What's new

Who are the biggest winners and losers of the patch?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Who are the biggest winners and losers of the patch? What is your day one hot take? What are your observations of what other people on social media are saying?

People are saying that Shaman Nightwolf is a winner because EX spirit tracks enables new combo opportunities while Johnny Cage is a loser because EX forceball in Showstopper and 1,2,4 universally suffer from frame reduction. People are also saying that Sheeva has lots of potential while Fujin has limited tools. People are still undecided on Robocop. #DirtBag #DoNotNormalizeLowGunShotsAgainMr.Garcia

What do you think?

Please post.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
raiden and shao kahn both are the supreme winners. myself as a player, i feel like a winner. attacks and variations i like using all got buffs.
example ~ kollector V3, Lao V3, Baraka V3, erron V2 all variations i like using of theirs.

sindel V3 and Cetrion V1 werent nerfed thats a plus. frost B2/b22 got damage buffs!!!!! this excites me because my frost is centered around b2 staggers and zoning with V3. Kotal V2 and Kano buffs!!!!!

losers, no one really every character is viable. im still upset that we are still not able to Kustomize in tournament/Kompetitive play :(

Last edited:

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's hard to argue that Jacqui wasn't a big winner, since some of her competitiors were nerfed, but she was left fairly unscathed :)

I would also argue that Cassie is a big winner, as she was already in a very solid position before this patch, and gained some fairly significant buffs with Aftermath.

Johnny and Joker are fairly solid losers, as they were both normalized a bit (although the nerfs are still fairly conservative, in keeping with the philosophy so far for this game).

DeftMonk

Noob
It's hard to argue that Jacqui wasn't a big winner, since some of her competitiors were nerfed, but she was left fairly unscathed :)

I would also argue that Cassie is a big winner, as she was already in a very solid position before this patch, and gained some fairly significant buffs with Aftermath.

Johnny and Joker are fairly solid losers, as they were both normalized a bit (although the nerfs are still fairly conservative, in keeping with the philosophy so far for this game).
I am still downloading the patch... the wording on the cage notes is unclear as to if those moves are actually not as plus on block now or if the block stun just doesnt last as long and timing a reversal input feels more natural....Which one is it?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Apologize.

Biggest loser is Scorpion. Was shit before the patch, didn't get anything he actually needs and got a worthless armor breaker that doesn't even work.
What about the additional krushing blow on the back throw, though?

XxTheGoblinX

Le_Supreme_
Biggest loser is Scorpion. Was shit before the patch, didn't get anything he actually needs and got a worthless armor breaker that doesn't even work.
What are you talking about he got a KB on his back throw, his throw game got a lot scarier. But his armor break... I feel like at first glance its garbage but if you look a little deeper it can be really good.
Think about it if he hits an air to air and the opponent breaks away, he has time to use it and get good damage, maybe not every armorr break was made to be used the same way. I could be wrong tho...

Kitana's armor breaker is unusable in Highborn, very situational in Fearless and pretty good in Fanfare.
So that's a way to balance out 3 variations i guess, the weakest one got the strongest buff

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
You cant say scorpion lost, he only got buffed as far as I can tell. Would have been nice to have some details on what some of the changes actually are specifically.

Kb back throw is nice and his overhead is harder to block now. Burning spear and mb 50/50 buffs dont seem worth using to me.

The armor break doesnt really seem to have any application in his main bnb combos. Best I've found so far is off his NJ d1 in misery blade. Someone else mentioned air to airs as well.

Overall the character was buffed but I would have much rather had his old d4 back over a kb back throw and faster overhead.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I would say that depending on the impact the Buffs had on skarlet’s flawless block gaps that she’s a winner. I don’t know about biggest, but a winner for sure.

Jacqui is a winner by omission of nerfs

i think that the tier lists are likely to do shifting within the rows, not moving columns