What's new

Who’s your favourite MK character?

-Sub-Zero-

Sub-Zero enthusiast.
Go ahead and tell me who your favourite MK character is.

My favourite MK character? Well, it’s so hard to guess, it’s such a mystery but go ahead and guess. ;)

My favourite MK character is going to need the Scooby Doo gang to guess it.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Go ahead and tell me who your favourite MK character is.

My favourite MK character? Well, it’s so hard to guess, it’s such a mystery but go ahead and guess. ;)

My favourite MK character is going to need the Scooby Doo gang to guess it.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
I like Reptile, because green is my favorite color (alongside purple), I like reptiles (lizards, snakes, crocodiles, I love how they look and how diverse they are), acid powers are a very interesting concept AND I like how versatile Reptile always seem to play in MK games - super fast, great space control with forceballs, combos for days and more often than not, quite the stylish martial arts movement. My favorite version would be MKX's Reptile gameplay with MK1's outfits.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Kuai Liang Sub-Zero and it’s not even close. He’s a complete badass, eclipsed his older brother as a fighter and as a man. Loyal as fuck, always dependable from coming on the scene to when the timeline got reset. He hits way above his weight class and can throw down with legit anyone, his Lin Kuei made Kotal’s army run like bitches, he’s awesome.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
Are we talking about the monstruous clone twin version or the twin with a completely different aesthetic appeal and temperament version?

also, fuck f.r.i.e.n.d.s
Just joking because they are twins in this version and I remembered that line :p

also, I do like f.r.i.e.n.d.s. but it is super overrated.

Shania Twain

That Don't Impress Me Much
definitely Kitana. Her combos and fans used as a weapon and combos in MK2 were super exciting to me in MK2. I only remember one game where her gameplay was bad.

definitely others are honorable mentions. For example MK1 has probably all of my favs in it but that's a different thread(s).

Last edited:

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
D'Vorah followed very closely by Kitana. I've never seen a character so perfectly encapsulate what I want in a fighting game character more than D'Vorah. Guilty Gear Strive's Testament comes close, but the kytinn queen takes the cake.
  • Hot(?) badass bitch
  • Murderous psycho schemer
  • In it to win it
  • Cool as hell weapon-based, long range neutral tools
  • Unique aesthetic both visually and for her attacks
  • Setup tools
  • Base kit stun state(s) to combo off of
Amazing. 10/10. Queen shit. Love her. Gimme that powerful bugussy in MK1 please.

I grew up really liking Scorpion and Sub-Zero. Loved Scorpion in Mortal Kombat (1992) as he was simply a guy mourning for his family. The fact that he was a dead guy out for revenge made it all that much cooler.

I gravitated more to Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat II since he made amends with Scorpion and wasn't as ruthless as Bi-Han was (of course we didn't know their names yet).

These days, my favourite characters and mains are Mileena/Kitana.

With Mortal Kombat (2011) I started with Scorpion but found I was Scorpion-ed out, and I wasn't keen on how Sub-Zero played in the game. I switched to Mileena as she was widely considered the best character in Mortal Kombat II, and had a fast and aggressive play style. After watching what @16 Bit was doing with Kitana in tournaments, I decided to pick her up and try to learn her, and really enjoyed myself even though I never got close to high level play.

Grinding Kitana kombos and such in Practice actually helped me focus as I was battling my chronic illness at the time; served as a good distraction/focal point, so the character has come to represent resilience to me.

Subby Z

Noob
Kuai Liang Sub-Zero

He just has so much shit thrown at him and he keeps getting back up. Kidnapped as a child from his clan, then loses the only family he’s ever had, his own clan turns his friend (and tries to turn him) into a killing monster. Through all of it he remains an honorable guy and takes control of his destiny. He takes over the very clan that had a hand in practically ruining his life. I just always saw him as a character to look up to as corny as that sounds.

unfortunately I do not have that same feeling with Bi-han. That was yet another reason I did not want to play MK1.

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Kuai Liang Sub-Zero

He just has so much shit thrown at him and he keeps getting back up. Kidnapped as a child from his clan, then loses the only family he’s ever had, his own clan turns his friend (and tries to turn him) into a killing monster. Through all of it he remains an honorable guy and takes control of his destiny. He takes over the very clan that had a hand in practically ruining his life. I just always saw him as a character to look up to as corny as that sounds.

unfortunately I do not have that same feeling with Bi-han. That was yet another reason I did not want to play MK1.
Mythologies Bi-han was cool, though. He is quintessentially a Lin Kuei - not an outright EVIL person, but a skillful assassin nevertheless. He kills people, cold-bloodedly, is a master of stealth and thievery and has superb martial arts skills. He is exactly what I think when the concept of "chinese assassin" is brought up. Still, he has a moral code and goes to the Netherrealm to undo what his foolish actions caused.

Mk1 Bi-han? A hubristic asshole with nothing to back his loud bravado, terrible long term thinking skills (trusting Shang Tsung, really?), bad interpersonal skills (gratuitously offends Smoke, is quick to turn coat to his own brother Scorpion) and generally an imature, cringe manchild.

Icefyre

Shadows
Noob Saibot, easily. Can't beat having shadow powers lol. I still remember the first time I saw my brother get the Noob Saibot fight in MKII, been my favorite character ever since.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
It is a hard question to answer... I'm not sure I can pick a favourite.... maybe a favourite for each era or game even.

I guess over the years, Kano has always been one of my top picks. In the arcades, I thought he had the coolest fatality with the heart pull. So that is who I played back then. Once the story modes started and his character became more defined, I really started to like him even more.

It is an odd question, as I am not sure if I have a favourite. I could definitely name a group of characters I like. Not listing Ashara, Sindel, Reptile, Shang or Jonny fells wrong.

Wigy

There it is...
Cage baby. No surprises given my pic is me cosplaying as him

Fav character design was takeda. All his variations were just cool as fuck

-Sub-Zero-

Sub-Zero enthusiast.
Kano.

Such a scumbag that other bad guys hate his guts. Love it.
One of those type of characters where if you play as, people you play against get mad if you beat them and say ‘you were doing this, that is why you won, using the noob character’?

-Sub-Zero-

Sub-Zero enthusiast.
Never mind, I’m drunk and thought you meant other players get mad if you play as him because that is a thing in fighting games from my experience.