What's new

Where to start when learning Nightwing?

I've always thought he was a really interesting character. Been watching some videos of him and I want to learn him. I don't want to go thru all the threads and read everything right now. What are his main tools and tricks?

Nightwing mains...what do you think of him overall. Is he fun to play or frustrating?

-Main strings?
-Frame Traps?
-Overall strategy with him? (Do you want to push your opponent into the corner and use staff?)

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
I'm in the process of writing up a crawl/walk/run guide for Nightwing.

If you would like to see what a typical match for myself looks like you can have a look at my stream archive www.twitch.tv/NightwingDayZero

I'm going to be playing a lot in the next month, both online and offline. Feel free to drop in the stream later tonight, you can see how I approach the character and ask any questions you may like.

In the meantime you can check out @Sajam's Youtube channel. He has some awesome Nightwing tech and tutorials you may find very helpful.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVsmYrE8-v3VS7XWg3cXp9g

Otherwise this character subforum may be a bit disorganized, but there are gems on every page. The benefit of having few people post regularly here makes it easy to navigate and find actual information.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
I've always thought he was a really interesting character. Been watching some videos of him and I want to learn him. I don't want to go thru all the threads and read everything right now. What are his main tools and tricks?

Nightwing mains...what do you think of him overall. Is he fun to play or frustrating?

-Main strings? (In escrima, 112, 113, f213, and d12, Staff 1f1 and 1f2)
-Frame Traps? (112 is +21 *can be backdashed between 1 and 2*, d12 is +8, MB FlipKick is +1, MB Ground Blast is +18, MB Staff Spin is +18)
-Overall strategy with him? (Do you want to push your opponent into the corner and use staff?)Most MUs you want to get in with Escrima and they stay in with Staff,though there are exceptions. NW's Corner Game is nothing to laugh at.

I'm in the process of writing up a crawl/walk/run guide for Nightwing.

If you would like to see what a typical match for myself looks like you can have a look at my stream archive www.twitch.tv/NightwingDayZero

I'm going to be playing a lot in the next month, both online and offline. Feel free to drop in the stream later tonight, you can see how I approach the character and ask any questions you may like.

In the meantime you can check out @Sajam's Youtube channel. He has some awesome Nightwing tech and tutorials you may find very helpful.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVsmYrE8-v3VS7XWg3cXp9g

Otherwise this character subforum may be a bit disorganized, but there are gems on every page. The benefit of having few people post regularly here makes it easy to navigate and find actual information.
Thanks for the video links. Seems like you gotta learn more strings than you normally would for other characters.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
If your on xbl add me @ EMPEROR PRYCE and ill show some basics with him to get you started. If u rather learn on your own, then just remember, d12 f213 and 112 are ur best friends. Ending combos w 113 allow good Oki. Staff is awesome once your in, but if u lose momentum go back to escrima. Wingdings are fucking amazing. Good rushdown, but better set ups. Decent zoning, but better to counter zone (wingding over projectiles, ground spark under some)

Ground spark dash cancels are good to trick opponents into blockin low. b2 in escrima is an excellent tool, just don't overuse it.