What's new

Where should I hunt for Sheeva's damage?

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Hey all. I've had a huge interest in Sheeva for a long while now, as I love playing underestimated and underused characters. Sheeva has a ton of potential and I'd like to help unlock some of it.

The guide in this forum is awesome, and along with the frame data, has given me a perfect base on which to build my gameplay. The biggest problem I'm having is finding out where my opportunities for more damage are.

Some example questions, to help clarify what I mean...
1. After a blocked 2,1,2,F+1~B,F+3 sequence, the frame data says I'm at a ridiculous +12. Since her D+4 is 12 frames, does this mean that I get a guaranteed D+4~fireball afterwards that they have to block?

2. Are there moves/strings after which Sheeva gets an uninterruptable stomp attempt? I dont mean a guaranteed stomp - I just mean where she's able to get up in the air uninterrupted... getting down would still be a read.

I'm just having some trouble understanding where her opportunities are.

Somberness

Lights
1. yes
2. After 22 frames, she is pretty much off the screen so anything that has a cancel advantage of at least +15 should be good.

If you can land Sheeva's 2,1,2,F+1 string she is good. The hard part you will find about Sheeva is how to get that 12 frame high attack to hit other players.