What's new

Whats your favourite special move across the series?

I love reflecting moves so the fact that both Kenshi and Takeda have one is really convenient.
A close second one would be Sektor's Flamethrower.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Liu's Bicycle kick, Johnny's Nut Punch, Scorpy's Spear, Subby's Clone, Rayden's yelling superman move.
Here it is.... Top-5 iconic specials !

CallMeTetris

draxx them sklounst
I think i gotta go with nut punch, Cassie's ex nutpunch being my favorite version.

Honorable mentions go to Noob's tele izuna drop (and i don't even like noob!), forceball, jacqui's bf4 (she doesn't get much love but that move is just so satisfying), and rain's super roundhouse.

aj1701

Noob
Kitana's fans.
Seriously... they are ridiculous.
The first time I saw someone be stuck in the air after being hit by one (MK 2) I was hooked!
I agree, but I prefer her MK9 fans over MK2. She could throw them faster and the metallic sound were perfect.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Lots of amazing, iconic moves... very hard to pick just one.

But if I had to, I think I'd go with Jax's Superman punch.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Ermac - Telekinetic Slam
Jade - Projectile Shield
Kabal - Web Spin
Cyrax - Teleport
Johnny Cage - Nut Punch
Scorpion's Spear as a classic..

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
My top 5 MK specials ever, not in order:

1) Reptile's Acid Spit
2) Reptile's Forceball (slow and fast)
3) Reptile's Reptilian Dash
4) Scorpion's Spear
5) Mileena's Sai Daggers

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
I mean I wanna say morphs from mk2/3, but that's kind of a bunch of similar specials. Soul stealer from mk9 works as well.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
lizard dash
nomad dash and Gas Blast
bicycle Kick
shadow Backflip (Johnny MK 9)
Kano's choke
All Kano commando moves
Smoke and Sketor Throw in Armaggedon
Nightwolf mystic weapons
Kai "capoeira" moves
Takeda BF1 (dont remember move name)
Sub Zero Comand Grab (Cryomancer)
Goro Stomp
Quan chi stomp in Mk 4
Hotaru lateral "bicycle Kick"
All Baraka blade moves
Smoke Shake

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I have to add another to the list, because there hasn't been anything like it since (for good reason, but still)...

The Rune Trap.

There were few things quite as unsettling as having to approach or be approached by a Quan with a full stick of butter.

(That would sound so strange out of context.)

A few-

Ice clone: when i first saw it I couldn't understand why you'd ever use it. As i got better at fighters I realized how crazy it is. I love the corner trap shenanigans and how it warps play. Having it cancel your moves is probably too much, but such a fun move.

TK slam- first time I saw it i knew i'd main ermac. Spear and freeze are iconic in how they demonstrate what a fighting game could do in a way that even a total noob kinda gets, and tk slam took that one step further being able to catch people out of the air and show off juggle combos.

Rune Trap- Another move that I love because it wasn't obvious just how good it was at the start. Those rune trap blockstrings/conversions are just the sort of thing I love.