What's new

Whiff Cancel Options to stuff wakeup tactics

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
It doesnt eat up the frames the frames are there regardless. Doing the d1 serves no purpose you could simply delay your special 7frames and get the same result. As i said this is nothing more than an aid for your timing.
I meant that the invincible frames expire after the d1, etc and couldn't think of a good phrase for it:) . Basically trying to explain that which you already iterated.

Call it whatever you want it works. Green Arrow can punish Black Adam's lightning cage wakeup now thanks to this and you can't tell me thats not good.
Couldn't you do this already with proper timing?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wake up attack implies attack teleport isnt an attack. And no Aris isnt right.
It is a wakeup in the sense that you can use it to avoid pressure. It has invincibility like any other wakeup attack even though it is not an attack. It IS a legitimate wakeup in the game since patch 1.03

d3v

SRK
You cant give something that has meaning a new meaning. I cant say car actually means airplane cause im part of the NRS community. Not only do aris and the TCs examples serve no purpose they are labeling this something it isnt. The fact the tc has labeled himself a ground breaker is hilarious.
So what if an SF player tells you that it is an option select, because here's an SF player (from SRK's front page staff no less) telling you that it is. You're getting one of two options depending on what your opponent does on wakeup. It's no different from OS throws in SF2 where you either get a throw or cl.HP depending on whether or not your opponent presses back.

jaym7018

Noob
So what if an SF player tells you that it is an option select, because here's an SF player (from SRK's front page staff no less) telling you that it is. You're getting one of two options depending on what your opponent does on wakeup. It's no different from OS throws in SF2 where you either get a throw or cl.HP depending on whether or not your opponent presses back.

No if they block you get d1 whatever if the wake up attack you still get d1 whatever. 2 different situations same outcome thus not an option select.

d3v

SRK
No if they block you get d1 whatever if the wake up attack you still get d1 whatever. 2 different situations same outcome thus not an option select.
The OS comes from the special cancel. If they do a wake-up attack or block, the special comes out, if they roll or backdash, it doesn't.

jaym7018

Noob
The OS comes from tge special cancel. If they do a wake-up attack, the special comes out, if they block or roll or backdash, it doesn't
Just stop posting please. If fhey block the special still comes out. You are obviously another person who hasnt tested this and still posts. We are talking aboit hard knock downs rolling doesnt apply. You are right about back dashing though you will just get a whiffed d1.

d3v

SRK
Just stop posting please. If fhey block the special still comes out. You are obviously another person who hasnt tested this and still posts. We are talking aboit hard knock downs rolling doesnt apply. You are right about back dashing though you will just get a whiffed d1.
Typo, already fixed that.

The point is, it's still an option select.

Doesn't matter if one option is worse than the rest. It's just like safe jumps in ST, the one option you don't want them to do is a reversal/wake-up attack since that beats the OS outright.

jaym7018

Noob
Typo, alteady fixed that.

The point is, it's still an option select.

Sent from a ditch using NachophiliaTalk. Yes, the sauce is hot when I stick it in.

Typo yeah you accidentally hit the letters block. Its useless tech as described the tc claims this tech allows the stuffing of wake up attacks this isnt true the tech is unnecessary. A useless option select that only works on back dashes is hardly useful and absolutely not "groundbreaking".

d3v

SRK
Typo yeah you accidentally hit the letters block. Its useless tech as described the tc claims this tech allows the stuffing of wake up attacks this isnt true the tech is unnecessary. A useless option select that only works on back dashes is hardly useful and absolutely not "groundbreaking".
That's like saying that safe jump OS is useless in ST since reversal dp beats it flat out. Everything is weak to/beaten out by something, it's up to the players to figure out when best to use their options.

jaym7018

Noob
That's like saying that safe jump OS is useless in ST since reversal dp beats it flat out. Everything is weak to/beaten out by something, it's up to the players to figure out when best to use it.
But this tech doesnt "beat" anything. If they wake up a slightly delayed special (match up dependent) or a mb b/f3 will do the exact same thing as if i used d1 before it. If they block i get punished if the special i canceled into is unsafe or i wasted meter with the b/f 3. If they back dash we are nuetral.

d3v

SRK
But this tech doesnt "beat" anything. If they wake up a slightly delayed special (match up dependent) or a mb b/f3 will do the exact same thing as if i used d1 before it. If they block i get punished if the special i canceled into is unsafe or i wasted meter with the b/f 3. If they back dash we are nuetral.
As Aris and I have stated, go figure shit out yourself. This is just the beginning of this tech. Instead of complaining, try figuring out what works and what doesn't for your character(s).

As I said, safe jump OS in ST doesn't seem useful because reversals beat it out. Yet it's considered an important skill in that game. This is because people learned when to use it.

jaym7018

Noob
As Aris and I have stated, go figure shit out yourself. This is just the beginning of this tech. Instead of complaining, try figuring out what works and what doesn't for your character(s).

As I said, safe jump OS in ST doesn't seem useful because reversals beat it out. Yet it's considered an important skill in that game. This is because people learned when to use it.
And as ive said wtf do you think ive been doing since this topic was made. Its no surprise nothing has come from this in 24 hours.

d3v

SRK
And as ive said wtf do you think ive been doing since this topic was made. Its no surprise nothing has come from this in 24 hours.
From what I've seen, starting fights with everyone who's said anything contrary to what you've been saying.

Sasuga

Noob
This tech is usefull. I for one was used to doing wake-up attacks on reaction when my opp inputs meaty normals on my wake-up. That is now potentially dangerous.

This IS an option select. The special comes out when blocked or when opp does wakeup. The special does NOT come out when the opponent backdashes. It's an option select the same as Ryu's jump-in / shoryuken OS. When the opponent backdashes Shoryu comes out, when he blocks the jump in it doesn't.

Reactions: d3v
I am new to the fighting the scene, so this is not only new to me, but a great piece of tech to have. Thanks for pointing this out.

Reactions: d3v

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
This seems really cool. If the D1 xx special is blocked though, you're a sitting duck.

Option selects in general shut down more than one option, but this injustice one seems to only cover wake-up attacks - just one. So why do that when you can be patient...that will allow you see + punish backdashes, and block + punish wake-ups. There, two options covered just by playing it smart.