What's new

Which character(s) were you wrong about?

In the months following the release of the much anticipated Mortal Kombat X, our opinions about the beloved characters it encompasses have changed quite a bit.

Now that EVO 2015 and number of other hard-fought tournaments are behind us, which character(s) did you jump the gun on? Here is your chance to admit your sleight of tongue and make amends by chastising yourself before the community digs into the graveyard and blows you into smithereens for speaking too soon.

I'll start:

Liu Kang
I initially thought this character was weak, this was mostly as a result of taking a bit longer to learn this character than many others. Boy was I wrong. Definitely a solid character--at least mid-tier status.

Tremor
After yesterday we can probably all agree that we weren't exactly right about abysmal Tremor. I won't call anyone out personally but you get my drift. Still, I feel a few slight buffs are in order, but as I have learned in the past, keep your mouth shut until you flush the character out more.

Scorpion
I thought Inferno Scorpion was overpowered. Enough said.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I initially thought Sub Zero was crazy good. His clone seemed ridiculous and while it still can be in some matchups, disappearing after a blocked attack makes it a lot more manageable--albeit at the expense of Sub Zero's strength as a character.

I also initially thought Goro was decent, but the more I play with him the worse he seems to be, lol.

I was definitely wrong about Takeda. I definitely though Shirai Ryu was easily top ten beginning of the year. Oops!! I was wrong about Liu Kang also, thought he was just "okay" until I played someone who knew the block string infinite :confused:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Day One - I thought Ferra/Torr would be a popular tournament character.

DabJr 187

Twitter NE_8a_DabJr & Twitch NE_8A_DabJr
I thought he'd be good just based on the caltrops. It looked like a versatile move that basically forced you to play his game.
It totally did caltrops had me like "DAMNNN THEY STOP YOU FROM RUNNING?!" But they didn't show his overhead or low or 21122 nobody even knew he had those until sonic fox used him at fatal 8

Koor

Hot Gyahbage
I thought Jacqui would be a pretty devastating character. From the early photos and reveal, she seemed to have alot of great tools for dealing with many different situations. Welp LOL! But while i dont think shes unplayable, she cant be left alone by NRS in her current state and expect to survive in this game.

ImperatrixSindel

Too bad YOU... will DIE!
I thought Jacqui was really great. Not so much. I wish they'd give her some attention in one of the upcoming patches -- she's really fun to play, but she is really suffering out there.

Reactions: cfw

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'm wrong a lot.

Kung lao. At release I felt he was weak, despite his fantastic tools.

Sub. I thought he was stupid, broken tier OP. MKX is my first fighting game, so his clone utterly wrecked me, because I just didn't understand the game. However,I never asked for a nerf or whined about it, beyond a very very deep sigh, whenever someone picked him. Lol.

Takeda and F/T. I felt like both were very strong.