What's new

When it RAINS, it Pours...Introducing RAIN to MK9

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Rain was always one of my favorite characters in MKT because of his lightning storm. Good to see he's back with the super roundhouse again :)

Freakin AWESOME. You know how Liu Kang and Raiden do those incredibly annoying long-ass combos that make you want to fling the controller at the screen? I actually wouldn't mind if Rain was like that.

Cause he's RAIN.

that liu kang combo drives me nuts! it doesn't even look neat, it's just annoying as hell. I agree and think that the crazy rain combos could actually require skill and at least look neat.

Looks amazing! As long as the combos require a bit of skill to complete I reckon he will be a really fun character to play.

Vassago187 said:
Yes! The super roundhouse is back! That's friggin sweet!
I was about to complain if I didn't see that super roundhouse. I'm am satisfied. Now lets just see how fun he is to use. :)

I'm actually betting his damage will be pretty low compared to the other ninjas. He is a bit...limp-wristed if you catch my drift :D

That entrance might be the most....fairy-esque thing I've ever seen. He twirls in like a ballerina and I can just imagine him yelling "I'M FABULOUSSSSSSS!" with his little flair at the end,

Special moves look pretty sweet though

Davey_8000 said:
That entrance might be the most....fairy-esque thing I've ever seen. He twirls in like a ballerina and I can just imagine him yelling "I'M FABULOUSSSSSSS!" with his little flair at the end,
hahaha, does a "twirl"

Davey, you know what I just realized? His win pose is straight out of MKT:

I think it's an awesome touch, and while the intro threw me for a loop at first it's probably just him morphing down from a tornado or something.

Edit- typo!

TerryMasters said:
Davey, you know what I just realized? His win pose is straight out of MKT:

I think it's an awesome touch, and while the intro through me for a loop at first it's probably just him morphing down from a tornado or something.
Yeah I did notice that, I have to give props to NS for their unrelenting attention to detail.

Anyone worked out some combos for rain? I was playing with him a bit today...lightning storm has a really fast activation.