What's new

Which factor will influence who you decide to main in MKX?

Who will you main?

• Total voters

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Favorite character - Ermac
Fit my playstyle well - Ermac
Ninja - Ermac
alts will be rain and smoke again and maybe some Jade ;)
id say Frost but Boon doesnt like her :(

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I'm gonna start with quan if he's Hella unviable/doesn't fit my play style/LI mei makes the cut I'll drop him though :(

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I usually pick my character by if they have a spin/roundhouse-type move or telekinesis/magic. Mileena has u4, b14, roll etc and Kenshi has his telekinetic-type moves, but I also play a bit of Quan/Ermac

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
There's a variety of characters (ninjas) that I enjoy but the ones that I always liked the most are Sub-Zero, Scorpion & Kitana. I usually alternate between the 3 in each fighting game. Which ever one has the best fit & playstyle for me is who I play. MK9 I mained Kitana. Sub-Zero & Scorpion didn't turn out the way that I wanted them to in the MK9 patches though. :/ I'm wanting to play Sub-Zero or Scorpion this time around.

Last edited:

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I want to play either Cyrax or Reptile. HAN wants to play either Cyrax or Reptile. I'll just play whoever he doesn't. If all else fails, I'll play Raiden, because he's cool.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
I main whoever fits my playstyle, which in other fighting games is usually Rushdown/Grappler with mixup potential.

Playstyle + Fav character, if playstyle doesn't match with fav character, I'll pick the coolest looking one or the one I like that gameplay of.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Who ever I have the most fun with playstyle-wise, but they can't be obviously bad characters either.

With this mentality you actually end up falling in love with the character itself over time.

Last edited:
1. Character is fun to play and as an interesting moveset.
2. Character has some type of cancelable special move that modifies/reduces frame data.

Cody

Noob
I don't really main. I just generalize with everybody that I can. I'm no pro with anybody, but I definitely make sure I know everybody too if that makes sense.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I'll main Noob Saibot (my favorite) no matter what really. I can't see them making his play style or move set unappealing to me at all.

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
I plan on maining sub and Havik regardless of how bad they are, but if a character is really fun, then I'll play said character. In addition to that, I will learn a high tier character so I can have a pocket character if needed. Eventually I'll end up learning everyone (combo wise, but not in and out) so I can have fun, but I'll get my mains down before I do that because I want to try a shot a tournaments since it was too late for me for MK9.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I plan on maining sub and Havik regardless of how bad they are, but if a character is really fun, then I'll play said character. In addition to that, I will learn a high tier character so I can have a pocket character if needed. Eventually I'll end up learning everyone (combo wise, but not in and out) so I can have fun, but I'll get my mains down before I do that because I want to try a shot a tournaments since it was too late for me for MK9.
I admire your character loyalty and also your willingness to branch out to other characters instead of confining yourself to said character(s) you hold close to your heart. I know for a fact I'll be using Noob, but I also plan to give every character a fair chance instead of automatically writing them off. Who knows, I might find a character I enjoy playing more than Noob... and that's ok.

Oogalord

Noob
Gotta play the bad guys. That's one of my favorite things about fighters, they let you play as the villains, and MK has plenty.

I played alot of Noob, Baraka and Quan Chi in MK9, so I'm hoping one of them will be strong enough to main. Never really clicked with Reptile in MK9 but I'm definitely gonna give him another shot. Then there's Skarlet and Scorpion. Dis gon' be good.

If they're all crap, whatever. I've always been a shameless low-tier hero, and I only rep characters that I like. I won't touch the Kabals and MMH's, for that is the path of Those Who Are Lame. For me the joy of fighters is in repping characters that I think are cool, and winning with them. Sometimes it's quite a struggle, like with Noob or Baraka. Sometimes it starts out as a struggle, and then it gets awesome.... Like with Bane.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I'll main whichever character I click with the most. No need to force something if it isn't a good fit. I hope Baraka and Raiden mix well with my style again.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I love subs, Ermac, reptile and cyborg smoke but will main top tiers only. Probably gonna use all of them like I did with MK9.

My main gotta have a 6frame true wake up attack. 6-9 frame aa. And good pokes :) But like someone said will probably look into maining Reos main.:DOGE

Last edited by a moderator: