was so I don't have to worry about much other than "looks cool, button button button"

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I will begin with Lars, whom I used in Tekken 6 and Tekken Tag 2. He was weak in Tekken 7 but looks better in Tekken 8.

In order to try someone new, I plan to learn Victor. I hope he plays similar to Noctis, who ended up being my best character at the end of Tekken 7's lifespan.
Lars is a great choice, his heat its wild and goes all over the placce.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Dragunov is my main since he was 1st time in the game, so nothing new here, as a side characters - Jun and Zafina(which i really liked in T7).
We don't know much about drag yet, the info released it's that he has untechable tackles in heat and can come off some strings while in heat.

As of Jun, her 10 frames are crazy, can control her own health make herself safe off some launchers at the cost of chip damage she can recover later during a heat engaged or hit smash.
Zaf I haven't picked much from, outside of azazel's hand( that's my country new name for m*sturbation) which gives power crush while in heat if she uses azazel moves from it.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Not sure who I'll play. I started with Lili in 7, but haven't played her in awhile.
Azucena has the most appeal, but liking a character doesn't mean you get to play them.
Design wise, I kind of thought Reina seemed generic, but I have a feeling I should keep the option open.
Jun looks so cool, I love her overall base look, but she doesn't look like something I would actually land on.

I'll probably never make it out of green ranks or whatever the first color tier is/was so I don't have to worry about much other than "looks cool, button button button"
Azu cena looks nice, we'll see, I will play reina first thing tomorrow, then Jun

Revy

★ 19 Years of Jade ★
I used to main Nina in every Tekken since 3 & had Bruce as a secondary in later games. In Tekken 7, I got lazy & didn't want to put in the effort into Nina as I haven't played Tekken in 8 years (Tekken Tage Tournament 2) as I got Tekken 7 late (2020) so I stopped playing Nina so I only played Josie, Katarina, Lucky Chloe & at the end I LOVED Kunimitsu II.

As I've been following the gameplay, I would probably play Nina, Victor or Azucena.

Zviko

Noob
I'm a big fan of evasive, counter, parry style of fighting so I'll start with Azucena and see how she is. Will definitely play Jun as well.

kantboy2

Pale Rider
I always play Heihachi in every Tekken game he's in...

So, by what I've seen, it's between Shaheen and Feng this time around since other characters I dabbled with in T7 are not there yet. (Bob/Lidia/Kunimitsu/Fahkumram)

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I always play Heihachi in every Tekken game he's in...

So, by what I've seen, it's between Shaheen and Feng this time around since other characters I dabbled with in T7 are not there yet. (Bob/Lidia/Kunimitsu/Fahkumram)
You should try Reina, she is not Heihachi but it's the closest you're getting unless the gramps becomes DLC

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
To be honest with you, if I pick it up it’ll more than likely be king no question

or the other character who help me learn a bit of the game